Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: You are Divinity!  (Read 5504 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: You are Divinity!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 09:19:09 pm »

A shadowy figure crouched on a rooftop overlooking one of Rothinea's biggest squares. He stood up, took a step off the rooftop and dissapeared. He then reappeared next to a fruit-sellers stall. So this is where I run too, some "emerging city on the fringes of proper civilization. Fifty damned years of working and living on the tower only to have some idoit Lightbringers burn it down. I wouldn't even be here unless he felt the Gate. It pulls at me like an old friend and drives me ever forward into danger. I'll find it and discover my true potential. Let's see how those Lightbringers like The Shade...Shitfuckers He promptly beings to laugh as he walks away from a terrified fruit-seller.
((Hmmmm...I feel like I may have too much angst on him. At last as time goes on he'll get less sane and less human.))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 10:08:35 pm »

((I could do without the lines like a mouthpiece. Also, even if he's out of armor, he usually keeps at least a piece of it on his person, which is most likely than not a pauldron with a segmented arm protection.))

Sesvin is calm and collected, usually a man of few - and usually pleasant - words and an unbreakable will and resolve which may make him appear stubborn from time to time as he sets his mind on something. He has been training, his mind always focused on obtaining power; he himself doesn't know why he pursues power or when he started to do it, but he does know he has to have it. Maybe for the drive of the search in itself - a quest to discover what he really wants from the world, with the side benefit of having means to get it in the end.

The dragoon also helps the people within his reach; even if he doesn't happen to be a hero, he has no problem in assisting the people he comes across and striking down the wicked. He doesn't feel overjoyed by it, but it does give him a sense of warmth, and it is one of the few things he cherishes in his inconcise, uncertain life. Sesvin likes to help in chores and small household tasks of the common folk when he has already spent some of his time trained and decided for some time of rest. He is usually methodical and focused when performing a task.

The young man protects the weak, for he feels death may be a path to Oblivion and thus lives must be spared. The wicked also have the right to live, but depending on their crimes, their claim to life is weaker; and thus they have accepted the risks of treading the path.

He has occasional bouts of cheerfulness.

((I could add more, but I may decide to RP more of him later and I don't want to trap myself.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:59:49 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 10:57:03 pm »

He is happiest when setting puppies on fire and turning kittens inside out.
Let's see how those Lightbringers like The Shade...

Well, this duo seems to be firmly entrenched in evil. Maybe we should recruit more people and have a good vs evil conflict.

((I could do without the lines like a mouthpiece. Also, even if he's out of armor, he usually keeps at least a piece of it in his person, which is most likely than not a pauldron.))

I'll keep that in mind when drawing him next time.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 11:00:17 pm »

((Edited my post. Mostly to correct a gramatic error, though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 11:36:32 pm »

((Again Nikalas isn't really evil. He enjoys scaring the shit out of the plebs but anyone who can rise up from their fears and face him gains his respect and patronage. These peple usually become leaders in his church and lead the common folk to "cast off their fears and become the Brave." The Shade was the first Nikalas's home plane. A place that mimicked the real world in geography only. Humans were represented by 2d cutouts with their worst fear hiding behind them. If one enters the Shade they find they can't turn around to face their fears unless under a powerful spell or if they have great willpower.))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 12:53:21 am »

Again Nikalas isn't really evil.

Just a word of advice; for most definitions of evil, randomly scaring the shit out of people for your own amusement is about as evil as, say, poking an unsuspecting bystander with a sharp stick so you can giggle about how funny the squeaking noise they made was. More petty than evil, but definitely south of neutral.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 12:57:41 am »

(( I will make a post in 6~7 hours. Sorry about that delay, but I need to go in the university.  :P

But damn, the pictures look nifty, I must say. ))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 05:18:22 am »

((My picture is spot on to what I was thinking of, well done mindreader.))

Niteris Lues or Nit as most called him (if they saw him in the first place) was normally a simple man. Stealing things that caught his eyes without thinking what the outcome would be a example of this. However he came to this city for one reason, revenge on a former partner. Pedor had tipped the guards to a resent heist. Nit evaded the law-men but Pedor had made off with the loot in the meanwhile.

But enough of the present Nit past is important if you want to know why he came a thief. Born of a con-man and a whore of the thug-town Morbridge, Nit childhood was short learning to steal whatever to survive almost as soon as he could walk. It was little wonder that Nit left that ramshackle place as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:46:01 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 06:28:38 pm »

But damn, the pictures look nifty, I must say.
My picture is spot on to what I was thinking of, well done mindreader.

Thanks! And Dragor, don't worry about delays; I'm in no rush.

Also, we have Germaina still missing. I think I'm going to re-open sign-ups so we can have more opportunities for conflict and adventure. To anybody considering joining, just post a character description, domain(s), and what he or she is doing in the city!

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Divinity! Looking for players!
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 06:55:09 pm »

Bersiano trod towards the city from the south, watching the environment and following the migratory trails of the local wildlife.  The settlement came upon him rather unexpectedly, so he decided too go and take a look around, gauging whether the inhabitants were impacting the surroundings in a negative or irreversible way.

It has been years since he last stood inside a village of any sort, usually making whatever he needed himself.  He remembers little of his childhood, and all he does involves him running through the forest either hunting or learning the basics of survival.  He has no idea why his mind decides to wander in that direction, maybe the thought of human contact is affecting his subconscious.  He quickly shrugs it off and approaches the gate.  Once he is able to see the guards, he shoulders his bow and slows his gait to avoid the appearance of hostility.  Humans seem to be rather quick to frighten in his experience, and often look at him over their shoulders.  They normally also quicken their strides.  Marvelous creatures.

He sets his gaze upon the build of the city, taking a mental note of each of the building materials used and the relation each has to the surrounding environment.  It may take him a bit, but he fully intends to make sure the populace is aware of their building limits before the wildlife becomes harmed.

((Looks good, was planning on having some claw marks decorating the face, but are not necessary.))

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 07:10:40 pm »

((Looks good, was planning on having some claw marks decorating the face, but are not necessary.))

Gah, sorry! I even had them in the sketch, but I missed them in the final draft. I think I was planning on just having a discoloration without outlines, so it probably got left out when shading was messed up. I'll be sure to add them in future drawings.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 08:04:08 pm »

Can I join? I posted mine right after you did that edit about not taking anymore applications on the 1st page.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 08:15:22 pm »

Of course! Sorry I kinda cut you off earlier...

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 10:33:38 pm »

Updated my character one the first page.

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Divinity! Rothinea needs heroes/villians! (Looking for players)
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 11:13:56 pm »

Hadrian Atarkis
Class: Clockwork Technomancer
Domain: !!SCIENCE!!
Description: A manic inventor with a flair for the dramatic, Atarkis stands about 6' 3", with a rail-thin build. His hair is an untamed shock of flaming red, and his eyes, rarely seen behind smoked glass goggles, are an incandescent orange. He wears a humming arcanotech engine on his back, a feat of miniaturization never before seen. Power cables link the oversized gauntlet on his left hand to the device, and another leads up to his goggles. A heavy longcoat of his own design hides the lightweight body armor that sheaths him from neck to toes.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7