Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: FarCry 3  (Read 9373 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: FarCry 3
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2012, 07:10:10 am »

Now another question, should I get this for haxbox, or hold out until I get a new PC and Buyrate it then?

Mainly wondering if the PC version is likely to be significantly enhanced over the console one.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2012, 08:18:12 am »

Anything you can get for console and PC both will be better on the computer especially FPS due to the controls.
Not to mention that if you wait you will get it at a reduced price.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2012, 11:45:27 am »

Are you sure its Malay? Just from the videos, a bunch of the NPCs seemed to be greeting the player in Maori.

Back on topic, I tryed the game a little bit at my mates. The combat and missions seemed fun enough but I didn't really play it long enough to make a fully fledged opinon on it.
It's 100% Malay. But I wouldn't be surprised if they mixed up all kinds of "exotic" stuff they could find. :P

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2012, 02:53:16 pm »

While I'm enjoying the game a lot, I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't any survival aspects. It's kind of just an FPS set in a jungle, but it could of been so much more. It's still one of the best shooters I've played in awhile though.
Anything you can get for console and PC both will be better on the computer especially FPS due to the controls.
Not to mention that if you wait you will get it at a reduced price.
I really have to disagree with the whole FPS genre being better on PC thing. Yeah, a mouse is going to be better for performance but if you're just playing the game single-player your aim is not going to be noticeably better. It's only competitive multiplayer titles that really benefit from it (unless you care about ultra max graphics etc). Although, I guess FC3 does have multiplayer. Do people actually care about that though? Aside from that I think it would actually be easier to play with a gamepad since some of the UI is a tad bit console-ized combined with the button mashing sequences.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2012, 03:00:30 pm »

Yeah, a mouse is going to be better for performance but if you're just playing the game single-player your aim is not going to be noticeably better.
You get more accurate, especially at distances. but if you like being in their faces then it does not really matter no

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2012, 03:14:31 pm »

Hopefully they have mod support. I wanna see a mod to make it hardcore like STALKER. That would make it epic imo. Granted I haven't even bought it yet (not till Christmas)...but the idea still remains :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2012, 03:43:31 pm »

Yeah, iv been playing it on hard and it feel preatty normal/easy.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2012, 09:31:16 am »

So, Ubisoft is working on a patch to follow up with customer feedback, to let you toggle UI elements (particularly the popups that are apparently annoying everyone).
Wait, Ubisoft is a) listening to customers b) improving their game after release and c) have made what everyone is calling a bang up game.
Huh.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2012, 09:51:45 am »

I have watched the Let's Play and it seems like Just Cause 2 - Grappling hook - Air vehicles + Crafting.

Will definitely get it when the price has gone down.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2012, 09:56:08 am »

Has anyone mucked about in the editor yet? I couldn't find any way other than using in the launcher in the directory to use it, but it's pretty cool. There's tons of stuff to plant down (including vehicles and AI) and terrain shaping is alright. Only problem is it keeps crashing and there's no autosave function, very annoying.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2012, 10:30:44 am »

but if you're just playing the game single-player your aim is not going to be noticeably better. It's only competitive multiplayer titles that really benefit from it (unless you care about ultra max graphics etc).
This is incorrect. It will be noticeably better, no question. What i think your trying to say is "does it matter in single player". Which is up to the individual to decide.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2012, 04:04:25 pm »

The only reason people feel like consoles are equal to pcs for FPSs is because 90% of console FPS have hefty auto aim (example, COD actually snaps your aim directly on to the center of mass of the closest target when you use ironsights..

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2012, 06:11:52 pm »

While I respect your opinions, I still strongly disagree. Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing people bash consoles for FPS when there's virtually no difference in how you end up playing the game- except, as I said, in highly competitive multiplayer scenarios. You're not going to go into a singleplayer firefight and lose the battle because you're on console unless you are simply bad at using a controller. That's not the console's fault, it's yours.

Has anyone mucked about in the editor yet? I couldn't find any way other than using in the launcher in the directory to use it, but it's pretty cool. There's tons of stuff to plant down (including vehicles and AI) and terrain shaping is alright. Only problem is it keeps crashing and there's no autosave function, very annoying.
I didn't even realize there was an editor. That actually gives me some hope that the game might develop some community fixes to some of the things I wish the game included.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2012, 07:26:04 pm »

While I respect your opinions, I still strongly disagree. Quite frankly I'm tired of hearing people bash consoles for FPS when there's virtually no difference in how you end up playing the game- except, as I said, in highly competitive multiplayer scenarios. You're not going to go into a singleplayer firefight and lose the battle because you're on console unless you are simply bad at using a controller. That's not the console's fault, it's yours.

I didn't even realize there was an editor. That actually gives me some hope that the game might develop some community fixes to some of the things I wish the game included.

I'm not really bashing, you just have more control with your whole hand than with your thumb. It's much easier to move a mouse percisly, than to flick a thumbstick percisly, and you're quicker at it too. We're used to using our whole hand to do things, so we've naturally trained the percision in to it, the thumb is usually just a grasper.
At least that's my view of it, you may well be better with the thumbstick. I imagine some people would take to it much easier than others, maybe my thumbs are just slow.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2012, 07:40:41 pm »

I'm not really bashing, you just have more control with your whole hand than with your thumb. It's much easier to move a mouse percisly, than to flick a thumbstick percisly, and you're quicker at it too. We're used to using our whole hand to do things, so we've naturally trained the percision in to it, the thumb is usually just a grasper.
At least that's my view of it, you may well be better with the thumbstick. I imagine some people would take to it much easier than others, maybe my thumbs are just slow.

There is definitely a generation of gamers who were raised on thumbsticks. Those who's first console was anything after the PS1. The PS1 was my first console, and while I do enjoy playing games on my PC and have a pretty sweet gaming rig for doing just that, I will always prefer controllers. Though I personally am a unique case; I suffer from hypermobility which makes it hard to move my entire hand accurately. However, my thumbs are no problem. I've been playing with controllers so long and so much that my thumbs are actually longer than most people, and I will beat you under the table in a thumb war :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7