Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 15: Goo and More Goo]  (Read 15076 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 7: LEVEL UP!]
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2012, 10:11:18 pm »

Turn 8: Hard Counter

+2 HP

Avenge my late comrade.

"Well! That was.... Interesting."
[2] vs [1] You trip while attacking, stumbling a bit towards the cube. It helpfully wobbles into your way, perhaps assuming you were feinting.

1 dmg to slime

[6][5] vs [6][1] It then bunches up and releases itself like a spinning top, racing towards you. You jump clear above it before realizing you have nowhere to land, save for the edge of the spinning slime, which slams you aside like a ragdoll.

-3 HP
+2x1=2 exp

"You killed Stone. Fire!" Attack wolf. Grab head as trophy if it dies
[1] vs [5] You trip and fall facefirst into the ground, which at least spares you the indignity of seeing how graceful the wolf is in comparison.

[6][5] vs [6][1] Or at least, it does until the wolf counterattacks, bouncing up into the air and spiraling down on you. You respond by leaping into the air, which would have been the correct move had that not been the direction the wolf was coming from. As it stands, you go straight into its waiting maw.

3 dmg taken
You have died!

Wolf is now Level 5!
+2 HP selected

"Dear me. Wolves displaying acts of regeneration in battle." Cyri looked at Valerio. "If I say this was work of demonic powers, what would you say?"

Flank the wolf from behind it as my allies strike! If I kill it, skin the hide.

If it is dead, scout out for any nearby enemies - report findings, but do not engage. Defend self if necessary.

[1] vs [2] You trip harder than the wolf.

"If I say this was work of demonic powers, what would you say?"

"I'd say it doesn't matter much." he said, quite non-chalantly. "We just keep attacking it now."

Attack the wolf, take pelt if I'm the one to deal the fatal blow.
[4] vs [4] You take a stab at the wolf, but it takes a dodge right back.

+1x1x2=2 exp

"Damn. Too sober for this too."
Go ahead and shock the wolf with the power of rock.
[3] vs [6][4] You play an okay riff, but this wolf is apparently not a rock fan. It feints going for your precious guitar before helping itself to some of your delicious facemeat.

1 dmg taken
+1x1=1 exp

"Yeah, fat reserves. They're keeping it warm. And it just got that much fatter after eating that head."

Attack the wolf, and rip off its nose if this is the finishing blow.
[6][4] vs [5] You leap at the wolf, but it rolls to the side, then rolls back and chomps on your legs.

1 dmg taken
+3x1=3 exp

Peter and Herby's souls rise up and streak to the Demon King, who stares at them disinterestedly.

While he's pondering those, the guardhouse is completed! The town now has one guard patrolling its structures.

The... Angel King, you suppose? Anyway, he looks out from atop his throne, probably made from the good dreams of children or something equally kind of nice sounding.

Unlike the Demon King, he's pretty pleased! There's so much stuff here! Well, so much stuff that's supposed to belong to someone else. Bwahahahaha!

The Demon King looks a little less happy about this. He immediately casts both new souls to the soil.

[5] Herby's soul is transformed into Sawblade, the Demon King's template for an expendable bruiser.

[5] Peter's soul is transformed into Pokelight, the Demon King's template for utterly expendable cannon fodder.

((As before, either of you can play your new incarnations or not. Note that playing one of the Demon King's servants is a bit different (usually more boring and limited) than playing a free-roaming hero.))

A rival kingdom has emerged to the northeast!

A rolls out of the portal. Do not ask "A what?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 8: Hard Counter]
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2012, 10:17:44 pm »

(([6][4] vs [5], shouldn't Wwolin's attack actually hit?))

"We are really bad at this."

Attack the wolf.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2012, 10:19:31 pm »

((Nope, because of the chaining system, it lets the wolf counterattack if my second roll is lower.))

"You ate the yellow snow! You ate the yellow snow! What the hell is wrong with you, wolf?"

