Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Soo my plant won't stand. . .  (Read 1684 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Soo my plant won't stand. . .
« on: December 06, 2012, 07:52:38 pm »

I made this plant creature thing on a whim.  I got it up and error-free, with a few pieces of help, but there are a few things it just won't do.

-It won't stand up  >:( . Why?  I put stance and all and everything at one point or another.
-It won't attack.  There is nothing in the errorlog suggesting it can't bite or whip (although it is supposed to be [immobile], to think of it. . .
-It may be to thickskinned.  I put it in the arena with a croc and a collossus and 5 minutes later I got bored.

I can increase its speed to quicken its attacking, but I'd rather do it the legit way.  While I'm here, is it possible to make it breed even if immobile?  Or make it immobile but not stupid?  I tried immobile on land, but the wiki was right. . .

I suppose I'll polish him after I fix his functions.  No point looking good if your pieces are broken (unless you're military :P )
Anywho, here he is, if you'll have a look:

It uses the following I made for it.  Most of it is just ripped off for my own experience:
Spoiler: Body Default (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tissue templates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Body Detail (click to show/hide)

While I am glad to share that large lump of information, there are no errors.  That means the only relavent information is the body parts and creature raws.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:05:59 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Soo my plant won't stand. . .
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:14:49 pm »

It needs [NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT].
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »

Awesome.  Worked like an instant charm.  Can you get me the  90minutes back I spent trying to kijigger him before asking, please?  :P

New question.  He stands and fights, and isn't overpowered if you prepare (although he bleeds like a stuck pig).  However when he gets his 'foot' (root cluster) chopped off, it mentions foot.

'The iorn axeman chops the dionaea in the left foot, and the severed part flys off in an arc!'

or this pic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How do I rid the 'lower leg' (which I didn't even realize it had, and thus must find and purge) and the similar foot message?

Also, I just saw an untrained iron axeman own it. . . its 6 times more massive than human now.

And he has a 2part_body. . .

For reference, I got tired of hearing about how it died because it lost its head (?) so I just made a plant mouth that attached to the upperbody.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:43:17 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 09:05:12 pm »

New question.  He stands and fights, and isn't overpowered if you prepare (although he bleeds like a stuck pig).  However when he gets his 'foot' (root cluster) chopped off, it mentions foot.

'The iorn axeman chops the dionaea in the left foot, and the severed part flys off in an arc!'
You still have BASIC_3PARTLEGS in the body tokens. This means that it actually has 2 upper/lower legs and feet, as well as his root clusters. Take that out of your body tokens and all of the foot/leg messages should go away.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 12:41:26 am »

You still have BASIC_3PARTLEGS in the body tokens. This means that it actually has 2 upper/lower legs and feet, as well as his root clusters. Take that out of your body tokens and all of the foot/leg messages should go away.

You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 12:56:22 pm »

Oh god I wish I could make that my background but that would look too stupid.

Robosaur you deserve a pat on the back and a cookie.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 06:52:37 pm »

I require neither.
*vanishes into the night*

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 07:38:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 08:01:39 pm »

that is. . . that made me soo happy!
PKs DF Mod!

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 01:57:11 am »

that is. . . that made me soo happy!

I FINALLY GOT A COOL NON DEFAULT DESKTOP PICTURE TIME TO GO BRAG ABOUT IT ON A FORUM POST AND SAY IT'S MINE ROBOSAURS.
Anyway.Thanks a lot Robo that is going to be my desktop for probably a long time.

PS:Have you guys seen the topic with share your desktops?This is going there 95%
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=7e14ab87b15cc3dcd575c8d00a92e1bc&topic=41286.0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:01:43 am by TheZoomZoll »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 09:36:44 pm »

Here is the final, bar (more) testing.  Thanks to you al here and Putnam for help.

Spoiler: Creature raw (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: body default (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: body detail (click to show/hide)

With your permission, Robosaur, I'd include the pictures in the little DFFD package.

Found here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7214
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:04:09 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 09:56:56 pm »

Here is the final, bar (more) testing.  Thanks to you al here and Putnam for help.

??? I haven't even posted in this particular topic, just lurked around and watched as people replied before I could :P

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 10:04:41 pm »

??? I haven't even posted in this particular topic, just lurked around and watched as people replied before I could :P
I like how everyone assumes that you've helped them, even when you haven't said anything.  I'm fairly certain some people are starting to offer burnt sacrifices to you when they're trying to mod.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 10:06:09 pm »

But you did help on the mod questions thread! :)
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 10:27:26 pm »

Ah, there you have me.

(I actually had to look through this topic to see if I helped in it--true story!)
Pages: [1] 2