Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Increasing the Z-level height cap?  (Read 357 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Increasing the Z-level height cap?
« on: December 04, 2012, 12:53:23 pm »

Is it possible to increase the constuction height cap higher than the +15z above the highest point on the map? If so, is there any way to do it in an existing fortress?
I have been trying to construct a megaproject tower fortress but only realized the z-level cap after already spending too much time on it to start from a scratch. Bah, should have know that a flat embark site was a bad idea.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing the Z-level height cap?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:48:56 pm »

Yes it is possible to edit the map height above the highest point above the ground with the "Levels above ground" setting in advanced world gen. It is not, however, possible to do it with a current world. (though as that setting doesn't affect anything during world generation you could regenerate a duplicate of the world (minus any fortresses you have) with the raised height limit and then embark in the same spot.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.