Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: A Public Apology  (Read 17551 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
A Public Apology
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:04:31 pm »

It has, to make an understatement, come to my attention that I am in large part responsible, or originally responsible, for what will I have no doubt be come to be known as the Great Shipping Disaster of 2012. Although I wasn't responsible for sending it out en masse or describing it in-thread, I am certainly responsible for exceedingly poor judgement in choosing whom to ship, and, furthermore, for standing by as it unfolded when it was probably early enough to fix. I apologize to GlyphGryph, Janet, RedKing, Toady One, and whomever else was squicked out by it.

I briefly considered gracefully leaving the board, but upon reflection, I decided an apology would be better suited. Should the justice of the Toad come upon me and choose to evict me with the banhammer, however, I shall not complain.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:12:57 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Public Apology
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 10:06:44 pm »

The apology bit is fine, but picking fights in the forum is probably an example of continuing bad judgement. May just want to stick to the apology bit.

I'll add my own apology too - I started poor judgement by starting the thread. It was a bad idea. I'm sorry.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 10:07:17 pm »

Was the shipping thread deleted?

If so, awww.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 10:10:57 pm »

I apologise, also it wasn't my fault at all

Considering an almost identical thread exploded in drama a while ago I'm not sure why anyone would think it was a good idea.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:39 pm »

I too am Spartacus, nor was it my fault!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 10:15:45 pm »

This shipping stuff has got to stop, guys. It's extremely creepy and inappropriate.  As the rules say, there are plenty of places on the internet to appease your perverse lust, but this isn't one of them. I didn't say anything before, but I figured something like this would happen as soon as you all started on it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 10:17:53 pm »

I just thought it was funny.

I'm not sure what the underlying problem is. People not able to take a joke? People making shipping fics of people that aren't jokes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 10:19:38 pm »

I think the underlying problem is ridiculously inappropriate ships. Mine, for instance had two people flirting in a bar of bay 12ers, end of story.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 10:23:15 pm »

Theres probably a variety of reasons you could say for why it can be a problem, freeform.

Also, for the record, the google docs web things are mostly because its interesting to see how it turns out, yet not on the forum, and seeing a big web graph was kinda neat. Not for serious shipping purposes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 10:23:36 pm »

It was actually entirely my fault. I am the full cause of this entire ruckus.

There was a shipping thread?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 10:25:38 pm »

I'll make a note that absolutely everything that involved me did not offend, disturb, or otherwise harm or perturb me in any way whatsoever, and that I at least deserve no apologies. I did not participate, but a few people mentioned using me in their shipping silliness, and if anything, I am flattered.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 10:36:29 pm »

Yea, I would also like to apologize. I was tired and more than a little inberiated, so yeah, sorry Janet and everyone else.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 10:37:04 pm »

I did not get a chance to see, but even though I did not join the writing, I wish to apologize for joining the silliness.

And for anyone who may had been shipped with me. I'm so sorry if anyone was.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 10:41:30 pm »

I think the underlying problem is ridiculously inappropriate ships. Mine, for instance had two people flirting in a bar of bay 12ers, end of story.

Yeah, this. Flirting or killing kangaroos is one thing. What I wrote was another.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 10:51:18 pm »

Though I wouldn't call myself a fan of the shipping shenanigans, I really don't see the big deal about it.

In fact, to be completely honest, when people on the forums get upset over such silly things, I find that it disrupts the usually very accepting, open atmosphere that makes this place so great. I mean, how are we all supposed to be friends if we can't even feel comfortable confiding in one another about how horrible and perverse we truly are?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13