Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 15: Goo and More Goo]  (Read 14991 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 9: Work Work Work]
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2012, 06:08:03 pm »

+2 hp

"Haha, I am victorious! And in pain from having my legs gnawed on. I need a bit of sleep.

Go back to the Guild hall and rest.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2012, 06:21:07 pm »

Play a gentle song of healing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:03:26 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2012, 06:43:26 pm »

Riff at the wolf.
((There is no wolf, only Zuul.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2012, 07:00:45 pm »

mine for resources to build the miners guild, and shiny stones

Im not going anywhere with only 2 hp :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2012, 07:07:18 pm »

"Good job, all of you. We should retreat and rest before we try this once again."

Back to town, try to work a bit at the Miner's Guild. Helping build it, if needed.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:59:19 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2012, 08:40:18 pm »

I'll take pokelight.
((Really? Okay then, guess Embersledge is up for grabs then. :P))
(Oh, I thought I could only choose pokelight or waitlist. I'll take embersledge then)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2012, 08:56:24 pm »

"Ouch... Right, think I'm gonna head back an' work on me composition, or somethin'."

>Retreat to town, relax and see what workshops there are.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2012, 12:27:59 am »

"Let's get this party started!"

Aid in the construction of the Miners' Guild! Then join it. If I can't help with the Miners' Guild, start digging a ditch all around town (with a generous margin for the town to expand, obviously).

((How much is "some stone", exactly?))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:21:24 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2012, 12:45:56 am »

((+1 attack +2 hp <- I was very tempted to choose attack instead, but then my character knows rumors on what happens when you die...

O_o))

"Right, I'll return back to town and see if anything can be done with this pelt. We'll meet...oh, ere the dawn?"

Head to the Demon King's area, to the Blacksmith, seeing what can be crafted from the Wolf Pelt - made for light armor. Also inquire on what kind of weapon can be improved/augmented by the wolf Paw in general: If deemed useless > Sell the Wolf Paw. If not (meaning it has some kind of use) then keep for the moment.

If possible, Mining here I go!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:03:57 am by Tiruin »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2012, 08:20:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Waitlist??

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2012, 05:45:19 am »

Turn 10: Constructive

It's not, so you turn back to HOLY SHIT IT'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

I laughed probably far too hard at that. Oh, Bay12, how I love you.

Jog around it. Head back to town and inquire about the Miner's Guild. If I don't post any actions for the next few turns, just keep repeating this one until success. OR DEATH!
[5] vs [1] You leave the slime in the dust as it pulls another ninja-maneuver in the wrong direction. You then dash into the Miner's Guild for good measure.

Once inside, you are informed by an imp- with a grey mustache, miner's helmet, and pick, mind you- that this is the Miner's Guild. It allows heroes to train themselves into Miners rather than generic heroes. Gaining a class in this way grants certain benefits, most notably the ability to learn skills and often a persistent passive benefit.

In the case of the Miner class, this passive benefit is the ability to earn experience from resource gathering. They currently offer no skill training aside from that, however.

+2 hp

"Haha, I am victorious! And in pain from having my legs gnawed on. I need a bit of sleep.

Go back to the Guild hall and rest.
Your mission accomplished, you return to the Guild and rest.

+2 HP Gained!
HP Restored!

Play a gentle song of healing.
[2] "Heal heal your putrid wounds, your horrible maimings might be permanennnnnnnnt!"

It's... not your best performance to date.

mine for resources to build the miners guild, and shiny stones

Im not going anywhere with only 2 hp :P
[2] Sadly you must venture out of town if you're to acquire good materials. This puts you face to face with a [1][3:South] Spider. It's fairly small, as humans go, and a sort of nearly transparent whitish color.

Spider, L1
2/2 HP
1 Attack, Dark

"Good job, all of you. We should retreat and rest before we try this once again."

Back to town, try to work a bit at the Miner's Guild. Helping build it, if needed.
Alas, you lack the skills to help the imps construct it. They also have no particular tasks that need doing unless you're applying to become a Miner.

(Oh, I thought I could only choose pokelight or waitlist. I'll take embersledge then)
((You can only play as your former character; it was scapheap's spearman that got turned into Pokelight.))

Well, this is new. Seems you work for the Demon King now, and really want to make mortals suffer.

Now of course, as one of the Demon King's thralls, things are a bit different from those adventuring types. The chief thing being that you're expected to generally remain in town, serve the Demon King's wishes, and otherwise not faff about before getting yourself killed like most "heroes" are expected to do.

With all that said, you settle into the Demon King's new palace to oversee smithing efforts. You could inhabit the blacksmith if you so chose, but the Demon King has already produced and assigned one of your lesser spawn to that role, and as the blacksmith is less safe than the palace... well, there's not a lot of reason to have you there.

"Ouch... Right, think I'm gonna head back an' work on me composition, or somethin'."

>Retreat to town, relax and see what workshops there are.
You head back to town, sleeping off your wounds and examining the local artisans. Apparently the blacksmith is the only place that really qualifies as a workshop; you can sell, buy, or exchange things in the market, but not really build or craft anything.

As for the blacksmith, they allow and assist in forging weapons and armor, for a price. Each champion may carry one of each.

"Let's get this party started!"

Aid in the construction of the Miners' Guild! Then join it. If I can't help with the Miners' Guild, start digging a ditch all around town (with a generous margin for the town to expand, obviously).

((How much is "some stone", exactly?))
You lack the skills to aid the imps in their construction. Apparently they do things differently around here.

This also foils your moat-digging attempts, as you suspect you wouldn't be able to dig a useful moat.

Do you still wish to join the Miner's Guild?

((+1 attack +2 hp <- I was very tempted to choose attack instead, but then my character knows rumors on what happens when you die...

O_o))

"Right, I'll return back to town and see if anything can be done with this pelt. We'll meet...oh, ere the dawn?"

Head to the Demon King's area, to the Blacksmith, seeing what can be crafted from the Wolf Pelt - made for light armor. Also inquire on what kind of weapon can be improved/augmented by the wolf Paw in general: If deemed useless > Sell the Wolf Paw. If not (meaning it has some kind of use) then keep for the moment.

If possible, Mining here I go!

The... there's a new demon here now, a squat red thing. You're guessing it's the smith, given that it's sitting right behind an anvil and next to a forge.

Anyway, the new demon explains that they can try to craft it into whatever you like, but it's not an exact process and sometimes you'll get something completely different. He further explains that most armors work along certain lines of damage resistance, while most weapons deal a specific type of damage and then either make the user weaker to certain types of damage or slightly shred resistances to itself.

He further reminds you that all of this requires gold.

[3] There's a [5][3: Spider] rather large spider roaming around near town, but it hasn't attacked yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: [Mini-RTD] Arena of the Demon Lord [Turn 10: Constructive]
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2012, 07:38:33 am »

eep a spindlylegs..
Zap the spider from range
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2012, 08:07:18 am »

Valerios sighed. He'd rather just wait for his party to get back together.
"Hey people. If you're already rested, group up again and let's try one more run through the plains."

Wait for people to join me once again. After the group numbers at least three people, set off to find a weak monster in the Shallow Plains.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2012, 08:58:39 am »

Rest at the Guild Hall, then join the Miner's Guild. Work work. Zug zug. Dabu!
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2012, 08:59:23 am »

"I wish to join the Miners' Guild, oh please let me join! I need a job, you know. Metallic spheres aren't exactly at a high demand right now."

Join the miners' guild and get an assignment! If there's no assignment, haul my stone to the building site. Gotta help some way!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:08:36 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13