Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: PokeMMO (Pokemon gotta catchem all!)  (Read 6469 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
PokeMMO (Pokemon gotta catchem all!)
« on: December 04, 2012, 12:58:24 pm »

http://pokemmo.eu/

Not much to say. But if you like the pokemon games for gameboy and DS and wanted it in online form...you'll have fun with this. Granted, it is still rather early in development. Still some things not put in or finished, and a lot of features to still be added.

Played about an hour, and had a blast. Quite an active game, as well.

Here are a couple of ChristonianA's videos on it (how I found the game in the first place)

part one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuR7jb7vT9s&feature=g-user-u
part two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O1dNLbbl84&feature=g-user-u
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
Re: PokeMMO (Pokemon gotta catchem all!)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 04:22:22 pm »

This is pretty pleasant, to find not one but two completely unrelated but ambitious Pokémon online projects, one of them rendered in chunky, voxelific 3D and this one.

Unfortunately, we might be watching soon a few Cease and Desist letters from Nintendo, and although the 3D one doesn't charge you anything to play, the one that's being promoted in this post has a somewhat... Murky way of getting through.

Let's see what the community has to offer on this one.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 06:39:51 pm »

This is pretty pleasant, to find not one but two completely unrelated but ambitious Pokémon online projects, one of them rendered in chunky, voxelific 3D and this one.

Unfortunately, we might be watching soon a few Cease and Desist letters from Nintendo, and although the 3D one doesn't charge you anything to play, the one that's being promoted in this post has a somewhat... Murky way of getting through.

Let's see what the community has to offer on this one.

wow thanks never heard of this till now trying it out now

and thanks vendayn for the video example

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:05:38 pm »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 09:08:31 pm »

I am basically just waiting for it to be shut down.

Even though Pokemon never seems to do anything really all that great with its license other then a Pokemon cardgame (which I hear is finally breaking down due to power creep)

Mind you... I guess there is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and the Turn based strategy RPG game.

and if you REALLY like it... Pokemon Snap
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:31:56 pm by Neonivek »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 03:08:16 am »

Do you reckon a DFC playthrough could be an entertaining thing? We get some people to cruise through this game as a group and generally kick ass? ((Maybe with voicechat?))
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 03:17:47 am »

I could get behind that, except the group mechanic in the game is pretty much just a private chat and a visual marker of people in your group, IIRC. May have been changed since I last played, but there wasn't anything in place for cool things like double battles or anything interesting like that.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 12:08:14 pm »

Still, it could be fun to just power through the story as a group and say "Yeah, we're awesome like that." Team DFC for the win?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:16:47 pm by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 12:39:59 pm »

I could get behind that, too.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 12:45:37 pm »

Ok, I declare we make this happen at... How is everyone's Saturday? At around 3PM GMT?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »

I foresee a Cease and Desist followed by rapid sprite swapping and a Ctrl+F on every usage of "Poke" with "Tiny" and "mon" with "beast" in this games future =P

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 01:03:38 pm »

This and World have been around for a while and no one cared I think they be fine
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 02:24:52 pm »

This and World have been around for a while and no one cared I think they be fine

So long as they don't seek money, but as soon as they try and profit off of it the lawyers will come down on them like a poorly thought-out simile.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:29:12 pm by MorleyDev »

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 02:39:54 pm »

Well, PokeMMO has a "donation" option, for a couple perks (a bit more exp and something else, nothing game breaking at all).

Not sure if its true for everything...but at least for Bethesda and modders...on Nexus people can "donate" to said modder and it is legal. Because its a "donation" and not a "fee"...I've seen "donations" used elsewhere where generally it wouldn't be allowed. But is, because its a "donation". Granted, copyright isn't really the same...

In any case...would be a rather big shame of it got closed down. But it has been up for a while (think it was released early this year?), unless its just gone missed. But, its as addicting as I remember it being :P I never played any version besides FireRed on the Gameboy...but man...think I was in middleschool and I literally spent 6 months on it and still didn't get everything :P

Might as well have fun with it while its running, and who knows, maybe it will stay up.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 03:14:13 pm »

I'll be up for it I'm Alkhemia just made my account
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: [1] 2 3