Author Topic: -  (Read 15168 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Demonslaughter - Bloodline game, Again
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2012, 06:09:29 am »

Looking at that picture for some reason reminded me that a large number of people I know use tilesets. For some reason this bothers me.
I prefer regular ASCII, but for pictures I use tileset so people can understand what's going on.
I use regular ASCII as well, but I also use it in pictures because otherwise I can't tell what's going on.
I think it may also be a subconscious thing where I hold people who can't read the ASCII in disdain... no offence intended...

It's not the ASCII graphics that stop me from playing without text packs, it's the fact that the tiles aren't square.
Regardless, I suspect that there are many other things more worthy of being bothered over.
One or two or three or many or many or many or many or... what comes after many?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2012, 12:49:24 pm »

-post deleted-
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:53:27 pm by anthony62490 »

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2012, 12:51:54 pm »

what comes after many?
One
Two
Three
Many
Assortment
Variety
Collection
Multitude
Myriad

Does that help?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2012, 06:49:33 pm »

what comes after many?
One
Two
Three
Many
Assortment
Variety
Collection
Multitude
Myriad

Does that help?
Thanks! I couldn't be bothered Google-ing it, so that's very helpful.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2013, 02:35:40 pm »

8th of Slate, 79
The goblin in the graveyard was killed: we left the doors open, luring him out into the stone traps. When one too many phylite rocks to the head knocked him unconscious, the military went in and beat him to death with their bare hands. In other news, the military should probably be better equipped.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

4th of Felsite, 79
The days are passing. I've started building my own tomb. Some days it looks like my sombre mood will shift. Other days I sleep on the cavern floor next to my bed. A dwarf went mad today, he runs the halls babbling. Will this be my fate? I've set aside a tomb for poor Ezum. We didn't need suturers anyway.

19th of Felsite, 79
An ambush! Ingush, the militia captain spots them and fends them off (with his life). Only a few for now but who knows how many more might be lurking? Best retreat!

21st of Felsite, 79
I manage to get everyone else safely inside, and all I can see out there is a lone goblin thief, stunned by a stone trap. I decide to send the military in to smite them. When they run across a pair of necromancers. One a Ranger-Necromancer, which seems to be a flexible and viable cross-class combination. The other was a Cheesemaker-Necromancer.

And if the goblin ambushers and human necromancers and zombies and zombie hands weren't enough, appearing amidst the survivors of an ill-fated elf caravan...

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 03:04:42 pm by notquitethere »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »

Better equipped? Bollocks! A true warrior needs no weapon.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2013, 10:18:14 pm »

Did you know "true warriors" have a higher mortality rate than regular warriors, you know the ones with actual weapons?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 01:28:05 am by Kalemyr Skyfire »
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2013, 03:55:25 am »

Did you know "true warriors" have a higher mortality rate than regular warriors, you know the ones with actual weapons?
Did you know that "regular warriors" have a higher mortality rate than proper soldiers, you know, the ones with actual armour?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2013, 04:15:23 pm »

Did you know that "regular warriors" have a higher mortality rate than proper soldiers, you know, the ones with actual armour?
Did you know that "wrestlers" can break peoples arms and fight the enemy using their own weapons?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2013, 04:29:26 pm »

Did you know that "wrestlers" can break peoples arms and fight the enemy using their own weapons?
did you know that in fortress mode, all wrestlers do is grab,kick, and punch

Instead of breaking limbs and joints

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2013, 04:50:49 pm »

Ugh, that sucks.
Better weapons it is, then!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2013, 10:59:09 pm »

Ugh, that sucks.
And armour. Remember the armour.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2013, 12:31:30 am »

Ugh, that sucks.
And armour. Remember the armour.
too bad even adamantinevis useless from the hordes of goblin lashers and bowman

Piercing the unbreakable metal......

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2013, 04:23:46 pm »

(Sorry for the delay chaps and chapettes, I'm intending to finish up tonight.)

23rd of Felsite, 79
Well that went better than expected. The goblins killed the weregecko, and the remaining zombies collapsed after we killed the necromancers, and a single elf merchant managed to escape with her life. We're still practically besieged, but I have a plan for that...

1st of Hematite, 79
So you will all be pleased to know that I, I mean, we, made it to Summer! Only a few dwarves lie their bodies broken and twitching and possibly wondering around outside our walls amongst the annual goblins. But we're alive!

25th of Hematite, 79
Uh oh. My plan to kill the zombies and goblins didn't work quite how I hoped. I set up a tunnel out of the fort filled with traps, to lure them in. Unfortunately, half the dwarves in the fortress decided that they desperately wanted a stroll among the undead. I managed to stop most of them in their tracks, but there were losses. Still! No one important. One lucky bugger even managed to stroll out, take a look at the undead hoardes and stroll back down again.

11th of Malachite, 79
Eventually all was well. After a comedy chase around the whole outside of the fort, a fisherdwarf was rescued by the military. The walking corpses were all caged or bashed with bismuth crossbows and whatnot. Now we can begin picking up the pieces. Oh! And in better news, I've had a lot of nice drink and am no longer miserable :D :D :D

15th of Malachite, 79
Amish keeps throwing parties. I didn't think they did that sort of thing?

21st of Malachite, 79
Migrants! Somehow, one of the zombies was still hanging around the woods. Uh...

10th of Galena, 79
Work continues to go well on the system of look-out spots dotted around the fortress. This should help prevent excess ambushes.

17th of Galena, 79
Antiurist, that brave miner, picks a fight with goblin thief. The copper pick wins.

18th of Galena, 79
Goblins strike just as a human caravan arrives. We just need some necromancers, living corpses and a weregecko and it'll be just like last season

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2013, 04:50:25 pm »

20th Galena, 79
Visual Battle Report 1:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13