Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Genesis 5 Adventure mode difficulty?  (Read 577 times)

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Genesis 5 Adventure mode difficulty?
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:38:02 am »

Ok, I recall previously being able to get some characters pretty far in adventure mode, but for the last several days I've been trying to play in Genesis 5 and pretty much anything capable of movement is instantly lethal to me. Doesn't matter if I've trained up a multiple legendary wrestler in bronze plate armor, or a starting newb, any wild animal seems quite sufficient to murder me, much less actual bandits, fireball hurling nomads, or what have you.

Seriously, how powerful does a character have to be before wild deer stop one-shotting you in this mod?

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
Re: Genesis 5 Adventure mode difficulty?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 05:05:09 pm »

You know, if a wild deer kicks you in the head in real life there's probably a good chance you'll die.

Don't know if Genesis rebalances anything, but I think its been proved that plate armour is actually mostly detrimental vs. anything vaguely piercing in Vanilla DF. Wear chain instead. Have a good dodge. Have a good sneak. More agility the better. These kinds of things may keep you alive to get a dozen kills or so until something gets a lucky shot in.

You may have just had a very bad streak.
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis 5 Adventure mode difficulty?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 05:36:22 pm »

Yes, I guess I just keep foolishly hoping that the metal helmet I'm wearing might *DO* something, but I guess that's a stretch. ;)