Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 15: Goo and More Goo]  (Read 14985 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 13: Mad Skillz]
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2012, 10:22:58 pm »

Turn 14: Tit for Tat

"Ouch! That stings! Why you little..."

Throw a yellow snowball at the slime. That'll teach it to zap me.
[1] vs [6][4] You hurl a snowball at the slime, who springboards it right back into your face. The indignity!

[1] vs [6][2] It then scoops up a rock and gives you a second pelting, so you snatch it out of the air and hit it in the face.

+2x1=2 exp
1 dmg taken
1 dmg dealt to slime

"They sure grow them spiders big around here."

Get out of town some other way, making sure to avoid the spider. Look for valuable resources to mine while keeping a low profile.
[3] You are forced to retreat back into town when you spy another beasty.

[2] The spider just wanders off.

"How quaint. A slime which knows how to taunt. Using the word, bitch.

"You're going down."

STRIKE THE SLIME WITH ALL MY IMPUNITY!
[4] vs [3] You strike the slime with your... immunity to punishment from it?

[5] vs [5] Apparently so. It spirals at you, but you twist around it.

1 dmg dealt to slime
+1x1=1 exp
+2x2x1=4 exp

"Oh, I know! I shall call you Ettil Hctib. Now be a good Hctib and stand still while I destroy you."

Zapimify Ettil Hctib again!
[6][3] vs [2] Ettil Hctib is surprisingly amenable to your plan, becoming nicely roasted by your lightning.

[6][4] vs [4] You're very nearly amenable to its own suggestion, but twist aside at the last second. Spiderweb fractures spread out from the now-frozen ground.

2 dmg dealt to Ettil Hctib
+3x1=3 exp
+3x1x2=6 exp
Now level 3!

Aid construction of the Alchemist
The alchemist is already constructed, and the Demon King is currently in between projects.

"I'm about to rock you... LIKE A HURRICANE!"
Continue riffing at it!
[3] vs [2] You rock it into a puddle of jello. An inanimate puddle of less structured jello, that is.

Slime slain! You may claim a trophy.
+1x1=1 exp
Level up!

The Demon King ponders what to do with an imp soul, while Alice tumbles out of the portal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 14: Tit for Tat]
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2012, 12:40:31 am »

"Damn it all, why am I besieged by wildlife at every turn?"

Perfect the Way of the Rock sneaking technique, then go find some valuable resources to harvest.

((What sort of trophy can you claim from a slime, anyway? Moreover, who would buy it?))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 01:53:05 am by Harry Baldman »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2012, 01:12:02 am »

((Didn't realize this had updated, mostly because my weekends have been very busy these days.))

"I'm just glad I don't understand that kind of newfangled music from these youngsters." Valerio says, shrugging.

Wait for the team to group up then move on to search for another weak enemy.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2012, 02:03:31 am »

((You strike the slime with your... immunity to punishment from it?
Call it intuition. :P))

"I do, its practically chaotic and horrible if you'd ask me." Cyri said as she cleaned her blade from the slime's goo.

"Alright, all wounded stay at the rear of the party, I'll take the front if you don't mind Valerio. We're continuing with this hunt. You there, bard, pick the surface glands of the slime. I've heard those hold its poison or whatever keeps it in its rigid shape."

Examine the surrounding landscape, what types of creatures are generally about? Also, lead the party in search for another enemy if Valerio insists.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 02:23:27 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2012, 11:54:54 am »

"So, are we movin' onto the Middling Woods, yet? No?" M'Bokgal scowled and tapped a hoof on the ground impatiently, rapidly becoming tired of Valerio's incompetent leadership.
"I'm rapidly becomin' tired of yer incompetent leadership! Dis'd better be the last hunt we be doin' in these boring plains, alright?!"

>Follow the ever-boring Valerio and company, try to distract him enough that we end up wandering into the Middling Woods.
Maybe convince him that I saw something shiny over in that direction, I dunno.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2012, 03:32:45 pm »

"Tsh. You're all trapped in the past. Not that it really matters much here." Axel offers with a smile.
Put the level up into health. Claim a trophy from the Slime. If I have to designate one to take, poke through the surface glands.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2012, 04:20:26 pm »

Ask the demonking if I can do something for him.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2012, 05:37:16 pm »

+1 Attack

Destroy Hctib!

((For the record, read his full name backward.

