Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Anomaly Deathmatch  (Read 3910 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Anomaly Deathmatch
« on: December 08, 2012, 08:45:59 am »

Anomaly Deathmatch

Where are you? That doesn't matter.

Who are you? Now thats a good question.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Five players maximum at any given time. This is subject to change. Waitlisting is perfectly acceptable.
The players will be dropped into a dimensional pocket at the start of their journey.
Your goal is to survive. Leave the rest to me.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 05:28:37 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Anomaly Deathmatch
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:46:34 am »

Dice Rules
[Lower Than 1] - Blew Up In the Hanger: You are guaranteed to lose limbs, life, equipment, jobs, friends, dignity, etc. The severity of the loss goes in accordance with however many points below 1 you have fallen.
[1] - Utter Loss: It didn't work, and you've likely made the situation worse in the process.
[2] - Failure: Whatever you were trying to do, it didn't pan out.
[3] - Ineffective: Your action was successful, but it hardly made a difference.
[4] - Success: It worked, and with the intended results.
[5] - Pure Victory: The action went just as you planned it, and you even managed to get something else in too.
[6] - Pyrrhic: The action went as planned, but with unexpected side effects.
[Higher Than 6] - I Don't Understand: You are guaranteed to gain limbs, life, equipment, jobs, friends, dignity, etc. The value of the gain goes hand-in-hand with the amount of points above 6 that you have risen.

Stats and Buffs
You don't actually have character stats, so any "stat" buffs you have (ex. [+1 to Strength]) will simply give you +1 to rolls that require the use of that faculty. Any one character or group of characters may accrue buffs or other abilities throughout their lifetime(s).

Death
When you die, if you wish to play again, you can post another character sheet to have yourself be placed onto the waitlist.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 05:11:46 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 08:47:03 am »

Players: Unholy_Pariah, scapheap, choobakka, Tsuchigumo550, Persus13

Waitlist: Wwolin, MonkeyHead, tomio175
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:19:19 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 08:47:47 am »

reserve for great justice

Name:number 8
Appearance: cybernetically enhanced xenomorph
Weapons:internally mounted forearm plasma cannons or laser blades if i cant have ranged weapons.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:24:13 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 08:50:33 am »

I have to go to win a wrestling tournament real quick. BRB.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 08:54:10 am »

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:13:47 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 09:07:16 am »

Name: Ug.
Appearance: Caveman.
Weapon: Mammoth Thighbone.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 09:14:10 am »

Reserve
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Karumin blinks. Proceeding to examine the others within this rift.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:23:19 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 09:18:17 am »

Name: Sanya Degyatrev
Appearance: Small and thin, Sanya looks a lot younger than she actually is. She wears a sweater and cargo pants complete with fuzzy slippers, and has wide, black-feathered wings. They come through her sweater by two holes, and allow her to fly for limited amounts of time, and taking off tires Sanya greatly. When in the air, however, she can normally stay aloft for a few minutes. She has two arms, two legs, and aside from the wings, looks like a normal human.
Weapon: 1 Fully Loaded M1911 Handgun

"I just happen to roll out of bed when I'm sleeping, and what happens? I fall into a dimensional rift. I love today. Really."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 11:24:31 am »

Name: Marcus Flint
Appearance: A very well dressed man in a full suit and top hat, brown hair, and white eyes,
Weapon(s): A gun that sends people flying back 14.56 feet. Also has a trusty sword cane.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 01:24:18 pm »

Name: Dan Bleacher
Appearance: A thin man with an almost scarily cocky smile, wearing black leather biker clothes. He has a seemingly everlasting cigar sticking from the corner of his mouth.
Weapon(s): A lump of steel the size of a basketball, and the ability to control metallic bonds with his mind.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 01:27:39 pm »

Waitlist me please.

Name: KBM-1980
Appearance: 7 ft tall combat droid. Strong. Fast. Clumsy. Aritificially intelligent. Very dumb.
Weapon(s): Integrated Auto Cannon with HE, AP and IN rounds of limited number.
This is a blank sig.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 02:47:26 pm »

Name: Ianus Terminalus Maximus
Appearance: He is a three ton heavy, ten meters long cyborg. For some reason, they didn't give him arms. Like an AT-ST, but with four reinforced legs.
Weapon(s): Laser eyes.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:46:43 pm by tomio175 »
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 02:17:14 pm »

Sanya Degyatrev
You wake up and get to your feet, your head throbbing slightly, probably from the fall. You take a look around. You find yourself in a small featureless room with a single door. There is a soft pink pillow on the ground.

Karumin
You throw a few corpses off of you and wipe the blood from your eyes before getting to your feet and looking around. You're at one end of a massive cage thats littered with horribly mutilated corpses (unfortunately it doesn't look anything like your handiwork) and hanging inside a dim cavern. You kick away a small pile of entrails and look down through the grating that makes up the floor. You can only just make out the ground a few hundred feet away in the pitch dark of the cave.  You get back to your feet and eye the door on the other side of the cage thoughtfully.

Ug
You're in wide field covered in snow. The wind blows mightily and you've already started shivering. This doesn't look like your old hunting ground at all..

You scratch your head with one shaking hand and wonder where Yob and the rest of your kill went. Your eyes flash. Yob must've run off with it! He's probably banging your wife and alienating your children as we speak. You growl and set your jaw, vowing to bash Yob's head in the moment you get your hands on him. First you need to find your way through this blizzard however.

Thanatos
You're in a dimly lit room with four doors set into one of the walls. All the doors are metal with no visible handle. One door is oozing blood from its seams. One door is heavily dented. One door is riddled with bullet holes. The last door has a spy-hole with a small hinged cover.

Number 8
One moment you're throwing patrons around in an interstellar cantina over a game of Stint, the next you're hurtling towards the earth at a hundred miles an hour. Your human eye tears up at the force of the winds buffeting you as you tumble through the sky, but your robotic one can clearly see the ground through the wisps of clouds as it rushes towards you.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:38:01 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 02:21:41 pm »

Phase through the bottom of the cage, spin upside down and sit on the air a few feet below the cage. Look around for any other living or sentient creatures.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4