Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: You are Divinity!  (Read 5499 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are Divinity!
« on: December 02, 2012, 05:20:38 pm »

Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the Hero, there is no Event.

--   Zurin Arctus

You are one of the few and mighty. You may have been given abilities beyond those of most mortals by a god or devil. You may have been born with them. Whatever the case may be, it's apparent that you are unique, destined for something more than a life of simple labor. If you were a warrior, you would be stronger than the greatest mortal fighter. If you were a thief, you would be more nimble than the cleverest mortal heister. If you were a sorcerer, you would be more powerful than the most ancient of mortal archmages.

The question is, who are you?

This is a multiplayer RP, wherein you all make characters and choose a domain for your powers. Once you've made a character, I'll draw them for you to yea or nay their look and we'll set off on your adventures (it'll be illustrated, which is why I want to make sure you're all happy with the appearance of your people).

The setting is a Renaissance fantasy world, with all the associated trappings. If you want some sort of plot hook associated with your character, PM me and I'll fit it in.

Players:
Caellath: Sesvin Talahar, Dragoon of Oblivion.
Corai: Idem Valan, Sorcerer of Cruelty.
Scapheap: Niteris Lues, Thief of Plague.
Germaina: Bersiano Gorath, Ranger of Nature.
Mcclay: Nikalas, Mage of Fear and Bravery.
Dragor23: Cesare Dalirio, Warrior of Thanatos.
Jaass: Lemminkäinen Ahti, Sorcerer of the Arcane.
Kazymir: Hadrian Atarkis, Genius of !!SCIENCE!!
Rolepgeek: Istriti Durtiph, Smith-Priest of the Forge God.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:48:53 pm by Araph »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Divinity!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:27:15 pm »

Seems interesting.

Sesvin Talahar
Dragoon Class (agile user of medium to heavy armor and polearms, favoring quick movement, precise and deadly strikes along with leaping attacks)
Domain of Oblivion
Description: Sesvin's armor has an almost eerie silver color to it; it is both protective and concealing, plate armor coupled with chainmail hidden underneath and backed by gray and white garments, with the odd brown leather part appearing here and there. His helmet is smooth and featureless except for an engraving of his Domain's symbol, a circle with a diagonal line running across it. Although Sesvin almost never takes off his helmet, his face is young and his eyes are green but his long, straight hair is of a silvery gray, as if he had aged prematurely; his body is fit, being 6'1" tall and weighting around 180lbs. The weapons usually seen on his person are a halberd which seems to be made entirely from metal and several types of simple spears - half of them long and half short - bundled and tied to his back horizontally, under his travelling backpack.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:13:30 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 05:30:36 pm »

Seems fun. I'm going to screw this up so badly...

Idem Valan. Sorcerer with the domain of Cruelty

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Description:

A tall, extremely pale and thin elf that lacks any form of muscles with deep blue eyes. A red hood covers his head which sports long straight silver hair. A medium sized scar covers his right eye.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:53:29 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 05:35:46 pm »

Niteris Lues known as Nit to his friends, thief with the domain of plague.

A green eyes, blond hair, thin man. nearly always got his hood up. wears fingerless gloves and sandles.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:56:51 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 05:39:06 pm »

Bersiano Gorrath
Hunter (Archery, Bow Making, Survival)
Domain-Nature

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 05:39:51 pm »

Nikalas
Mage with the dual domains of Fear and Bravery.
He is a tall man clothed in red robes with what looks like a fedora covering his head. The shadow of the hat obscures his face totally. If someone were to look under the shadows they would see a shadowy face with glowing red eyes and a grinning mouth. (Araph, you know Armok's avatar? His face is basically that.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:25:30 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 05:40:38 pm »

Cesare Dalirio
 Swordman (light armor and sword)
 the Domain of Thanatos.

Cesare Dalirio, a tall and sleek man, like a young spruce. Curled, brown hair, which is wild and flowing over his shoulders highlights his brown, sly-looking eyes. A straigth nose, not terribly small and a slighty crooked mouth. Perfectly human, because he is one... At least in looks.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:49:56 pm by Dragor23 »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 05:42:10 pm »

I'm going to screw this up so badly...

Calling BS on that, here and now. :P

We just make up the domain names, right?

Pretty much. Bear in mind that the domain isn't quite like in DnD where you get a specific set of powers that can be used at regular intervals. It's just a theme for your superhuman abilities.

Niteris Lues known as Nit to his friends, thief with the domain of plague

I don't mean to be rude, but I've noticed that you tend to have some errors with grammar and punctuation. For all I know, English might be a second language or something, but I'd appreciate it if you make an effort to write well. This game is rather role-playing focused.

Also, would all of you mind describing your characters' appearance? Backgrounds aren't too important right now unless you want me to fit something into the plot.

FAKE NINJA EDIT: Argh! I've been deluged in a torrent of posts! I think I'm going to ask that we start with just the six people who have posted characters now, and if I can handle the art requirements, I'll re-open applications.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 05:43:09 pm »

Mage with the dual domains of Fear and Bravery.

I think we should avoid dual domains, for obvious reasons.

@GM: Ok, I'm editing my first post.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 05:44:16 pm »

Lemminkäinen Ahti
Sorcerer with the Domain of the Arcane.

Physical Description: brown hair with green streaks, green eyes, and brown beard. He has numerous scars on his across his body that usually circling around his joints. He also has a metallic bracelet of unknown origins cover his most of his right wrist. He also has a tattoo(chain) that starts from the bracelet, wrapped around his arm and twist around most of his torso ending at his left shoulder blade.

Purpose: He was drawn to Rothinea due to such a bright aura that is surrounding this city, also for it mage's guild.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:32:06 pm by jaass »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 05:45:26 pm »

Do we have to look strictly human or can we...deviate.

Also I'm planning something eith the dula dominions, the charcter xonpect for Nikalas needs it.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 05:47:18 pm »

Niteris Lues known as Nit to his friends, thief with the domain of plague

I don't mean to be rude, but I've noticed that you tend to have some errors with grammar and punctuation. For all I know, English might be a second language or something, but I'd appreciate it if you make an effort to write well. This game is rather role-playing focused.
sorry I'm dyslexic so sometime I miss some things
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 05:49:13 pm »

If the domains are related (like fear and bravery), I'm cool with that.

Also, we have an evil-seeming group so far. Oblivion, Cruelty, Plague, Fear, and Death. Oh, and then Nature, the odd one out.

sorry I'm dyslexic so sometime I miss some things

It's fine if it's just a few mistakes, but there are some basic things (capitalizing the first word of a sentence and punctuation at the end would be a good place to start) that wouldn't be unreasonable to expect.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 05:50:53 pm »

It's Thanatos! The soft death! It's different.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 05:52:41 pm »

So... The prospect of death? The fear of death? The inexorability of death?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7