Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DWARF FORTRESS CD  (Read 2052 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DWARF FORTRESS CD
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 02:37:28 pm »

There's your solution. But you might as well burn DF itself onto that CD, then copy from that CD onto the computer you want to install it on.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 03:42:46 pm »

Step 1: Get a blank CD
Step 2: Download Dwarf Fortress into some obscure, hard-to-find folder somewhere deep in your directory
Step 3: Get a permanent marker
Step 4: Write "Dwarf Fortress" on the CD
Step 5: Make sure that this CD is in your CD-ROM Drive while you play Dwarf Fortress normally.
Step 6: Happy dads
This +1
For a file that would be good to hide things in, I usually hide stuff in my "Roaming" file. That's were I keep all my crap on my dad's computer, as its really easy to get to quickly if you know how. Just type "%appdata%" into your search bar (or run bar) in the start menu, click roaming and boom, you have a folder your father will never know how to get to (judging by his knowledge on viruses) that you can copy/paste all your crap into.

Quick heads up this only works of Windows 7 and older, so if you have Windows 8 (guessing you don't), just dig around for a good one.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:46:58 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 04:03:33 pm »

Thx guys -u helped. :D
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 04:32:29 pm »

WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 08:24:11 am »

My deepest and humblest most gratifying, exemplary fortuitous sentiments fellow denizens of the closely knit forum Bay12, your persons in mass as a general helpful crowd have aided my endeavours in a manner most constructive.
Fixed.
Fixed.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 08:44:24 am »

Step 1: Get a blank CD
Step 2: Download Dwarf Fortress into some obscure, hard-to-find folder somewhere deep in your directory
Step 3: Get a permanent marker
Step 4: Write "Dwarf Fortress" on the CD
Step 5: Make sure that this CD is in your CD-ROM Drive while you play Dwarf Fortress normally.
Step 6: Happy dads

You're going to have to make sure dads hears it spinning in the CD reader, or else he'll get suspicious!

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 10:32:25 am »

Lol
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.
Pages: 1 [2]