What is the point of this poll?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: -  (Read 15202 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demonslaughter - Bloodline game, Again
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2012, 12:23:48 pm »

Half a gb, what is that? A Windows97 work computer?

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2012, 01:31:11 pm »

Yes Javier, sorry about that. I tried to save him, but he simply would not obey my burrow assignment. If it makes you feel any better, he survived for several months in enemy territory. I could have probably written a thrilling and tragic survival story about living behind enemy lines.
Honestly, I thought about using the second level, but I was so preoccupied with the invaders on the inside, I had no men to spare. Like I said, I neglected to keep the d0rfs properly equipped, so I ended up paying for it.

Well, jerk or not, Candy probably made the right decision. My d0rf was a nervous wreck after the undead incident. He shouldn't be handling a needle.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2012, 02:00:03 pm »

Maybe Anthony should have an "accident" arranged for him?

Jk, why not draft Javier for half a second, and give a station order? He would've obeyed

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2012, 04:49:03 pm »

Jk, why not draft Javier for half a second, and give a station order? He would've obeyed
I promise you, I tried every trick I know to get Javier inside. If you look at the map, you'll see that all of the embark team are in their own squad.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2012, 08:43:49 pm »

Let's all bow our heads in silence for Javier...

Alright, that's enough. Since I feel like sharing, I'll say that I tried Minecraft on the new computer, and it runs great. And now it doesn't take 2 minutes to load a fortress in DF, which is nice.
Half a gb, what is that? A Windows97 work computer?
Not 97, Windows XP. It was a ten-year-old HP pavilion. The new one is a Pavilion, too, but it's the brand new version. And it's shiny.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2012, 01:32:55 am »

Well, as long as it's shiny, that's what counts. :D

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2012, 08:54:55 pm »

[Short post to kick off with, will play after sleep as it's 1.36 AM my time]

"Gather round ye migrants! And ye children too. I have announcement. 'Tis Granite 1st, 79 and with 20 friends and lovers I am surely the most popular of dwarves. (It must be my abundant modesty.) So I am now overseering, the Mayor be damned.

"When we seven of the Flimsy Floor set forth from the Mountainhomes of the Syrup of Harmonising, we talked of setting up a place we could really call home. Some of the other dwarves in our party have indelibly stamped their mark on Demonslaughter, and now it is my turn. Will I be forthright like Candytomato? Or productive like the late Javier,  the Gold of Avalanches have mercy on his beard? Will I weather the inevitable siege like Anthony the jeweller? Time will tell.

"My first order of business is to proclaim myself manager. Some might doubt my expertise in this matter, but I refer you to my resume on this point, the necessary section is highlighted:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"And now to open the gates..."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2012, 09:08:30 pm »

Awww, he lost a friend recently :P
He also made a friend, oh noes

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2012, 09:27:43 pm »

Poor Feylers...
Turns out Feylers worships Bokbon, the God of storms, lightning, rain, plants, and animals.
Feylers also revels in chaos, and disorder...

Edit :
Don't forget that there is a goblin locked in the graveyard. Deal with him carefully. He's a tough little bastard.
My response.
To be fair, anthony did help... by being a meatshield who died within 10 seconds after the fight started...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:47:56 pm by Kalemyr Skyfire »
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2012, 12:54:13 am »

Odd, he was quite resilient when I went after him...

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2012, 01:42:34 am »

It only takes 1 bone shattering, then everything goes downhill from there

It also doesnt help skulls are made from paper mache

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2012, 06:34:38 pm »

16th of Granite, 79

A couple of babies have turned up dead, dehydrated. Was a previous overseer to blame? Or was it something I overlooked? Can't bury them in the proper graveyard what with the goblin living there. Children should be safe, so I've banned them from going above surface or to the deeper depths of the fort.

18th of Granite, 79
Given how important traps are to our fort, and given the need for traction benches, I've made the most useless twenty or so dwarves mechanics. How hard could resetting a stone trap be?

20th of Granite, 79
Decided to deal with the goblin in the graveyard. With stone traps! Will see how this works out once they're all built.

27th of Granite, 79
Migrants! Oh so many migrants! About twenty or thirty, I lost count. Population stands at around 138.  A lot of them seem to be fishery workers. Perhaps they've heard something about the waters around Demonslaughter? They all seem to be competent at arms, so perhaps now's the time to start military training in earnest. I have a yak slaughtered in celebration.

28th of Granite, 79
Javier's death still weighs heavy on me. I flipped out earlier over the slightest of things. Could I be going mad? I've decided to meditate on the matter down in the tombs. I have the new migrants haul 26 pots of wine down there as well in case I get thirsty.

3rd of Slate, 79
I decide to assign beds and finish off the rooms, prioritising couples then singletons, over peasants and children. I'm not sure why everything has to be so damned spread out in this fort. Wouldn't it have been easier to cram everyone into a single room and share use of chests and cabinets? Ah well, at least my legs will get some exercise when I finish my meditations.

4th of Slate, 79
I decide to get some of my friends to hang out with me in the tombs. Five should do it. I install a table and chair, and a statue. Just in case.

7th of Slate, 79
The mayor seems pretty unhappy too. He was a firm ally of Javier so I invite him down to gaze upon the tomb as it is nearly completed. He objects that he was in fact upset about a missed work order and he barely knew Javier but I know that's just the grief talking.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2012, 08:54:56 pm »

Looking at that picture for some reason reminded me that a large number of people I know use tilesets. For some reason this bothers me.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2012, 10:39:21 pm »

Looking at that picture for some reason reminded me that a large number of people I know use tilesets. For some reason this bothers me.
I prefer regular ASCII, but for pictures I use tileset so people can understand what's going on.
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2012, 03:50:12 am »

It's not the ASCII graphics that stop me from playing without text packs, it's the fact that the tiles aren't square.
Regardless, I suspect that there are many other things more worthy of being bothered over.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:52:49 am by anthony62490 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13