Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: General questions thread  (Read 560 times)

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
General questions thread
« on: December 08, 2012, 10:58:54 am »

I wonder why there isn't already such a thread.

Anyways, name says it all. A thread for all the little questions so that there isn't a new one for every small problem.

Some questions ahead:

1.I play as a kobold and can interact with humans/elves/dwarves normally at the beginning of the game. I start in a usual hamlet, collect a few quests and followers and approach the first lairs or bandit camps. After a victorious day I return and then every human wants to kill me! I think it has something to do with me being a kobold and then killing humans (bandits). Does this anger the other humans? Can I somehow turn them friendly with changing something in the "entity" code?

2. I am currently using the mod "wanderer's friend" and I wonder if a *lion tooth spear* is better than a copper spear. How do I know which material is better than another one? With the whetstone, I can "hone" stone knifes/axes and bone/tooth spears but are they better than copper weapons?
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: General questions thread
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 12:06:41 pm »

There used to be such a questions thread, but it seems it got buried several pages ago.

1. Could be an issue with the mod you're playing. The bandits are their own group and not part of a human civ, so that should not be a problem.

2. I'm not familiar with that mod, you should probably ask in that mod's thread if there is one. For vanilla materials check the wiki. In vanilla metals are definitely better than bone and stone.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 01:33:21 pm »

Actually a general questions thread for adventure mode already exsists. Here's the link:
www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=71780.0
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 02:17:38 pm »

as a rule metal weapons are better than tooth or bone weapons.
armor is the same.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 04:07:03 am »

I just found out that my Kobold attacks children if I try to crawl under them. He uses his regular auto-attack, perhaps this has something to do witht the [BABYSNATCHER] token...
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 04:12:08 am »

[BABYSNATCHER] might explain why humans are hostile to you. I don't know too much about modding, but you might have to take that out to get a playable kobold. Also shouldn't only goblins have [BABYSNATCHER]?

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 01:09:37 pm »

You are right, it was the goblins who have the [BABYSNATCHER] token...  :( And I thought I found the mistake.
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 06:41:21 pm »

Kobolds have [ITEM_THIEF] and [SKULKING], I would suspect it's one or both of those that make you hostile.