Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 15: Goo and More Goo]  (Read 14990 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
[Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 15: Goo and More Goo]
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:17:45 pm »

The Demon King is not pleased. He glowers from atop his throne, probably made of the nightmares of children or something equally terrifying.

Seriously, this place sucks. There isn't even anything here! Except worthless trash, that is.

But wait. The Demon King has a plan. Oh yes.

That's where you come in. You're in Hell. A hell? Point is, you're not dead yet, but you'd better shape up or you will be.

How'd you end up here if you're not dead? Nevermind that, portals or something. Possibly involving either getting thrown through or thinking this was a good idea. Either way, you're stuck with it now.

Best familiarize yourself with how things work down here:
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Experience (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Loot! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The World (click to show/hide)

To join, just fill out the following:

Name:
Physical Appearance:
Mental Description:
Attack Type:
Aspiring Class:

Attack Type is what type of damage your initial attacks cause. Available damage types are Slashing, Piercing, Crushing (collectively known as Physical); Fire, Frost, Shock (collectively known as Elemental); and Dark, Light, Nature (collectively known as Divine).

Aspiring Class is what you currently want to be when you stop sucking. This may be changed at any time, but it's helpful to have a rough archetype to work from when designing certain things.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 06:21:02 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Need Guinea Pigs]
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 06:18:06 pm »

Waitlist:
-Spy, Spy (Fireiy)
-Pokey, Hokey Pokey Poking Pal(borno)
-Frank Jump, Dashing Swordsman (scapheap)
-Javier, Insane Heretic (javierpwn)

==Current Buildings, Demon King==

Demon King's Throne

Marketplace
This collection of stalls and shops handles the buying and selling of raw materials, food, and other essentials.
-Sell Trophy: Buys trophies for gold equal to their level.
-Buy Trophy: Sells crafting-grade materials for gold equal to 150% of their level.
-Trade Trophy: Exchanges trophies for crafting materials of an equal level at no cost.
-Buy Miscellaneous: Sells food and other trivial odds and ends.

Blacksmith
This metal structure handles the forging of new weapons and armor.
-Craft Weapon: Allows the crafting of a new weapon using a trophy or crafting material and an amount of gold equal to its level. A crafting roll affects the final result. The weapon is of a level equal to the trophy or material level used, and possesses stats influences by chance and creator intent, depending on the crafting roll.
-Craft Armor: As Craft Weapon, but with armor.
-Upgrade Weapon: Allows the upgrade of an existing weapon using a trophy or crafting material and an amount of gold equal to its level minus the level of the weapon to be upgraded. A crafting roll affects the final result. The resulting weapon is equal to the level of the trophy or material level used, and possesses stats influences by base item, chance, and creator intent, depending on the crafting roll.
-Upgrade Armor: As Upgrade Weapon, but with armor.

Guild
This fortified stone building serves as a home for heroes, allowing them to rest, store items, and take shelter.
-Rest: May sleep inside to completely recover HP and other replenishable stats.
-Store Item: May stash an item inside. Stashed items are secure until your death, in which case they become property of the Guild.

Miner's Guild
This fortified stone building serves as a home for heroes, allowing them to rest, store items, and take shelter, as well as offering specialized training in the normally not very heroic arts of resource gathering.
-Store Item: May stash an item inside. Stashed items are secure until your death, in which case they become property of the Guild.
-Miner Training: May receive training as a Miner, allowing you to gain experience from harvesting building materials. Building materials may sometimes be sold for money, or may aid the Kingdom in its construction projects.

Guardhouse
This fortified, squat tower serves as an outpost for guards, allowing them to patrol the nearby area for potential threats.
-Spawn Guard: Supports a guard. Slain guards are automatically replaced after a time.

Portal
This black stone platform serves as a gateway for incoming heroes.
-Spawn Hero: May spit forth new champions from time to time.

==Current Buildings, Angel King==

Angel King's Throne

Marketplace
This collection of stalls and shops handles the buying and selling of raw materials, food, and other essentials.
-Sell Trophy: Buys trophies for gold equal to their level.
-Buy Trophy: Sells crafting-grade materials for gold equal to 150% of their level.
-Trade Trophy: Exchanges trophies for crafting materials of an equal level at no cost.
-Buy Miscellaneous: Sells food and other trivial odds and ends.

Blacksmith
This metal structure handles the forging of new weapons and armor.
-Craft Weapon: Allows the crafting of a new weapon using a trophy or crafting material and an amount of gold equal to its level. A crafting roll affects the final result. The weapon is of a level equal to the trophy or material level used, and possesses stats influences by chance and creator intent, depending on the crafting roll.
-Craft Armor: As Craft Weapon, but with armor.
-Upgrade Weapon: Allows the upgrade of an existing weapon using a trophy or crafting material and an amount of gold equal to its level minus the level of the weapon to be upgraded. A crafting roll affects the final result. The resulting weapon is equal to the level of the trophy or material level used, and possesses stats influences by base item, chance, and creator intent, depending on the crafting roll.
-Upgrade Armor: As Upgrade Weapon, but with armor.

