What is the point of this poll?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: -  (Read 15174 times)

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demonslaughter - Bloodline game, Again
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2013, 04:54:08 pm »

Looks like you're having fun. Looking forward to exploring the new map.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2013, 06:29:57 pm »

20th of Galena, 79
My latest plan for getting rid of goblins is working well. I left a baby unconscious by the raised drawbridge. He was then pinned to the ground by several crossbow bolts. This lured the retched goblins in for the kill. But unlucky for them the baby was lying amidst the stone traps!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

21st of Galena, 79
The human merchants come to our aid, and soon the ground is littered with the corpses of goblins. Shame about the baby, but they're in abundant supply in this fort.

3rd Limestone, 79
The invasion is long over and the human merchants are displaying their wares. Anthony refuses to stay in his warren, ignores the fact that he's not supposed to do hauling and ignores the cries to get him to come broker. He just wants to wander off to the edge of the map and pick up a larch ring.

17th Limestone, 79
Amish goes insane. A vicious killer, slayer of countless goblins, eagles and zombies, he runs beserk in our corridors. When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss also runs at you with a bismuth crossbow.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2013, 08:54:37 pm »

The human merchants come to our aid, and soon the ground is littered with the corpses of goblins. Shame about the baby, but they're in abundant supply in this fort.
This. Must. Be. Sigged.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2013, 10:12:01 pm »

18th Limestone, 79
Yeah, Amish didn't last long. Crazy 'til the end, Armok bless his socks.

10th Sandstone, 79
Not much of anything has happened for a little while. We got some more migrants in, bringing the population up to just over 150 dwarves.

3rd of Timber, 79
I woke up to the Draft and realised there'd been a terrible scheduling mishap! The Necrotic Legion, the legion of the most expendable dwarves, were supposed to be stationed in the furthest flung corners of our domain, as lookouts. Unfortunately, the most valuable dwarves, including myself and all the other initial expedition team, were stationed in the most dangerous spots. Luckily there was no sudden ambush or anything...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2013, 04:01:32 pm »

19th of Timber, 79
Something wicked this way comes, I can feel it in my bones and I can see it on the horizon. All dwarves have been banished behind and below the walls as three squadrons of goblin bowmen and axemen riding giant olms and crocodiles and toads and swallows, with two hideous trolls in tow and the foul General Ngulsu leading them all. And just as the caravan from home came! I don't know whether our sturdy cousins from the mountain homes will be able to make it before fear grips me and I raise the gate.

Vabok at the northeast lookout point take an arrow to the knee and drops unconscious before he could retreat down the stairs. They slay him in an instance. The outpost liason soon follows along with another Necrotic patsy in the lower passages.

23rd of Timber, 79
The caravan guards masterfully see to all the trolls, but are cut down by the cowardly goblin axemen. They merchants with the big caravans are all slaughtered before they could reach the gate, so it was a good job I raised it anyway.
I decide to flood the lower passages to see if I can drown some of the more hapless goblins lurking there.

25th of Timber, 79
One of the caravan guards, Urvad the Bitter Axe (ironically, a speardwarf), is still alive! She is hero. Or at least, she was until she got axed to death like everyone else outside.

1st Moonstone, 79
Curse those idiot dwarves! What's the point in setting warrens if they brazenly ignore them! Go right on ahead Urist McMason and chums, stroll into the whirling vortex of water, blood and goblins. See if I care.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2013, 06:43:47 pm »

2nd Moonstone, 79
I had in fact managed to warren everyone safely inside. It's not my fault some idiots broke their curfews and strolled brazenly outside. I've now locked everyone in so that won't happen again. Shame about the stragglers still out there...
As it stands, we've captured or killed far more of their number than they have of ours, so I'm chalking it up as a win for now. Population is down to 137, but that's still a net increase this year! Um... so long as no one else dies. I think it'll round out to about 135.

17th Moonstone, 79
Okay, 133 and that must be the final. No one is getting out of here. The flooding of the lower goblins is proceeding well...

1st of Opal, 79
An elaborate plan to flood a stairwell full of goblins proved futile: two dwarves died in the attempt and all I managed to do was get a handful of goblins slightly damp.

1st of Obsidian, 79
The winter and the siege drags on and I try just shooting the damn things from on high. Results start to manifest in the form of unconscious crocodiles and a dead giant toad.

