Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Your first vampire?  (Read 4879 times)

Volour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your first vampire?
« on: December 05, 2012, 08:15:49 pm »

So when was your first vampire? or vampires in general
did he cause any fun, or save you from it?

I had mine today, well I think I did. this soldier has 731 goblin kills. He came to my fortress in one of the first migrant waves.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:50:22 pm by Volour »
Adapted to the caves

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your first vampire?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 09:06:57 pm »

Mine came during a necro siege, he was the only one who didn't die in the migrant wave, he became a war hero, and he had the honor of becoming obsidian casted

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 09:43:52 pm »

I tried to use my first vampire to turn my entire fortress into vampires, but the fort eventually was destroyed because of a siege.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 10:27:03 pm »

I tried to juice my first vampire like a lemon, and use the gore to make a squad of immortal super soldiers.  Fort collapsed to invaders before I could finish the project.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 11:34:28 pm »

I left him alone, because he seemed to only kill kids.

C27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 02:22:15 am »

I was boring and forced mine to wall himself into an empty 1x1 room, after he drained a useless immigrant. These days I put them to better use by putting them on fortified towers to serve as watchmen/snipers.
Gold is for the mistress– silver for the maid–
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
‘Good!’ said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
‘But iron– cold iron– is ruler of them all’.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 02:26:20 am »

i didn't even realise vampires were in the game.

i was trying to work out how someone was drained of blood and had to go looking around the wiki.
I wondered how he managed it cos in my first forts everyone slept in one big room.

pretty sure my vampire was fairly useless.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 02:37:39 am »

My first was a success as vampire.

He exposed himself by the sudden message that 'The corpse of Urist McLegendaryStonecrafter' has been found, drained of blood'.
The following weeks I observed my sleeping quaters closely, and spotted him on the third draining. He was sentenced to jail and hammer strikes, - which he survived.
So by dwarven law he walked out as a free dwarf and promptly drained a new victim, - but didn't survive the next series of hammer strike.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 03:28:34 am »

I was wary and recongnized the first vampire before he actually managed to lay his fangs on my dwarves.
I sent him and the second vamp who arrived in the next wave with picks to wall off the first cavern layer at the edges, but a cave croc got them.

NightlinerSGS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 03:58:20 am »

My first (and so far only) vampire was found after she drained somebody. I started looking around and found her out by her absurdly long thoughts page. I followed her around for a while and there she went, feeding on another one while I observed it. After that I made a room with silver walls and a silver chain and chained her to it. I'm still waiting for something nice to happen to put her to use.
Like I always say, elven females serve a... better purpose to me than the males.
This is a masterfully derailed thread. It depicts Necro in magma-silk thread. This relates to the great derailing of the Divorce Thread in 2011. Necro is holding up a pig-tail fiber sock. Necro is swimming. Necro is striking a defiant pose.

djsmiley2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Milk Me
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 04:10:38 am »

My first vampire..... got accused of every single crime in my justice screen.

Something like 800 days in prison and 400+ hammer strikes.

He remained locked up, outside during a zombie siege which near enough brought the end to my fort, so I released him remotely and then he died to something rather quickly. I'm still unsure why he was ignored when he was locked up though.
This is Dwarf Fortress, everything has a fetish for socks.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 06:17:49 am »

He remained locked up, outside during a zombie siege which near enough brought the end to my fort, so I released him remotely and then he died to something rather quickly. I'm still unsure why he was ignored when he was locked up though.
Undead ignore vampires as they're fellow undead.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

RickiusMaximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 07:57:05 am »

I locked mine in with a cave dragon to see if he would drain it

he didn't
quot;A Noble would have to be very fast, very tough, have the ability to breath water, survive a fall from about 30 stories, have asbestos skin, innards made of titanium... then, and only then, would he dare to demand Adamantine items"

Stopkilling0

• Bay Watcher
  • FarmBaconFarmBacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 09:25:50 am »

I promptly throw every vampire I encounter into the repeating spike pit.
That at the bottom is surrounded by windows. So the military dwarfs get used to seeing things die.
:D

Yee

• Bay Watcher
  • Invasion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 09:32:27 am »

My first vampire killed at least one dwarf, but I accused him of two other crimes as well and chained him in a 3x3 room near the mausoleum. Unfortunately, after engraving the walls of his 'eternal prison', I forgot to lock up the door, so he was presumably hammered to death by the hammerer. Oh all these possibilities...
Pages: [1] 2 3