Inn
This pleasant-looking wooden structure serves liquid refreshment and offers beds (and walls) to weary (or terrified) heroes seeking respite.
-Paid Rest: May spend gold to sleep inside to completely recover HP and other replenishable stats.
-Drink: May spend gold to have a merry time, possibly gaining experience in the process. Each gold piece spent is a potential point of experience, which is then multiplied by the base exp gain values of a die rolled for this purpose. A [6] or [5] grants x2 experience, a [3] or [4] x1, and a [1] or [2] nothing.

Guild
This fortified stone building serves as a home for heroes, allowing them to rest, store items, and take shelter.

Guardhouse
This fortified, squat tower serves as an outpost for guards, allowing them to patrol the nearby area for potential threats.
-Spawn Guard: Supports a guard. Slain guards are automatically replaced after a time.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:20:11 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:20:42 pm »

Char now
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:39:09 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 06:23:32 pm »

I'll have a char up later tonight.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:52:06 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 06:26:21 pm »

Why not.
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:15:38 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 06:47:12 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 06:50:27 pm »

Name: M'Bokgal
Physical Appearance: Some ugly kind of minor demon, like an imp, M'Bokgal is a stunted, twisted humanoid with mouldy-looking blue skin, a gaping, misshapen jaw that won't shut properly, a long red tongue and two bulging, sickly-yellow eyes which tend to look in slightly different directions to each other.
Other than that, he has dainty little hooves, a short tail, mutlicoloured boils and warts, and a few strands of greasy, dark-blue hair growing towards the back of his skull. Clutches a bent and rusty spear in one hand.
Mental Description: M'Bokgal always wanted to be famous. Born into the hellish landscape of the realm of, well, hell from some bland mortal life where he failed to succeed at anything but trouble, M'Bokgal seeks to do something with himself in this new existence, which he views as not damnation, but a second chance.
Always a big fan of minstrels, he's more-or-less decided that's what he wants to be. Far more constructive than robbery and arson, after all!
Attack Type: Piercing.
Aspiring Class: Bard.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 07:06:48 pm »

Name: M'Bokgal
Physical Appearance: Some ugly kind of minor demon, like an imp, M'Bokgal is a stunted, twisted humanoid with mouldy-looking blue skin, a gaping, misshapen jaw that won't shut properly, a long red tongue and two bulging, sickly-yellow eyes which tend to look in slightly different directions to each other.
Other than that, he has dainty little hooves, a short tail, mutlicoloured boils and warts, and a few strands of greasy, dark-blue hair growing towards the back of his skull. Clutches a bent and rusty spear in one hand.
Mental Description: M'Bokgal always wanted to be famous. Born into the hellish landscape of the realm of, well, hell from some bland mortal life where he failed to succeed at anything but trouble, M'Bokgal seeks to do something with himself in this new existence, which he views as not damnation, but a second chance.
Always a big fan of minstrels, he's more-or-less decided that's what he wants to be. Far more constructive than robbery and arson, after all!
Attack Type: Piercing.
Aspiring Class: Bard.

Yoink, how'd you get the same idea I did? I blame telepaths.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 07:33:57 pm »

This looks interesting.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 07:53:42 pm »

Turn 0: Welcome to Hell

A blue-haired spearman, a demonic bard, a rockstar, a blacksmith, and a snowman all walk into a bar...

Just kidding, they tumble into hell. Good luck!

Current Structures

Demon King's Throne
There's a rather large demon sitting on a rather large throne surrounded by some slightly smaller walls. Tiny imps appear to be working on them.

Guild
There's a fairly well-fortified building with rooms in it. Looks like that's your home.

Marketplace
There's a marketplace manned by tiny imps. They appear to buy and sell things.

Blacksmith
There's a blacksmith also manned by imps. They handle and enable the crafting of weapons and armor.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:55:49 pm by IronyOwl »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 0: Welcome to Hell]
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 08:05:55 pm »

Reserve/waitlist/join/whatever

Name: Grimicin
Physical Appearance: Short and thin, rather scrawny, truth be told. No distinguishing facial features, beyond a small scar on his left temple.
Mental Description: Chaotic Adventurer.
Attack Type: Shock
Aspiring Class: Beaversnailgoating Mage.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 08:08:26 pm »

"What in room" I mutter "maybe fire? There is fire in black smith. Maybe fire in devil throne too?"

I head for my room to see what is there then I go to the smith, to see what happens there. Then I go to the demon throne area
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:20:06 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 09:11:12 pm »

A wanna be knight and an ADVENTURER! tumble out as well.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 10:13:34 pm »

Well, it could be worse, he supposed. Not.

"Hrmm? Who wants to explore this town a bit then take a look outside?" he asks, expecting at least one answer. Or maybe that would be too much to expect too.

Visit the blacksmith, see how the smithing system works. If people can work there, what must be done for better equipment to be obtained, etc.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 10:53:04 pm »

"I'll freeze you all! Happy birthday to me! Bwahaha... ha? Wait a sec, where'd those damned kids who made me like this go? Where even am I? Maybe that big guy over there knows something. At the very least, he might have something for me to do rather than stand in this infernal town and melt. Maybe there are some pesky warmbloods that need freezing..."
Visit the Demon King and ask where I am. See if there's anything that he wants dead.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13