Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Yetis: Shall we mod the savefile to make yetis trainable?

No. This game is supposed to be (mostly) vanilla.
- 1 (14.3%)
No. We need them for the militia's live training.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We could trade them for a nice profit.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. We shall crush our enimies with war yetis!
- 6 (85.7%)
♪ It's a small world after all...  ♪
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36

Author Topic: [Self-Explanatory Title] Amberjewel, The Glacial Succession Fortress [/Title]  (Read 86083 times)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

I'd like a dorf please!

Clover Magic, Female, no other special requests. :)

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Ill take a spot on the turn list, as well as a dwarf (Stonecrafter, Mason, Miner, Mechanic, ect (NOT Farmer/woodcutter/hunter/animal caretaker).

I have had plenty of experience with frozen fortresses (My previous three forts were on glaciers or in tundra).
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to join too, please.  Will take a turn (hope everything is setup by then because I have no glacier experience at all  :-[ ) and a dorf - a peasant called Clint.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

My update (will be extra long to make up for the wait) will definitely be up in less than three days.

Does anyone have any requests/suggestions for the fortress? I would be nice to get some ideas for semi-megaprojects that can be worked on each turn.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Ice sculptures! Made by bucket brigade bringing water from below to above surface.

Give my dorf profession "Closet Mason"
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My update (will be extra long to make up for the wait) will definitely be up in less than three days.

Does anyone have any requests/suggestions for the fortress? I would be nice to get some ideas for semi-megaprojects that can be worked on each turn.

Secure a big rectangle in the middle of the surface by digging a moat around it, please. About the maximum stockpile size, 31x31, will be good. A tower could be built there.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Secure a big rectangle in the middle of the surface by digging a moat around it, please. About the maximum stockpile size, 31x31, will be good. A tower could be built there.
Ice tower.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile

Ice tower.
Reach for the heavens at least until spring. :D
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ice tower.
Reach for the heavens at least until spring. :D

It's a glacier. Spring doesn't apply.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Bogre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like to play some snowdwarves.

'Bumble Frostbeard', 'Abominable Snowdwarf', Animal Trainer/Trapper/Wrestler

Bonus if he's friends with this guy:

Super bonus: He becomes a Legendary Biter.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:47:05 pm by Bogre »

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile

I'd like a turn and a dwarf: Tevish Szat, an Engraver, and ideally either not skilled in military skills, or else a Lasher, though really Engraver is the only requirement.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Right, here's the rest of my turn. I didn't make quite as many dorfings as are on the list, and I couldn't start any of the semi-megaprojects. Actually, I've done bugger all. Running a succession fort is more difficult than I thought...

Journal of the Mad One, 21 Hematite
The migrants arrived. They didn't have anything worthwhile with them. Even the animals they brought were useless! We're not allowed to eat them because they're 'pets' or some nonsense... oh, hey! That's a yeti!

Journal of the Mad One, 1 Limestone
Autumn has come to our tomb, and with it, new life.

Not much else has happened. Well, we got more migrants. But they're all useless. Useless! USELESS!!

Journal of the Mad One, 24 Limestone
Now we have space to store our food! The Stockpile Hall, commissioned by Myself, and filled with the finest Rock Salt Doors made by our very own closet mason!

Journal of the Mad One, [date]

... we're screwed.

--------------------------------------------------

journal of thhe MMad one

boooze is rationedd. Myy idea. but now i can Barley thinnnk or seee or spelllll......... nothiiing leffftttt....
waiit, iiis tthhaaatt a caaravann? i Will give theem thee flutees.............. [/li][/list]{a pool of ink blots out the rest of the page}

The miner has been possessed. Everything is proceeding as planned.

She has claimed a Mason's workshop. Excellent... I hope something good comes of this.

Journal of the Mad One, 7 Moonstone
I have drunk the last of the booze. Everyone is complaining of thirst. Well, except for that miner, she seems absolutely fine.
We brought the flutes to the flutes to the merchants. I think Peregar is trying to trade them for booze at the moment. Next, we'll - HEY WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING!!??

Journal of the Mad One, 19 Moonstone
I ordered Feylers to dig straight for the caverns. maybe they';l have wAter... sweEeet wattrer.....

[bJjourNAL of The Mad 1, MooostoonE?[/b]
wattrer?

wattrer! Yay!

That was actually really stressful. I would have conveyed it better if I wasn't so tied up with Christmas-related nonsense.
I ended my turn in midwinter, in direct contradiction of my own rules, betraying my word and all that is good and right, because that fortress is awful to manage. The dwarves disobey my direct instructions, haul when they're not meant to, build flutes instead of other instruments... Ugh. I believe it's Tirion's turn now.

The file is here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7231
It's not a hyperlink, sorry. I'm bad with those.

Anyway, have ‼Fun‼.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, I'll start on it within a few days.

EDIT: wow, you really gave it to me when a Troll was just about to rush in the fortress. Guess I got... trolled  :P
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:04:35 pm by Tirion »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The record of the following events have been preserved only in speech, and may not be totally accurate.

Entry 1

So...thirsty. Everyone rushed to the caverns for a drink of cool water, alcohol preference long forgotten. But something rushed up against the tide of parched dwarves: a Troll, great and terrible. It rushed into the main stockpile area, and ran around roaring. The more expandable of the dwarves were gathered in a militia, they cornered the beast and had beaten it to death with their bare hands. Who felled it is a mystery to the ages- some say it succombed to bleeding inflicted by the dog's bite upon his head.

Entry 2

A cat was slaughtered for it's skin, because even the poor possessed miner refused to do anything with the Troll. With it, created Lurkedally, a fairly nondescript rock salt weapon rack. The entrance bridge is raised until the yeti outside goes away. Dralthas are spotted in the caverns. Construction of rock blocks starts, with the eventual goal of walling off some of the caverns for farming.

Entry 3

Peregar is appointed manager and bookkeeper. Kiera is appointed broker, for now- not that anyone knows a thing about appraising. A dining hall and quarters are designated to be mined out, along with future noble lodgings.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:39:40 pm by Tirion »

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What happened to the merchants?  Did they bring flutes to trade too?
I love the entrance design, this looks like an architecturally pleasing tomb to die in get-beaten-to-death-by-a-troll-on-the-way-for-a-drink in.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36