Ettil Hctib.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2012, 05:41:56 pm »

Continue attacking the slime, this time by giving it an icy bearhug.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2012, 06:20:19 am »

Turn 15: Goo and More Goo

"Damn it all, why am I besieged by wildlife at every turn?"

Perfect the Way of the Rock sneaking technique, then go find some valuable resources to harvest.

((What sort of trophy can you claim from a slime, anyway? Moreover, who would buy it?))
((Why, slimes have lots of stuff! Like goo, or solidified goo, or slightly different solidified goo that served a nebulous purpose.))

[6][2] You end up [1:North] directly underneath a slime, hiding in a crevice that the slime is resting atop but not oozing into.

((Didn't realize this had updated, mostly because my weekends have been very busy these days.))

"I'm just glad I don't understand that kind of newfangled music from these youngsters." Valerio says, shrugging.

Wait for the team to group up then move on to search for another weak enemy.
((You strike the slime with your... immunity to punishment from it?
Call it intuition. :P))

"I do, its practically chaotic and horrible if you'd ask me." Cyri said as she cleaned her blade from the slime's goo.

"Alright, all wounded stay at the rear of the party, I'll take the front if you don't mind Valerio. We're continuing with this hunt. You there, bard, pick the surface glands of the slime. I've heard those hold its poison or whatever keeps it in its rigid shape."

Examine the surrounding landscape, what types of creatures are generally about? Also, lead the party in search for another enemy if Valerio insists.
"So, are we movin' onto the Middling Woods, yet? No?" M'Bokgal scowled and tapped a hoof on the ground impatiently, rapidly becoming tired of Valerio's incompetent leadership.
"I'm rapidly becomin' tired of yer incompetent leadership! Dis'd better be the last hunt we be doin' in these boring plains, alright?!"

>Follow the ever-boring Valerio and company, try to distract him enough that we end up wandering into the Middling Woods.
Maybe convince him that I saw something shiny over in that direction, I dunno.
"Tsh. You're all trapped in the past. Not that it really matters much here." Axel offers with a smile.
Put the level up into health. Claim a trophy from the Slime. If I have to designate one to take, poke through the surface glands.
[4] The group moves on, encountering a light blue slime. M'Bokal's attempts at subterfuge prove fruitless, as there's a fair distance between here and the Middling Woods and Valerio is paying at least mild attention.

Alex: +2 HP gained
L1 Yellow Slime Core gained

Light Blue Slime L2
4/4 HP
1 Attack

Ask the demonking if I can do something for him.
[6][4] He suggests you attempt to fashion an artifact. To do that, you'd just need several components and a special step or treatment given to each of them.

He says you can take some guards to harvest materials, or snatch them from the marketplace on the same turn heroes sell them.

+1 Attack

Destroy Hctib!

((For the record, read his full name backward.

Ettil Hctib.))
[6][4] vs [6][4] A battle of the ages ensues, in which you bring down the wrath of Thor upon the poor shrubbery. When the smoke clears, he's teetering on a pencil-thin strand of ice, barely safe from the discharge.

[1] vs [3] Then he falls over.

+7x2x1=14 exp
+1x1=1 exp

((And yes, I noticed.))

Continue attacking the slime, this time by giving it an icy bearhug.
[5] vs [1] Dawwww, you gives the slime a hug! A hug of eternal darkness.

[3] vs [5] It tries to hug you right back, but you avoid its feeble embrace.

+2x1=2 exp
+2x1=2 exp
1 dmg dealt to slime

The Demon King notices some unsavory creatures outside his borders, and decides to offer bounties to dispose of them.

Shiny Slime L2
2/2 HP
2 Fire Attack
-2 Gold Bounty

Fat Wolf L3
4/4 HP
1 True Attack
-4 Gold Bounty

Big Spider L4
6/6 HP
2 Light Damage
-10 Gold Bounty

The slime is to the north, the wolf to the west and the spider to the south. Each requires a roll to reach without running into trouble along the way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 15: Goo and More Goo]
« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2012, 06:41:48 am »

All according to plan, A thought.

Using my advantageous location, sneak attack the slime!

((Is it the Shiny Slime I happen to be underneath?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 23, 2012, 06:45:24 am »

((Sadly no.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 23, 2012, 06:50:49 am »

((Awful lot of slimes around here, it seems. Can't go three steps without stepping in one.))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2012, 08:32:02 am »

Take guards and go get materials.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2012, 09:35:25 am »

"Well, here is one." Valerios says before moving on to attack.

Attack Slime.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13