Attack the wolf. Tear off its nose if I kill it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:29:25 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2012, 10:22:16 pm »

Nope, because of the chaining system, it lets the wolf counterattack if my second roll is lower.
((Oh yeah, there's that. Pity.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2012, 10:22:59 pm »

Nope, because of the chaining system, it lets the wolf counterattack if my second roll is lower.
((Oh yeah, there's that. Pity.))
((Yeah. Crits are basically as dangerous for you as they are for them, with the notable exceptions that you get a fair amount of xp for it and in theory can build up damage resistance to yourself for cheap.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2012, 11:49:20 pm »

That is a deadly wolf.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2012, 12:23:23 am »

M'Bokgal frowned thoughtfully at the wolf, circling as he did so.
"Yer certainly a tough opponent, for such a fat one," He murmured, "But the fatter they are, the harder they fall... 'Specially when gravy's involved!"

>Suddenly slather self in magical gravy from thin air! Then stab the wolf with the element of surprise(and my spear)!

>Claim its pelvis when it's dead!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:34:53 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2012, 12:29:12 am »

"The fuck is the reason you guy's aren't running?"
Back up. Become a smaller target. If the wolf comes after Axel, he zaps it.
((Axel, not Alex, FYI.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2012, 01:16:35 am »

"Where am I? Ah, doesn't matter. Building matters!"

Find materials (rocks, loose metals and so forth) in the surrounding ramparts. Retrieve them and bring them back to the town.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2012, 04:12:49 am »

Cyri looked flabbergasted at the event.

"This is...unnatural. Even an oaf couldn't have died like...that. Err, I'm missing something about this plane, aren't I? What is this place?"

Slash at the wolf, hoping to prepare a counter if it strikes first.

If dead, try to find some kind of whetstone around here then return to the group.

If I get the kill: Skin the hide.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2012, 10:07:10 am »

[5] Peter's soul is transformed into Pokelight, the Demon King's template for utterly expendable cannon fodder.
Buzz Lightyear: You're mocking me aren't you.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2012, 11:37:29 am »

I'll take pokelight.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2012, 04:45:03 pm »

"Alright, I'm out. I'm not risking my life to kill this androgynous batch of cherry jello. I came here to level up, and that's what I did."

Run back to town, try to figure out how healing works in this game.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2012, 05:44:54 pm »

Turn 9: Work Work Work

"We are really bad at this."

Attack the wolf.
[6][3] vs [3] You rush forward, slamming your lance forward in a powerful but inaccurate swing. The wolf lunges aside at the last second.

+3x2x1=6 exp

((Nope, because of the chaining system, it lets the wolf counterattack if my second roll is lower.))

"You ate the yellow snow! You ate the yellow snow! What the hell is wrong with you, wolf?"

Attack the wolf. Tear off its nose if I kill it.
[6][2] vs [6][1] You leap into the air, losing your balance and just sort of tumbling down towards the wolf. The wolf tries to leap to catch you in mid-air, but trips, bouncing up aimlessly as you bodyslam it.

3 dmg dealt to wolf
+2x1=2 exp

That's enough for the enraged wolf to select its target.

[3] vs [4] You roll aside as it snaps its jaws furiously in your direction.

+1x1=1 exp
You have gained a level!

Please select a levelup perk (+2 HP or +1 Attack)

M'Bokgal frowned thoughtfully at the wolf, circling as he did so.
"Yer certainly a tough opponent, for such a fat one," He murmured, "But the fatter they are, the harder they fall... 'Specially when gravy's involved!"

>Suddenly slather self in magical gravy from thin air! Then stab the wolf with the element of surprise(and my spear)!

>Claim its pelvis when it's dead!
[6][2] vs [3] You slather yourself in gravy, waiting for the wolf's look of surprise so you can strike. Instead it licks its chops and begins ripping into your delicious thighs.

