Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Superheroes Business (Suggestion Game)  (Read 4010 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Superheroes Business (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »

Send in the heroes to do the actual "arresting" part.
Or atleast detain, Not sure about what powers we have.
Whatever, get their faces on-camera.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »

Make sure they are seen, but keep their faces of the camera. Mysterious force doing good is better than being accountable to the public.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 04:52:13 pm »

Okay, but keep them recognizable...not hard for a guy in a mechasuit and a Valkyrie...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2012, 10:30:47 am »

Your men finally enter the stadium. Brynnhild and Walker go first, and you make sure they enter while the cameras are looking. The soldiers go behind them to make sure none of those lizardmen gets out.

You are watching everything thanks to Walker's camera on the Obliterator. The building is dark in the inside, but you are able to hear movement. As Walker and Brynnhild turn a corner you are able to see something. They notice too. A woman dressed as some kind of circus acrobat is jumping and throwing knives, dodging a large group of those lizardmen. She seems able to teleport for short distances, something that she uses in her advantage during the fight. There's no doubt. She is Harlequeen. The lizardmen notice Brynnhild, and a dozen of them try to get her. She is pushed through a wall, but you see some of the lizardmen being thrown back at the hole. It doesn't seem like a problem for her, but Walker is in a bit of trouble.

The lizardmen are far more agile than Walker, and it seems they might be strong enough to damage the suit. He is holding them back with the machine gun, but things are not looking well.

(I've been thinking about giving more specific information about your character. Do you prefer him/her being just the one giving orders or do you want him/her as a more developed character, giving him/her a bio and such?)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2012, 07:23:21 pm »

Have Walker and some of the soldiers cooperate in pushing some of these Lizards back, Brynnchild keep doing what she's doing. I'm fine with the director remaining faceless.
Raggle Fraggle

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 07:26:56 pm »

Have snipers set up and start to pick off lizards, and same as the above.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 03:32:53 pm »

The snipers start doing their job. The Lizardmen are being repelled. Harlequeen disappeared as soon as the snipers started firing, and Brynnhild has come back from the hole, with blood all over her but without a single scratch.
"I have found the reason the lizardmen are here." Brynnhild's voice sounds calm as she finishes the last of the lizardmen. "Follow me Walker."

When Walker and Brynnhild finally stop you have something really interesting before you. Eggs. Each one the size of a kid. There are a dozen of them. "Sir, the lizardmen must have invaded the place looking for a hot place for their eggs." Walker is obviously excited, his voice reminds you of a kid opening his presents in Christmas. "What should we do with them?"
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 04:34:52 pm »

Take the eggs. Raise the young like their parents would have. Or, at least, like we would if they were our own children. Halfway between the two.
Sig

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 07:45:08 pm »

Take the eggs. Raise the young like their parents would have. Or, at least, like we would if they were our own children. Halfway between the two.
+1!
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 05:13:53 am »

You order Walker to take the eggs. When the team goes out, they are seen by some people, but you aren't sure if people will take them seriously.

As the team arrives, you receive bad news. Only two of the eggs are still alive. It seems the lizardmen couldn't get to the stadium in time to save all of them. If that wasn't enough, you have a message from the President.
What were you thinking? Everyone has seen your team in New York! I hope you know what you are doing. Anyway, we need you. LA's situation is now worse. The metahuman has attacked a secret Army base. I don't care if you think it is too much trouble. You are going to take care of him. We CAN'T lose that base. If we do, consider your project finished.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2012, 09:25:46 am »

Um, obviously go to LA.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3]