Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: A Public Apology  (Read 17570 times)

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
Re: A Public Apology
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2012, 12:47:44 pm »

So uhm.Why did a topic about shipping postcards and mail get Toady-d....oh wait....hmm.....Oh that kind of shipping?...........

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2012, 12:49:16 pm »

yes. Why is that not clear? Toady has something against the forbidden love of Small package and medium package..
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2012, 01:35:24 pm »

I'm surprised that something this large can be stuffed into such a small space without breaking anything.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2012, 02:52:35 pm »

Seriously, those of you who keep on posting the images of industrial shipping, can you just stop?

I mean okay I get the pun or whatever, but really.. Im finding it annoying now, because this is actually quite a serious issue. Its just annoying to see things like these in a thread where serious discussion is taking place. It just feels like some people don't care about these issues.

And honestly? We just shouldn't have any kind of shipping stuff on the forum at all, because we simply can't handle it. The fact of the shipping thread closing, while causing drama is a pretty clear sign of that. Plus all of the other events in the past, and all.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2012, 02:57:58 pm »

When the blazes did toonyman change nam... wait. Different person. I am now violently confused!

Right, anyway. Maybe if folks are wanting to continue to pursue things, have it go the way of the pony? Make another forum, take it over there, leave it over there. Obviously there's a degree of interest in the creative aspect of it, but that aspect has a habit of running into forum guidelines full tilt. Easy solution is to take it elsewhere, where the ToS on that particular aspect is looser.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2012, 02:58:29 pm »

At first i though that this thread was about guy apologising because he soid too much stuff and couldn't ship it and so he banned himself into exile.
WTF...
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2012, 04:24:54 pm »

Just wanna say it's not okay to act like a creep until someone tells you to stop.  Silence isn't consent.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2012, 04:32:05 pm »

Seriously, those of you who keep on posting the images of industrial shipping, can you just stop?

I mean okay I get the pun or whatever, but really.. Im finding it annoying now, because this is actually quite a serious issue. Its just annoying to see things like these in a thread where serious discussion is taking place. It just feels like some people don't care about these issues.

And honestly? We just shouldn't have any kind of shipping stuff on the forum at all, because we simply can't handle it. The fact of the shipping thread closing, while causing drama is a pretty clear sign of that. Plus all of the other events in the past, and all.

I've seen perhaps ten posts in this thread that could be called "serious discussion". Unless you're counting melodrama and the traditional whining about "everything went wrong because of X". Incidentally, who is this 'we' you're referring to? Things like this tend to end up in drama because a single person or small handful of people ignore common sense/restraint and do something foolish, and then another small handful of people (more often than not the same ones every time) instantly jump in to grandstand about how they knew all along that it was a bad idea and that it should never have been done, etc.

In other words, most of the drama and whining originates from what is decidedly a minority. Granted, this wasn't the best of ideas, but it seems rather foolish to treat it as some sort of vast, sweeping problem with the community. Perhaps it's more difficult to acknowledge that people occasionally take things too far when one is used to thinking of their community as being superior to others? This is in no sense a massively serious issue that requires total seriousness and deep contemplation. Someone screwed up, and several other someones took the chance to gloat and act superior. News flash: That's how life works. It's not surprising, it's not notable, and the less time spent concentrating on it the better.

Was it creepy for someone to write about people without explicit consent? Yes. Is it noteworthy enough for anything beyond the following?

1: "Hey, that was pretty creepy. Don't do it again."

2: "Yeah, sorry about that. It was a bad idea."

1: "Oh, and everyone else: don't do it either."

All: "Agreed."

Hardly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2012, 04:53:58 pm »

"It just feels like some people don't care about these issues."

This is not an issue, just a seriously funky and oddly hilarious thing to someone not involved. The pictures of shipping is to drive the point that this discussion is useless and circular, what could have been considered 'content' to this topic has been had previous.

Any further complaining should be brought to the IRC so I don't have to see it. The forum honestly does not require any more manufactured dramatics.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2012, 04:58:45 pm »

You know, technically the boat container pics could be argued to be more on topic than your comment is, though your post is certainly... illustrative of the problems the previous thread had. Most people "got it" right away, which is pretty obvious by the fact that only one "creepy" story got written out of a dozen submissions and 9 pages of posts. But there's always a few that will treat a joke as a "serious issue", I guess.

This is not an issue, just a seriously funky and oddly hilarious thing to someone not involved.
It was little more than an oddly hilarious thing to most of the people involved in as well. :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2012, 06:07:38 pm »

Yeah, compared to all the messed up people/posts on this forum, I'm going to say this wasn't particularly bad.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2012, 06:09:42 pm »

What do you mean by RP threads? There have been plenty of RP threads made in Forum Games and Roleplaying that have run their course without being locked. If there were RP threads made in General Discussion that were locked, that only makes sense since they were made in the wrong section.

bay12 RPs = RPs about the forum, the community, and/or it's members.
Yes, and there have been at least three of those that I am aware of: after someone predicted the end of the world back in 2011 there was an apocalypse RP where we roleplayed ourselves responding to various apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic scenarios happening all at once. Now there were a lot people powergaming and making themselves wizards and spamming so much that normal people couldn't get a word in, but it didn't end in a lock.

Then there was Keeping up with Bay 12, which was about Bay12ers living in an apartment complex somewhere. I didn't ever participate because very soon it was overcome with the same stupidity that ruined the apocalypse RP, but it didn't end in a lock and it even got a reboot later on for some reason.

And before those I think Maximum Zero or someone else started up a where people played themselves on a desert island. It didn't get locked and it didn't devolve into a godmoding-fest because people were statted-out and therefore had something to tell them that they couldn't just be all powerful wizards and avoided the problems of the other two (though I think it didn't last long because some people stopped posting, which is what happens with forum games).

So I don't really know what you mean by bay 12 rp threads were all closed.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2012, 08:00:13 pm »

Yeah, compared to all the messed up people/posts on this forum, I'm going to say this wasn't particularly bad.

I'm not aware of any such things. Such a statement worries me. :/

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »

[While I do not spend much time beyond gen disc. and other games I honestly think Freeform is just freaking out over nothing. No one here, that I have seen, has really acted that creepy. I think he might just be a bit more prudish than some other people. No offense though Freeform, your still pretty cool.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2012, 08:48:37 am »

Everything in the upper boards :D :D :D
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13