Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Roll To Bard: Turn Four: De-Genericized!  (Read 7465 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Bard: Turn Two: CRITICAL HIT!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:09 am »

((Oh wow. I totally miss this. Hooray.))

Spoiler: Waitlist Me. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 04:56:18 pm by Tiruin »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 11:26:28 am »

Belphegor will try and burst into a sonata about the frivolities of fighting a fire elemental, and the horrible dangers it holds!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 11:37:32 am »

((Post to watch and possibly waitlist.
Reserve for now.

Tad busy to make a character sheet.

Edit: Definitely want in on this one. Your weirdness, snark, and redundancy have not gone unappreciated, Author. I wouldn't think of it.

Name: Arefu
Appearance: Average height, weight, facial features, and every oth- Oh, wait. That's the other guy. I'm six feet, eight inches, easily thirty pounds overweight, giant ears, and a lazy eye.
Personality: Cloud Cuckoolander
Backstory: I lost the records. I think it was something about incendiary cake, a baseball bat, and sixty-two armadilloes....
Fantasy Race: Human
Class: Bard/Bard
Performance Skill: Slapshtick
Weapon of Choice: Small Stick

STATS:
BRAWN - 1
BOUNCINESS - 3
BULK - 1
BRAINS - 0
BARDLINESS - 2

))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:11:13 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 01:03:19 pm »

Hope unsheathed her BFS and swung it at the back of one of the guards preoccupied with the fire elemental.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 02:43:16 pm »

Acceus frowned at the new arrivals. They had just successfully conducted diplomacy and furthered the way of peace through their actions, but the flunkies that had just appeared seemed more resolute in their mission to destroy music and arts. That was most certainly disturbing, and a problem to him.

"Recently-arrived gentlemen, I can see you are in no mood to talk." he said, drawing both his swords and entering a combat stance "Let us see if the clash of steel is a better language for all of us."

Cast Haste and draw both scimitars, protecting both converted flunkies by attacking any enemy targetting them.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 04:31:58 pm »

sneak back in and hit a hostile flunky over the back of the head with a bottle

lights out buddy
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:18:36 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 08:11:45 pm »

Just waiting on GreatWyrmGold.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 09:55:43 pm »

Sorry about that.

"Plan A may still work...better prepare B, though..."

Compliment Belphegor on the fire elemental and suggest he dismiss it.
Offer to share a plan for keeping fed to any other minstrels in the area that want to hear my plan.

((Could you at least read off, say, the definition for "creative merriment?" It's kinda vital to my plan.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 07:41:23 pm »

"Alright, hurgh, I'm alright now, stay away, people. Just gotta... play some music, you know."

Beat the everloving crap out of one of the more hostile guards. Sneak attack if possible.

Morda stands up, shaking off the booze. She swings her cello once again [Brawn: 3+0] [Guard's Bounciness: 6-1] [Crit?: 6], but the guard leaps nimbly out of the way, and manages a swing at her with his own sword. [Bounciness: 6-1] [Crit?: 2] [M's Bounciness: 4-1] He hits Morda in the side, dealing [5] damage!

Belphegor will try and burst into a sonata about the frivolities of fighting a fire elemental, and the horrible dangers it holds!

[Bardliness: 5+2] [Guards' Brains: 2-1] Belphegor bursts into song, accompanied by his harp. The guards hear his warnings, and are terrified out of their wits. They back away from the elemental a bit, almost to the walls, trying to get far away from it without losing sight or leaving the inn.. The one who got hit seems to be less afraid; it didn't really harm him much at all.

Hope unsheathed her BFS and swung it at the back of one of the guards preoccupied with the fire elemental.

As the guards back away from the elemental in terror, the unharmed one passes right by Hope. She takes the opening, and slices at his back with her sword. [Brawn: 6+1] [Crit?: 6] [Damage: (1+1)x2= 4] She surprisingly doesn't do much damage, even though she struck almost at the base of his neck; the guard is stunned by the strike, however, and cannot do anything in response. +1 XP for Hope!

Acceus frowned at the new arrivals. They had just successfully conducted diplomacy and furthered the way of peace through their actions, but the flunkies that had just appeared seemed more resolute in their mission to destroy music and arts. That was most certainly disturbing, and a problem to him.

