New Fort
- 12 (38.7%)
Use my old, 11 year fort so we can skip straight to the fun part
- 5 (16.1%)
Other (post)
- 6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)  (Read 13199 times)

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2012, 12:41:12 am »

18th sandstone

military training started today with 3 squads 1 of 4 axe dwarfs 1 of 3 spear and the 3rd of 5 sworddwarves, they have weapons and sheields but no real armour yet

11th timber
more migrants are pop is up to 53!
so far our low wealth has kept away more dangerous enimies then the theivs, but with our industries starting up this is soon to change

19th Timber
the dwarven leason and caravan have arived i am going to trade for mor booze and food

20th timber
the trading was excelent, they shaw paid a bundle for those old clothes.

11th moonstone
our larders are now well stocked. with over 500 units of drink and 1600 total food, i beleive the hard times of earlier this year are over. the military is well established and the defensises are up, i have even begun building a bunker over the drawbridge for marksdwarves. after 2 dwarves were injured by wildlife i have decideced to build a hospital to help prevent further injuries, however i will not have time to produce soap this year.

26th moonstone
an engraver has been possesed hopefuly he makes something of use

3rd of opal

rats just a toy hammer

3rd of obsideon
my time as oversear has nearly ended and i can honestly say i have made the fort a better place because of it. we now have enough food and drink, and nobody is depreased, we havent had someone go beserk and try to kill everybody in months. We are now safe not only behind walls and traps but a strong army. i have decided to retire to the newest part of my legacy the hospital and become cheif medical dwarf and prehaps baron oneday...
my goals have been mostly sucsesful however living conditions are yet to improve.

1st Granite 254

my year as oversear is done so long

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2012, 12:54:29 am »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:55:16 am by sackhead »

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2012, 05:30:26 am »

none of the deaths are due to accidents all of them a dwarfs going insane and having to be put down or die of thirst.  il try and figure out how to get a map of the fort up

I believe that there's a site called dfatlas or something like that.

Also, fun fact: You can smooth stone belonging to an aquifer, which keeps it from causing floods. A good way to build through it. At least that's what I've heard.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2012, 10:01:36 am »

Yes, if you smooth it or build over it, it stops producing water. My design flaw was I dug some channels before smoothing all of the walls, and cut off my access.
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2012, 04:39:37 pm »

i just went round it

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2012, 08:14:02 pm »

i just went round it
I told you the biome in the lower left has no aquifer!

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2012, 09:05:52 pm »

Journal of the Overseer Artimaus: Tragic Autumn

I fear my attempt at draining the aquifer has failed. I have hit a dead end. An endless circle of draining refilling and drowning. A flaw in my design prevents anyone from fixing it without shutting down the pumps. I did not realize what was happening until after four stoneworkers had drowned. Tantrums have ensued. Someone's dog also drowned. I could have done this the easy way and tried to find an end to the aquifer, but no I had to plunge straight through it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have succeeded in shutting down the second level pumps. Hopefully, this will give the workers a chance to fix my error. Hmm... it seems EVERYONE that had any skill in masonry is dead. I will issue an order that the newest (most stable) migrant wave will have scheduled masonry shifts.

Oh, Armok we are all doomed; a farmer has gone berserk. In the Meeting Area! A raging dwarf in an enclosed space with little room is a recipe for DEATH and DESTRUCTION.

I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.

I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!!

I have decided to leave the fort. A small group of dwarves- who's sanity remains intact- are going with me. We shall camp on the surface until all of the insane dwarves have died. I have locked them in a room with no food. We shall have to fend for ourselves under the open sky. I do not know whether I am glad or disappointed that Minethatcrackers is one of the few who is still sane.

EDIT: OOC every dwarf in the fortress is Miserable or Insane. 

I say go back to the previous save, and say it was a dream or something.

Anyway, if you want me to upload the save I will but otherwise...

It all fell apart so quickly

I never doubted you about the end to the aquifer.

It was just information recieved too late.
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

Fear The Amish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2012, 09:43:41 pm »

Would like a dwarf and a turn if able

Amish Mechanic/Architect/Seige engineer (Dwarven Military engineer!)

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2012, 09:29:17 am »

BUMP ATTACK!!!!!!

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2012, 11:03:10 am »

Okay, so what's the current state of the fortress again? miserable, insane? How many good mood items are in the fort to counter this? How far is it to the end of your turn currently?
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2012, 02:36:39 pm »

my turn ended awhile ago

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2012, 02:40:51 pm »

So... It's the next guy's turn? have we talked to him about that?

Fear The Amish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2012, 04:38:14 pm »

its up to Jvier or Cracker now

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2012, 04:56:43 pm »

I'll get to it soon, as it is my birthday, ill be into the festivities
And play with the dying fort for a while

Just a question, did you Pierce the aquifer yet? I'm terrible at that

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2012, 05:37:25 pm »

Sorry about the absence, had midterms for a while. Javier, take it away!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15