Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Half Life 2 Roleplay [1 Spot open to go, sign up for character creation rules]  (Read 3040 times)

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright.
I started working on a pretty simple d100 system a while ago, which is basically designed to be used in a Sci-Fi kinda Post Apocalyptic scenario after playing through HL2, Metro and watching the 2nd Season of Falling Skies, which are the three setting choices I would provide which work kind off nice with the system. I'll spread the rules and character creation to all players signing up, the system was designed to be easy to use and still provide enough complexity to allow character customisation, now, why this thread?

1. I want to see how many people participate (6 at max)
2. I want you to decide on the setting, choices being Half Life 2, Falling Skies or Metro 2033 [*Instert Humblebundle highfive here*]
3. I want to test the system I created over the last days, this will pretty much be a testing run because I'm sure theres XP costs in the need to be adjusted in order not to be overpowered etc. etc.
4. I want you to decide how the game will be executed: Done over forums, or done over a life chat (I'd prefer D20 for this, if you don't know it yet look it up) advantages and disadvantages are pretty self explanatory, forums is timezone unindependent, but it takes long to get a game runing, life chat can be damn nice just as well, but might give problems with conflicting timezones.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:40:33 pm by Pandemix »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

I'd be slightly interested if it was HL2. Also you can use roll20.net for the live chat-it's free, online and requires no port fudging.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

I would be interested as well however my comp can't handle live chat (no matter what I do) so I'll only able to play the forum way. setting wise I know what what with hl2, basic gist of Metro 2033 and know nothing of Falling Skies so Half life 2.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile

I am also interested in this, but due to timezone (Australian Eastern), might be a better if it was a forum one, also i would like to do a metro 2033 just because i am a fan for it (Played the games and i hope i can find a English version for the book)but i do not mind the theme being hl2
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:43:00 pm by Evilsx »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to play as well, I'd prefer falling skies but I know the other two games as well.

I'd say forum game as well time zones are to big an issue normally for live chats.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be interested with any setting, but only after the 10th, when i finish my exams.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quiet little push before i'm in bed, as far as I didn't leave a vote it seems we're heading towards HL2 right now.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shame.
Half life is the most boring of them but ahh well it'll still be good.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:50:21 pm by mesor »

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, Half Life 2 it is,  more questions coming towards yo so I can write up things to send out character creation guides, do you want to start as/with:

1)
a) Regular citizens
b) Recently joined Resistance Members
c) Veteran Rebels

2)
a) In a urban area
b) In a sub-urban area
c) In the wilderness
d) It's a goddamn Desert!

3)
a) Nearly no Firearms (Knives, Bows, Stones)
b) Some Firearms (Some pistols, not for everyone at the start though, a crappy rifle here and there able to be bought)
c) Basic Rebel Equipment (A rifle here and there, SMGs, Pistols)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1a 2b 3b
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1a (Because character development is cooler this way.)
2a (Cities are ‼FUN‼)
3b (But we don't want to die too soon)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1B
2A
3C

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1A
2B
3B it is then, working on the abilities and weapon starter stuff tiill tomorrow, stay tuned.

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rulebook for character creation is ready. If you want to sign up, do it now and I'll send out the creation.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello. *sign*
Pages: [1] 2 3