Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What are interesting historical figures in your worlds?  (Read 1477 times)

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
What are interesting historical figures in your worlds?
« on: December 06, 2012, 02:23:35 pm »

Mine would have to be Ririli Umberbeloved the Guts of Wonder, a demon that is a red lizard man cyclops with a humanoid shape - Although, according to Legends mode he hardly acts like a demon. He became lawgiver of a human confederation after convincing them that he was the God Aba, led them to many victories against elfs and goblins, likes to go on retreats into forests and befriend woodland animals, and authored at least a third of the artifact books. His spheres are Deformity and Art.

Basically he has acted completely civilized and has been a huge boon to the civilization he embedded himself into.

What about you guys? Any historical figures stand out?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: What are interesting historical figures in your worlds?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:53:15 pm »

I can't think of any right now, but welcome to the forums!

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »

So many new people.....

Say, do you... oh I dunno.... have any skills that could help with a potential Marsian colonization? If yes, contact me and your death will be swift when we take over the world. If no, figure it out.

Also, welcome :p. I always greet new people like this.

WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 03:58:49 pm »

I have a goblin so drunk that "Drunk" is her profession, and the dwarves made her their queen, kept her for four centuries.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 04:10:55 pm »

I have a goblin so drunk that "Drunk" is her profession, and the dwarves made her their queen, kept her for four centuries.

Thats awesome. How did she die?

Also thanks for the welcomes.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 06:25:44 pm »

Thats awesome. How did she die?

Also thanks for the welcomes.

She didn't die, she's still Queen.  I'm trying to build my fortress up enough to attract her.  Naturally her bedroom, dining room, office and tomb will each have their own large booze stockpiles.

Spoiler: Note the current year (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:37:26 pm by weenog »
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 12:26:55 am »

Naturaly, the dwarven king originaly brought her into his hall for a contest: if she could outdrink his men, she could leave alive.

And so she did. Every one of his stoutest warriors did what they where told and could not meet the scrawny goblin-girls thirst for ale. The King, flabbergasted, finaly had two horns full of the hardest cider in the dwarven halls.

They where Giant Moose horns, for those wondering why this was a big deal.

And so, the wise king began to drink, as did the goblin maid. And they drank. The local doctor was contacted a half-hour in, as well as the local strongdwarf, veteren of the mines, incase the goblin bursts or the king drops the horn on himself, respectivly.. They continued to drink. The crowd was quitely alerting the closest next-of-kin for the king by this time, and the hammerdwarf had already executed the royal ale-bearer for murder.

Finaly, the king stopped drinking and let out a great gasp for air. After recovering, he quietly taps the goblin-made on the shoulder.

When she puts in down in confusion, he picks her up and begins to kiss her madly. The castle erupted into cheers, for they had found a sutible queen of the dwarves.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:29:08 am by Pokon »
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 05:22:21 pm »

Partly related; my most recent world-gen has some great gods and demons.

Both human civs are run by demons. One of them has 307 kills, all elves. :D

The dwarves have the following three animal gods:
>> A Coyote (Xum Fragrancesaffron, Lord of Dance!)
>> A wombat (Uzol Squashclaws, Fortresses, Wars, Chaos)
>> And a Cave Crocodile (Alron the Gorge of Oils, Mountains, Caverns).

That said, the funniest by far in that world (Airoter) is the fact that the humans worship 'Loli', goddess of beauty, jewels, fire, and metals; and AC, the dog of revenge. No wonder a demon's in charge, gotta respect his gall for making every human worship underage girls and abstract D&D concepts. :o

"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 03:32:56 am »

I would also ask what world params you guys do to make the most interesting history

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 03:50:08 am »

Generally a long history, lots of megabeasts, civilizations, and secrets and the like, to get conflict going.

Welcome to Bay12, by the way! Hope you like it here.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 08:14:07 am »

What about you guys? Any historical figures stand out?
Not so much anyone in particular... But an entire Dwarven civilization. The Axe of Covers; their history is literally one of all of their Dwarves reaching the age of 50-70, grabbing a crossbow and moving to either a terrifying-tundra/desert or the wilderness of the Killer Steppes of Euphoria. Most of them kill a few giants or animals before being torn to pieces by undead dragons and swamp Titans, but every now and then I see a Dwarf in adventure mode or some Elite Dwarf lord shows up in my Forts covered head to toe in ivory and masterwork bronze, like some forgotten Ancient Greek deity.