Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 15: Goo and More Goo]  (Read 15056 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 10: Constructive]
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2012, 10:14:20 am »

Evaluate blacksmith setup. Figure a way for it to be easier and more expensive for heroes.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2012, 07:56:51 pm »

Flee back to the city. Busk for cash.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2012, 06:07:48 pm »

Follow and help Valerio.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2012, 07:14:28 pm »

Turn 11: Professional

eep a spindlylegs..
Zap the spider from range
[2] vs [6][5] The spider ducks under your feeble assault and rushes you, knocking you to the ground and preparing to deliver the final blow.

[4] vs [5] You roll aside at the last second, avoiding its tiny fangs.

+2x1=2 exp

Valerios sighed. He'd rather just wait for his party to get back together.
"Hey people. If you're already rested, group up again and let's try one more run through the plains."

Wait for people to join me once again. After the group numbers at least three people, set off to find a weak monster in the Shallow Plains.
Follow and help Valerio.
The two of your stand around, waiting for a third, but no one comes. Damn.

Rest at the Guild Hall, then join the Miner's Guild. Work work. Zug zug. Dabu!
You rest, then go receive training at the Miner's Guild.

HP Restored!
You are now a Miner!

"I wish to join the Miners' Guild, oh please let me join! I need a job, you know. Metallic spheres aren't exactly at a high demand right now."

Join the miners' guild and get an assignment! If there's no assignment, haul my stone to the building site. Gotta help some way!
You receive training in the Miner's Guild. Unfortunately they don't have any tasks for you right now, and there's nothing being built.

You are now a Miner!

Evaluate blacksmith setup. Figure a way for it to be easier and more expensive for heroes.
Hm... easier but more expensive, that's tricky...

[3] Well... you could have them pay you to do some of their job for them... but of course, the only way they get money is by doing their job in the first place... hrm...

Flee back to the city. Busk for cash.
You are already in town, having followed the party there.

Sadly, you find that you lack the instruments and training to busk properly, and aren't sure where you'd do such a thing anyway. Maybe if there was an inn and you had training as a class with that as a passive...

You also sleep to recover hp.

[2] The spider wanders off away from town. False alarm.

The Demon and Angel Kings continue to glare at each other, pondering their next move.

The Demon King glances at his current forces. He doesn't have nearly enough to take out the Angel King just yet; not with that much wilderness in between them. He's also behind economically, as the Miner's Guild hasn't paid for itself yet, while the Angel King's inn, while hopefully less useful in the long run, produces commerce all on its own.

He glares at his "heroes." They're weak and lazy... but maybe...

He orders construction to begin on an Alchemist. Maybe with potions available those cowards might actually get something done.

The Angel King has a different set of problems. He lacks heroes, as none have been enticed by his inn across the horrible death fields to his kingdom. Maybe he should see about building a guardpost out there or something. Of course, any such construction would come under constant attack by hostile natives and the Demon King himself, so that might have to wait.

He does appear to be winning the waiting game, however; his inn is producing money, while the Demon King's guild is not. Perhaps he should just wait them out...

To that end, he begins construction on a Jeweler. It'll provide fine clothing for his subjects, as well as accessories for any heroes he picks up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 11: Professional]
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2012, 07:17:12 pm »

Axel joins the hunting party.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:30:28 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2012, 07:26:25 pm »

Walk off into the level 1-3 area. Fight whatever I find.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2012, 07:28:35 pm »

Axel goes to the jewelers shop and goes to see if he can help.
((Bear in mind that getting to the other kingdom will require several rolls to bypass unpleasant beasties. Or just fighting through said beasties, of course, but that's not likely to happen for the more dangerous parts at your level.

Heroes also can't construct things without a passive in that vein. Or at least, they can't at the moment; there seems to be a fair amount of interest in that direction, so maybe I'll make it more Minecraft-style in that regard. :P))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 9: Work Work Work]
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2012, 07:28:59 pm »

Valerios sat on the ground and scratched the back of his head.
"Let's remake that group and head once again to that place, we need to train a bit."