-1 hp
+2x1=2 exp

"The fuck is the reason you guy's aren't running?"
Back up. Become a smaller target. If the wolf comes after Axel, he zaps it.
((Axel, not Alex, FYI.))
[1] vs [3] You try to zap it from twenty feet away and with three people between the two of you. It fails.

"Where am I? Ah, doesn't matter. Building matters!"

Find materials (rocks, loose metals and so forth) in the surrounding ramparts. Retrieve them and bring them back to the town.
[6][4] You manage to avoid trouble by hiding under a rock that you then shuffle around. Nobody suspects the box rock!

[5] You quarry some stone and then haul it back to town. The Demon King looks surprised.

Cyri looked flabbergasted at the event.

"This is...unnatural. Even an oaf couldn't have died like...that. Err, I'm missing something about this plane, aren't I? What is this place?"

Slash at the wolf, hoping to prepare a counter if it strikes first.

If dead, try to find some kind of whetstone around here then return to the group.

If I get the kill: Skin the hide.

[6][5] vs [2] You rush past the wolf in a blur, and the wolf flies back a moment later, cloven in twain.

2 dmg dealt to wolf
+4x1=4 exp
L5 Wolf Hide Gained!
Level up!

Please select a levelup perk (+2 HP or +1 Attack)

"Alright, I'm out. I'm not risking my life to kill this androgynous batch of cherry jello. I came here to level up, and that's what I did."

Run back to town, try to figure out how healing works in this game.
[3] vs [6][5] You stumble a bit trying to run, glancing over your shoulder to see if the slime's following you. It's not, so you turn back to HOLY SHIT IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

[1] vs [5] Fortunately it seems to have been assuming you'd just run into it like your friend, and so just sits there while you skid to a stop and weave around it. You even have time to consider that if you could make it back to your guild, or anyplace acceptable to sleep, you could probably have a nice nap and wake up all refreshed and not-nearly-dead.

+2x1=2 exp

[6][4] Jacob's soul emerges as Embersledge, the Demon King's attempt at a smith. Imps are handy, no doubt, but this might be useful for heavier work.

Azgamanth tumbles through the portal. What's up with all these imps in hell?

The Demon King and the Angel King glare at each other over the distant treeline. They're really tall, you see.

The Demon King glances at his current minions, pondering what to do next. He glances in particular between A and Embersledge for a time.

Finally making up his mind, the Demon King orders the construction of a Miner's Guild! This is a specialized guild that trains heroes in its particular craft, as opposed to a generic Guild that will hold heroes of any type but offers no other services. The Miner's Guild in particular offers the ability to gain experience when harvesting resources- not a particularly heroic thing to do, but it can help pay the bills or just help out the Kingdom with its projects.

The Angel King considers this for a moment before settling on his own project- an inn. Inns allow heroes to take refuge in them like guilds, as well as allowing heroes to sleep in them (for a fee) and spend gold getting liquored up, which has a chance to grant experience for some strange reason.

He gestures enticingly to it, much to the Demon King's fury.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, the Demon King is not very fair when it comes to the fate of his subjects. The robot got guard duty because she literally died via aggroing a target, the cannibal he liked the style and death of, you... well, you didn't really have any distinguishing characteristics he was interested in, so you wound up as a mook that'll probably have to struggle to prove himself better than all the other mooks the Demon King will probably end up with every time he gets lazy and uncreative over someone's death.

Hell just ain't fair, I tell ya. :P

I'll take pokelight.
((Really? Okay then, guess Embersledge is up for grabs then. :P))

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 9: Work Work Work]
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2012, 05:53:30 pm »

It's not, so you turn back to HOLY SHIT IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

I laughed probably far too hard at that. Oh, Bay12, how I love you.

Jog around it. Head back to town and inquire about the Miner's Guild. If I don't post any actions for the next few turns, just keep repeating this one until success. OR DEATH!
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13