"Recently-arrived gentlemen, I can see you are in no mood to talk." he said, drawing both his swords and entering a combat stance "Let us see if the clash of steel is a better language for all of us."

Cast Haste and draw both scimitars, protecting both converted flunkies by attacking any enemy targetting them.

[Brains: 1+1] [Crit Fail?: 4] Your spell sputters and fails; guess you didn't put enough oomph in it. Your new friends draw their swords at the same time as you, and advance on the enemy guards. The seem to realize that they've been outclassed, and make a break for the door.

sneak back in and hit a hostile flunky over the back of the head with a bottle

lights out buddy

As the flunkies dash for the door, they are surprised by an angry barefoot halfling. He leaps up, and swings an empty bottle of the one in the lead. [Bounciness: 3+1] [Guard's Bounciness: 5-1] The bottle bounces off the side of the guard's head, dealing [4] damage! He is addled, but manages to dash out the door. The other one is still stunned, but is slowly making his way towards the exit. Unfortunately, this takes him past the fire elemental, who swings at him with a flaming fist! [Bounciness: 3+1] [G's Bounciness: 5-2] Because of his addled state, the guard is hit! He takes [3] damage, and falls to the floor, unconscious ad slightly singed.

Sorry about that.

"Plan A may still work...better prepare B, though..."

Compliment Belphegor on the fire elemental and suggest he dismiss it.
Offer to share a plan for keeping fed to any other minstrels in the area that want to hear my plan.

((Could you at least read off, say, the definition for "creative merriment?" It's kinda vital to my plan.))

"Creative Merriment shall be defined as any action which contains an element of creativity (either on the part of the actor or on the part of some other person in the past) and which has as its main purpose entertainment, frivolity, amusement, or any other foolishness (defined in statute 867.53, section 09). This includes music, theater, comedy, dancing, poetry, storytelling, and many other useless artistic pursuits. Exceptions may be made for purely educational works that require a creative element, such as woodcuts in books of science, but if the primary aim is merriment, any creative pursuit is forbidden."

You just beat up some guys who tried to kill the music. Most of the remaining people in the inn are staring at you in amazement. What do you do?

Belphegor: HP 10/10. Dark and Brooding Corner.
Malkil: HP 10/10. Near the door.
Hope: HP 10/10. Middle of the room.
Gimblewit: HP 10/10. By the door.
Acceus: HP 15/15. Near the wall.
Morda: HP 20/25. Center of the room.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Bard: Turn Three: Scared Straight
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 07:50:40 pm »

"Oy, muscles! Call off the living flame and gather around! Who wants to become professional historians? I'M TALKING TO YOU LOT! Geez, what's a mage got to do to get someone to pay attention?"

Cast a major image which creates an illusion of a roaring, fire-breathing dragon to get more people to pay attention to my idea. Besides, I'm falling behind on XP, I don't want to be the weakest because I don't do anything that requires rolls.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:12:54 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 07:52:35 pm »

Hope looted the downed guard. Because someone has to.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 08:04:11 pm »

Acceus put both his swords away and smiled, taking out his saxophone. It was time for some musical healing, and he was the man for it.

"Hold still and I'll start this merry tune of healing, miss. Or at least I hope it'll work, I am deeply sorry if it doesn't." he says, preparing his instrument for a small session of smooth (healing) jazz to cure Morda's wounds.

He also turns to the screaming female gnome with a smile. "We are listening to you, miss. If you wanted to get your plan across, just tell us, there is no charm in having a fit."

Cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Morda, but keep an eye on the shouting person.

If the major image is summoned, shrug and leave the tavern. Not in the mood for hissy fits.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 09:17:16 pm »

bind the guard then find a nice private corner and count my ill gotten gains.

((i wanted to loot the guard but you beat me to it :P

also how does armor work? Is it damage reduction based on material and quality or is it just a cosmetic thing?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 10:08:46 pm »

Belphegor will seize the opportunity, and order the Elemental to kill the terrified guards!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 11:01:49 pm »

((uhh... Why did you roll for a crti against morda when the guard got a 6-1, shouldnt that have only been a major success?))

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4