Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Kill, Escape, Restart. A zombie RTD. Turn 6  (Read 14922 times)

detective1412

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill, Escape, Restart. A zombie RTD.
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2012, 03:30:15 am »

"Objection!" I said proudly. But really,this is just a game,she is worrying too much!
"I'm actually,well you could say,a martial artist. This gun is just for the really dangerous moment,and from this world physics,i hope,that punching and kicking doesn't really make loud sounds,but i dunno about the NP- I mean the NRA who likes to shoot,maybe i will just go alone,sacrificing myself for greater good,or maybe one of you wants to go with me,i dunno. And yes,i likes to talk" Whew,i said that whole paragraph without taking breath? But heck,doesn't care anymore.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2012, 04:36:28 am »

Jane replies to Akbar, "Was hoping about 8 of us would go, leaving 2 or so to keep this place intact.  Eight's plenty to carry supplies, plenty to keep watch and defend those carrying, and few enough to move fast."  She hesitates a moment.

"You really sure you want to be punching zombies?"  She glances away, adding, "Maybe don't aim for the face.  Punching the mouth sounds like a fine way to force a bite.  Surely we can find some knives for you if you'd like that?"

Jane starts to walk away, then pauses again.  "Give me a moment to see how the other's agree, and who wants to come or stay?  We'll be ready to head out very shortly.  Would you mind taking a quick walkabout inside our area, and make sure our defenses look alright to you?"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

detective1412

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2012, 06:56:43 am »

"Don't worry,i'm fine without a knife,and i can use gun pretty well,i'm a police officer." Well yeah,i'm actually a pacifist,but then this start and more...
"What i'm worrying is that you worry too much,and the fact that 8 peoples are too many and hard to protect,surely that means you want to sacrifice them?" I actually pause to breath now,to add some realitism to this game. "Except if you now start to like sounding guns." 

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »

Military:

The helicopter hovers several feet above an office building in the middle of the city and about 100 ft from the bunker. You all jump out onto the roof. At an instruction from Michael, Janus and Cerberus take point, looking silently for zombies as MIR07XP sends out a message to any nearby survivors. Jake, Hans, and David nervously look around and look for zombies, survivors, cars, or explosives. (2) However, the rooftop is pretty deserted, just like the helicopter pilot said. Oh, wait, theres a zombie he must have missed. Janus and Cerberus immediatly move toward it with drawn machetes. Charlie emits a sound.  It sounds like it was probably his attempt to sigh.  He says to the gently beeping MIR07XP "It is so odd how these humans are happy to take the lives of animals.  We don't need to kill anything we don't have to."
MIR07XP stares at Charlie for an uncomfortable minute or two.  Then, it says in a calm, clear voice "Damn Hippie."

Meanwhile, Murphy and the Man in black seem to be making small talk.
"Hi, I am Murphy, but you can call me spade."
"I know. I've read the unclassified part of your file."
"Yeah, but none of your file was unclassified. What's your name?"
"My name is Jonathan. You were the machineguner. Right?"
"Yes. This is my M240 here. It's the best gun there is."
"You should see some of the stuff they're working on. Like this." Jonathan pulls out a futuristic looking assault rifle and fires it at the zombie. (3) For a second you think the gun didn’t fire, then a can next to the zombie is sent flying. (3) The can almost hits Janus, but he whacks it off the office roof. The zombie turns his attention away from Charlie and towards Janus.

Survivors:
In 110 Lincoln Dr., Peter Smith is attacked by his zombie wife Clair (what is up with you guys?). (5) Peter's wife puts him in a headlock, dealing (1) damage. This makes it really easy for Peter to aim his gun (+1 to aim). (6-1+1) He shoots his wife in the head. Peter stands for a second above his dead wife, murmuring, "I'm sorry Clair. If someone is responsible for this, I'll kill them."

112 Lincoln: Sturm searches for anything useful. Halfway through he is interrupted by a gunshot. 6,2) In his search for a weapon he finds a toy bow and arrow. It looks like it can still shoot. It just needs better arrows. (6,3) He also finds a couple of bandages and some painkillers.