Wait for people to join once again. After the group numbers at least three people, set off to find a weak monster in the Shallow Plains. If the minimum quorum of three people isn't met, then follow the snowman anyway and help him kill things.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:51:37 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2012, 07:30:53 pm »

Axel goes to the jewelers shop and goes to see if he can help.
((Bear in mind that getting to the other kingdom will require several rolls to bypass unpleasant beasties. Or just fighting through said beasties, of course, but that's not likely to happen for the more dangerous parts at your level.

Heroes also can't construct things without a passive in that vein. Or at least, they can't at the moment; there seems to be a fair amount of interest in that direction, so maybe I'll make it more Minecraft-style in that regard. :P))
((Well, now that that's known. I was confused.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2012, 07:47:18 pm »

"Hey, warmblood, if we keep waiting around like this, I'm gonna melt."

Head out on my own and attack that wounded slime.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2012, 09:05:35 pm »

jump on the spider and electrocute it directly
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2012, 10:33:54 pm »

Help construction of Alchemist
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2012, 11:03:32 pm »

Trail after Valerio, jabbering incessantly.

"Hey, you! You wif the armour! What're we wastin' time in theese sstinkin' fields for? We never gonna get famous like that, let's get some people together an' head off inter the Middling Woods! That'll make fer a decent song, ohoo yes!"

>Follow Valerio wherever for now, but try to convince him to lead the party to the Middling Woods.

>If we come into contact with any potentially hostile creatures, hide behind him and get my spear ready.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2012, 11:38:13 pm »

Turn 12: The Hunt

Axel joins the hunting party.
Valerios sat on the ground and scratched the back of his head.
"Let's remake that group and head once again to that place, we need to train a bit."

Wait for people to join once again. After the group numbers at least three people, set off to find a weak monster in the Shallow Plains. If the minimum quorum of three people isn't met, then follow the snowman anyway and help him kill things.
Trail after Valerio, jabbering incessantly.

"Hey, you! You wif the armour! What're we wastin' time in theese sstinkin' fields for? We never gonna get famous like that, let's get some people together an' head off inter the Middling Woods! That'll make fer a decent song, ohoo yes!"

>Follow Valerio wherever for now, but try to convince him to lead the party to the Middling Woods.

>If we come into contact with any potentially hostile creatures, hide behind him and get my spear ready.
The three of you head off into the plains.

[1][1:North] You find a small yellow cube of jello. It is hostile.

Walk off into the level 1-3 area. Fight whatever I find.
[4][2:East] You encounter a rather fat, ambulatory blue turnip, or something similar.

[1] vs [1] You trip over it. This doesn't do it any favors either.

[6][5] vs [5] It whips its razor leaves around, air whistling as it moves. You flip yourself over it while still prone, taking advantage of the fact that it was aiming so low, and roll to your feet a moment later.

+4x2x1=8 exp

"Hey, warmblood, if we keep waiting around like this, I'm gonna melt."

Head out on my own and attack that wounded slime.
[4] You can't find the slime, but you do encounter a light blue one instead.

[5] vs [5] You lash out at it in a fluid strike, but it flows right alongside you.

[1] vs [6][4] It then wobbles towards you, becoming topheavy in the process, so you run around it and kick it from the side, knocking it over.

1 dmg dealt to slime
+2x2x1=4 exp
+3x1=3 exp

jump on the spider and electrocute it directly
[6][1] vs [3] You leap right on top of it and prepare to channel raw electricity into it, when it simply bites down, taking advantage of the fact that you're clinging to its face. Everything goes dark...

1 dmg taken
You have died!

Help construction of Alchemist
Since there's such a demand for it, you find yourself able to aid in the construction of the Alchemist.

They don't pay you or anything, though.

The alchemist is now operational! Their most noteworthy service is providing healing potions; a 1 hp healing potion costs 1 gold.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 12: The Hunt]
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2012, 11:48:04 pm »

Axel smirks. The good thing about being trapped in a fantasy universe is the pun possibilites.
"Looks like you've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!"
Give the slime the wrath of the thunder by playing Thunderstruck.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13