Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Superheroes Business (Suggestion Game)  (Read 4013 times)

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Superheroes Business (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 09:01:18 am »

Run a recruitment campaign.
Suggest to the President that this massive resource be tapped, to create a new military organization or something. In exchange for access to anything that s/he or Congress approves, we will offer a proof-of-concept by offing Epsilon. This leaves the president with the glory of both stopping a mass-murdering megalomaniac man AND starting a successful new organization which would probably put the Avengers to shame.

You call the President, but it seems he has no interest in the project. Everything you get is a "I'll think of it". While it is truth that he only allowed you to start the project because of Eridani's attack, you thought he would be a bit more interested.

However, after some hours you receive a message from the vice-president, Ken Clarke:
"Good morning. I am sorry to say the President cannot understand the importance of your project. He is a bit against metahumans because of personal reasons. However I do understand how important this project is. While we don't have the resources for the recruitment campaing you suggested right now, I would be able to convince the President of giving you more resources, eventually even starting the campaing, if you could show him how useful our own teams of metahumans can be. Investigate the metahuman activity we have, aid those affected by natural disasters or anything like that. That should give the project some renown, which will help when you have to deal with the President. Good luck, I have all my hopes on you."

Your scientific staff starts working in thermal cloaking systems. The results will have to wait, but it may be possible to have one smaller device on Bruce's suit.

Meanwhile Sergeant Díaz starts the formal training of the team. Bruce knows how to defend himself with his suit, and Cassandra seems to be a good student in her first lessons (taking cover and firing a pistol), being able to use her powers to cover herself better. Brynnhild is fascinated by modern day tactics, but she stills sees modern firearms as "little more than toys".
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 09:19:59 am »

Does Brynnhild have her own past weapons or do we have to make/get some for her?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 09:32:14 am »

She doesn't. However, before giving her a weapon, you should know how strong she is. A normal weapon would be broken on the first blow.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 09:59:32 am »

well then test Brynnhild strength and send 1 bell UH-1 Transport Helicopter carrying 14 elite trained soldiers armed with M16A2 assault rifles (and a pilot) to each metahuman activity spot (San Francisco, LA and New York) to investigate them (only investigate if fighting happen pull back)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 02:25:11 pm »

The test is fast. Walker offers himself as a test subject. He will be using the Obliterator suit. One punch and Walker is at the other end of the big testing room, a bit confused, although he has only some bruises. It is obvious normal weapons won't be of any use, however the same alloy used in the Obliterator could be used. But if you had Strenium it would be even better, but as far as you know, you need very special conditions to forge Strenium into weapons (the only ones you know of are two shields, and they were forged in a space station). You have also heard of Optimum and Zynex, two metals that the Europeans are testing and could be even above Strenium quality, or at least near it.

Meanwhile, the three teams depart. As they get to the different places you start getting messages.

"Sir, this is New York Task Force. There are metahumans here. They are in the Madison Square Garden. Descriptions by the local forces are not very accurate, but there seems to be several lizardlike mutants and a young woman fighting them, a local superhero called Harlequeen. The metahumans are all inside and the police has established a security perimeter."

"Sir this LA Task Force. There has been an attack on a small antique shop. The attacker took a mask and destroyed the shop. He is now on the move, teleporting randomly through the city. He seems to have little control over his powers."

"Sir, this San Francisco Task Force. There has been some fighting between two metahumans. Witnesses say the looked like if they had come out from an old Chinese kung fu movie, but with broken doors and 3 meter high jumps. We don't know where they are now, or if they are still fighting."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:14:00 pm by Rhyme »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 05:05:59 pm »

Help Harlequeen then try to recruit her, Capture the Guy in LA, and try to stop the fighting in San Francisco just long enough to get them to calm down.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 05:37:44 pm »

Ask Brynnhild what sort of weapon she would like.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 10:42:52 pm »

Work on getting some thermal shielding and radar deflection tech on the oblitiator.
try to be as inconspicious as we can about the lethality of our
actions.
Raggle Fraggle

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 04:44:18 am »

Guys, you may want to make a plan. The guy in LA is teleporting all over the city, and it is going to be impossible to get him only with the helicopter and 14 soldiers. The lizard mutants attack in New York may also require a bit more than just some soldiers (and it would give your team a good image). And you don't know where the two ones in San Francisco are right now.

Of course you can try to do it with just the soldiers you sent, but some of them may end dead.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 04:54:38 am »

Pull back the one in LA and San Franisco both are too low level threats and too little reward to deal with right now. Send the Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion Transport Helicopter with 30 soldiers armed with 10 M650 sniper rifles and 20 M4A1 assault carbines and Bruce Walker with Obliterator. Ask Brynnhild what sort of weapon she would like. Attack plan when we get there

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 04:48:39 pm »

Ask Bryynhild if she'd like to head to New York to help out there.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 11:38:52 am »

Brynnhild comments that she is experiencied with both spears and swords, and she can use any of the two with equal mastery. She also accepts to go to New York.

When your team (forty four soldiers, Walker and Brynnhild) finally meets, the things are tense. People are taking photos and there have been two attempts by the mutants to get out of the building. No one in your team has got hurt, but you doubt you can keep this hidden for long.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 11:53:54 am »

Brynnhild comments that she is experiencied with both spears and swords, and she can use any of the two with equal mastery. She also accepts to go to New York.

When your team (forty four soldiers, Walker and Brynnhild) finally meets, the things are tense. People are taking photos and there have been two attempts by the mutants to get out of the building. No one in your team has got hurt, but you doubt you can keep this hidden for long.
Do we want too? There's no such thing as bad press, after all.

Also, we should up that suits thermal resistance. At this point prolonged low athmospheric flight at near max speed can probably crash it, as well as high altitude flight.

I propose we get in contact with the police, then arrest them using overpowering force.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 05:46:48 pm »

Send in the heroes to do the actual "arresting" part.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 09:36:38 pm »

Send in the heroes to do the actual "arresting" part.
Or atleast detain, Not sure about what powers we have.
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 [2] 3