114 Lincoln: Clair and John both look for supplies. They hear a faint gunshot from 110. Clair seems to be having problems, finding (2,1) a hairdryer (2,6) and a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide. John has a little more luck, finding (6,3) some bandages and some painkillers. (2) His attempt to find a fire extinguisher fails, (5) but he does find a crowbar. That's a useful tool.

In 116 Lincoln, Joey finds his (6,1) water pistol.

In 118 Lincoln, Stanley finds his (6,5) shotgun.

Utopians:
Jane Andrews takes Alice, herself, Mohammed, Ruth Starbright (NPC-NRA nut), and John Chase (NPC) out to the grocery store, leaving Ulysses, Andrew, and John Starbright (NPC-NRA nut) to hold the office. Ulysses wanders around the office building, finding (5,5) a couple of those office water dispensers and some paper cups. (you know what I'm talking about right?) Andrew and John strike up a conversation. Andrew gets the impression that John's ideal utopia seems to be one with no government and no laws where everyone is Christian. As Jane's party leaves, they (1) accidentally knock over a few crates of something that makes a lot of noise when moved. (6) Thankfully humans can out run zombies. Now jane's group only has to worry about zombies in the grocery and getting back to the office building. You see several zombies and many adrift shopping carts in the grocery store. Mohammed and Jane's argument over guns is stopped by Ruth, who gives mohammed a silencer, and then asks them to stop attracting zombies.

(Sorry about this being late. I got sick this week, which meant I couldn't spend enough time on the computer to post this until now.)

Spoiler: Player inventory (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2012, 04:07:07 pm »

Charlie moves to a position to block the zombie if it tries to attack the squad.  He advances on it from that angle, and attempts to push it off of the roof.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2012, 04:11:00 pm »

Wait for someone specified for this to kill the zombie. I'd probably miss and kill one of the Ghosts. Look over the side of the roof to the street and see how the local Zed population is doing.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2012, 04:18:23 pm »

Hearing the gun shot Clair turned to John "Shall we"

Head to 110.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2012, 04:22:48 pm »

"of course. Unless zombies have learned to use guns, that means there are still humans about. And if they have learned how to use guns, we're dead anyway."
Follow Clair to 110
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2012, 05:03:11 pm »

check the fridge and cupboards for food, then investigate the gunshot.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2012, 05:07:02 pm »

Have Janus and Cerberus kill the zombie silently.

Aim my rifle at it so if they fail I shoot it.

Assign the rest to check the stairs and floor below us using silent weapons.

Roboman is to continue sending messages out.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2012, 05:16:07 pm »

"Humans, please do your very best to not shoot me, or alert others to our presence."

"That 'don't-shoot-me' part goes for you too, MIR07XP." 

Charlie continues to advance on the zombie, though he does glance back at Mir a few times.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:08:59 pm by Thecard »

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2012, 08:58:01 pm »

Go to the roof if possible and look at our surrounding area. While up there, look for supplies.

"I will be on the roof chaps. If you need me just come find me."
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2012, 10:23:36 pm »

imp-Jane Andrews actions:

Any zombies that get close to us in here are surely getting killed as quietly as possible, but I at least am going to ignore the ones that ignore us.

As none of us really has much in the way of carrying equipment, a few of the nearest shopping carts will be checked to find ones that roll smoothly and quietly.  I encourage our group to help me load up around 3 carts to about an inch below the top of the wire sides (we may well be pushing these at a run on the way back) focused on food, water, and medical supplies taking up almost all of the space in that order of priority (water's less important than food now because of the presence of water coolers in that office).  Anyone who doesn't seem to want to help fill the carts is encouraged to be ready to smash/slice/otherwise quietly off the undead that may get to close.

If I see easily accessible bills as we pass the registers, I'll take a few handfulls, and/or encourage someone else to.  I don't care about money myself, but I assume we may have the chance at some point to interact with others who may care, and paper money's really easy to carry
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2012, 11:03:21 pm »

Sturm will try and locate any nearby people!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2012, 12:56:52 am »

Spade

"Interesting toy, can't say much for your zero though, sir. How's it work, though?"

Prepare to fire my suppressed pistol if need be.

"Bloody handguns. Nothing more American than 'em, but heck if I'm a gunman."
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15