Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: A Public Apology  (Read 17566 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: A Public Apology
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2012, 07:17:58 am »

I think the intended point of the thread was that it would be unsure that anyone even was shipped, in containers or fictional constructs. O_o For all we know, it could all have been empty talk, except someone posted something, apparently.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2012, 07:57:06 am »

Is it really that bad that people need to leave? 
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2012, 07:58:12 am »

Is it really that bad that people need to leave?

No, it's not, dramatic people just need to make a big show when they arbitrarily leave the forum.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2012, 08:03:36 am »

There was a shipping thread?
I just hope I wasn't a part of it.. <_<

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2012, 08:46:43 am »

There was a shipping thread? One that I would have been squicked out about?

Oh dear...somebody PM me the wonderfully gory details.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2012, 09:12:23 am »

*Theatrical sigh*

I can't leave you people alone for a moment!
Also, don't leave, guys! D: I didn't see/hear/read whatever terrible things you wrote, so no hard bad feelings here, 'kay?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2012, 09:52:19 am »

Okay, its been a night and now I'm feeling less stupid. I would like to adress all the people going "Ewww shipping is soooo creepy it should NEVER be done hurff durff The reason this thread has to exist at alll was because of shipping WTHOUT consent. There is no reason to call someone a creeper and report them if they just ask first. Also I would like you to get off your moral high horses. Like you guys have NEVER done anything weird or creepy down here. So yeah, just getting that out of the way.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2012, 09:55:55 am »

An announcement: I feel I've really, really damaged the trust the community had in me (if it had any- it's kind of hard to tell with something so nebulous), and also pissed off a number of people whom I respect and like. I was a creepy, thoughtless, heartless bastard.

As a result, I am, starting now, taking a hiatus from bay12, as penance, if you will; really I think I just need to take a break from the community for a good while. I doubt some of the wounds I've inflicted will ever really fully heal, which is just as well, considering how deep they were. It may be for a month, it may be until the release is out, it may be a year, it could be permanent. I may see you all around, or I may not.
Hmph. I did that first.

Anyway, Since dhokarena decided to jump the gun, I might as well say it. I'm muting myself. Since I was the worse person here, I should do it.

For fuck's sake, guys. You wrote/spread some bad ship-fic on the internet, it's not a damn war crime. Just say you're sorry and you've learned your lesson; there's no need for you to exile yourselves because of it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2012, 09:58:33 am »

Protocol I, Article 35 of the Geneva Conventions explicitly states it as a war crime.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2012, 09:59:51 am »

Are you sure you weren't things of exploding shipping containers, darvi?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2012, 10:01:08 am »

Shipping disaster ... someone had to walk the plank.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2012, 10:03:18 am »

Protocol I, Article 35 of the Geneva Conventions explicitly states it as a war crime.
  • Article 35 bans weapons that "cause superfluous injury or unnecessary suffering," as well as means of warfare that "cause widespread, long-term, and severe damage to the natural environment."[/l][/l]
One could make the argument...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2012, 10:20:34 am »

freeformschooler's post seems like a pretty good set of guidelines, other than that it would probably be better to just stop getting so over-dramatic over everything.  I mean jeez it's like Janet's threatening to leave again or something.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2012, 10:40:14 am »

I think the intended point of the thread was that it would be unsure that anyone even was shipped, in containers or fictional constructs. O_o For all we know, it could all have been empty talk, except someone posted something, apparently.
This, pretty much. What I took away was that it was supposed to be entirely hypothetical; that was the point of it, that nobody could ever prove that anything had or had not been written.

But now melodrama.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2012, 01:14:33 pm »

Ahh, fine. I'm returned. It was indeed probably a little overly dramatic to make a grand exit as I did.

In terms of what this means for the community...well, I actually agree with MSH and FFS, if a bit more toned down. I think this was sort of the big indicator that we tolerate a bit too much sketchiness and creepiness as a community, at least in the lower forums, and that it's time to dial it back. I'm as much an offender as anyone else, really- indeed, I'd say that it's a sin of many a valued forumite!

If anything, I think we need to petition Toady for clearer rules as to what don't be creepy means, and then ask him to enforce them. I think part of the problem was that Toady let us slide a bit on breaking the rules on sketchiness, so we started to act more and more like it wasn't there. (Was me PMing a highly disturbing slashfic of forumites to GlyphGryph within the letter of the law? It may well have been. Was it within the spirit? Fuck no.)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13