Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infections and Night Creatures  (Read 1560 times)

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infections and Night Creatures
« on: December 03, 2012, 11:58:45 pm »

My adventurer caught an infection and after reading up on some threads, I could gather that there's no natural way to cure infections and that turning into a werewolf will cure the infection when transforming.

However, it seems no one could confirm if turning into a vampire or a necromancer would prevent the infection from killing you. Does anyone know the answer to this now?

Failing that though, and I know this is probably a modding question, but is there a way to simply edit the adventure mode save fil and get rid of the infection in there?

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infections and Night Creatures
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 03:37:31 am »

Heh, the easiest way to heal infection is to mod nails to actually heal then fast-travel. :)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 03:44:24 am »

It is entirely possible that the infection has no effect on you during the the time adventure. In fort mode I had a dwarf who took several in-game years to actually die after getting the infection.
Becoming a necro does not heal wounds, but maybe it prevents the infection from killing you.
You could also try to retire the adventurer and then reactivate him, that way I got some serious wounds to heal to scars in one adventure.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:49:06 pm »

Or, do this for science. . .  become one and report your findings.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 09:00:30 am »

My adventurer caught an infection and after reading up on some threads, I could gather that there's no natural way to cure infections and that turning into a werewolf will cure the infection when transforming.

However, it seems no one could confirm if turning into a vampire or a necromancer would prevent the infection from killing you. Does anyone know the answer to this now?

Failing that though, and I know this is probably a modding question, but is there a way to simply edit the adventure mode save fil and get rid of the infection in there?
Ah the infection.

No, you cannot cure yourself. Yes, you'll still be infected but then you won't die from it if you shift to Vamp, unsure if Necro though.

And there is one natural way of healing from infection.

Culling by blade. Retire yourself, then have a new adventurer cut the body part off :P

No, you cannot specifically edit an adventurer in-game file from the save folder on the specific infection area and get it out.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 09:33:02 am »

No, you cannot specifically edit an adventurer in-game file from the save folder on the specific infection area and get it out.

You sort of can. The reason adventurers get infections to begin with while everything else heals magically is nails not having a healing rate (and thus staying split open forever). Just fix that in the raws for the save and it will heal up the next time you fast travel.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 09:36:02 am »

Will it?  in a current infection?  I was under the impression that they don't. . . hunh.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 09:39:33 am »

Yup, instant heal.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 12:25:29 pm »

You sort of can. The reason adventurers get infections to begin with while everything else heals magically is nails not having a healing rate (and thus staying split open forever). Just fix that in the raws for the save and it will heal up the next time you fast travel.

Where in the raws would you find that? I've had dwarfs dying in fort mode from broken nails, which seemed kinda stupid, so I would be interested in that.

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 08:57:12 pm »

Just another question. Do necromancer still gain attributes? I know vampires don't, not too sure about werebeasts though.

Also, I want to clear this tower of all the undead after I read the slab and killed all the enemy necromancers. Is there a way to skip the "Confirm attack" message?

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 10:22:40 pm »

Where in the raws would you find that? I've had dwarfs dying in fort mode from broken nails, which seemed kinda stupid, so I would be interested in that.

Raw, objects, tissue_template_default.txt

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 06:44:46 am »

Raw, objects, tissue_template_default.txt

Thank you, I'll give that a try.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 03:30:59 pm »

Save?This never happened to me in my playtime ever.