8th of Obsidian, 79
A child inexplicably dies of thirst in the dining room, despite the abundance of booze and the plentiful wells. Some
dwarves are too lazy to live apparently.

22nd of Obsidian, 79
With neither a bang nor a whimper, the siege ends. I think the goblins just got bored and wandered off. I think we managed to kill eight trolls and a toad, gave them a few chipped bones, got some goblins very wet (maybe they'll catch a cold on the way home?) and we captured 23 assorted goblins, trolls and mounts. A victory! If not particularly resounding. About twenty dwarves were killed, mostly through their own stupidity.

25th of Obsidian, 79
I decide to let the first lot of dwarves back out of the fort, to pick up some of the goodies left outside. I swear this fort could be entirely sufficient on the droppings of hapless merchants.

27th of Obsidian, 79
One final calamity of the year: instead of raising the drawbridge, it appears I had them pull the lever to flood the lower passages again, the passages now filled with dwarves out collecting...

30th of Obsidian, 79
And so I, I mean we, have survived another year. Well, most of us have survived. I would  like to take a moment to list my achievements as Overseer:

• All 6 surviving expeditioners survived a second year. Latecomer Amish racked up lots of kills and eventually went beserk, which was a fitting end.
  • Kidnapping down: Only one child was taken, due to forbidding all children from going outside.
  • Justice enforced! The Mayor was most pleased when that one woodcrafter was imprisoned for failing to meet a mandate.
  • A quite pleasant dining room: I find it hard to believe we managed this long without a beautifully crafted communal eating space.
  • We didn't succumb to the seige, and only a few people drowned or were elsewise slaughtered in needless attempts to kill goblins.
  • Only a handful of dwarves died from neglect in the hospital.
  • I now have a lovely tomb.
  • Some trading was successfully achieved at least once, with the humans. The elven and dwarven merchants were mostly all killed by goblins.
  • Proper training routines were set up. These need to be reactivated now the siege is over.

I uh, think someone else should be in charge now...

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7291

Advice:
Reactivate the military training regimes or set your own.
Make proper weapons/armour perhaps by melting down some of the metal instruments/daggers/junk lying around.
Collect up all the prisoners and harvest their goblinite, maybe give the army some training practice?
Have fun!

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2013, 08:43:03 pm »

Do you guys mind waiting a few days for me to finish up this other succession game?

If not, just skip me.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2013, 11:11:54 pm »

When did you make the lower tunnels flood-able and how did the goblins get all the way down there?

EDIT: Nvm, I see. They are in fact very shallow tunnels.
EDIT2: Damn, QT. You've made yourself a badass tomb. You've got a spartan lead sarcophagus, a statue of yourself, and a cage for holding the bones of captured slaves. Awesome.  :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:49:28 pm by anthony62490 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2013, 05:00:27 am »

Do you guys mind waiting a few days for me to finish up this other succession game?
Eh, I took long enough. I can wait. Unless Slothman or Anti-Urist are chomping at the bit? (If it's any draw, almost all of you have important administrative positions in the fort.)

When did you make the lower tunnels flood-able and how did the goblins get all the way down there?

EDIT: Nvm, I see. They are in fact very shallow tunnels.
EDIT2: Damn, QT. You've made yourself a badass tomb. You've got a spartan lead sarcophagus, a statue of yourself, and a cage for holding the bones of captured slaves. Awesome.  :D
Yeah by 'lower' I just meant 'not above ground'. Heh, I hope future generations are taking note: if I've popped my clogs in real life, I want a tomb just like this.

Anti-Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2013, 10:51:48 am »

I don't mind waiting, I've got exams in 2 weeks any way.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2013, 03:29:39 pm »

Heh. I like to look at the pictures and stories of all the crazy crap that's going on for you guys, and think "This is my fault."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2013, 03:56:39 pm »

Heh. I like to look at the pictures and stories of all the crazy crap that's going on for you guys, and think "This is my fault."
dont blame yourself, I already fixed most of the problems you caused!
Blame the new and alive overseers instead!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2013, 05:27:42 pm »

Javier, I think CandyTomato was saying that more out of pride :D

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2013, 08:06:29 pm »

Ding ding!

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2013, 09:00:20 pm »

If I get another turn, I will have to renovate my tomb. I simply cannot let someone else have a tomb more awesome than mine.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13