New Fort
- 12 (38.7%)
Use my old, 11 year fort so we can skip straight to the fun part
- 5 (16.1%)
Other (post)
- 6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)  (Read 13182 times)

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 06:47:42 am »

Fairly well. I'll probably just add him to the end of the list.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 10:02:34 am »

lol that is the tunnel I used to drain the aquifer off the map.
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 11:02:33 am »

Journal of the Overseer Artimaus: Tragic Autumn

I fear my attempt at draining the aquifer has failed. I have hit a dead end. An endless circle of draining refilling and drowning. A flaw in my design prevents anyone from fixing it without shutting down the pumps. I did not realize what was happening until after four stoneworkers had drowned. Tantrums have ensued. Someone's dog also drowned. I could have done this the easy way and tried to find an end to the aquifer, but no I had to plunge straight through it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have succeeded in shutting down the second level pumps. Hopefully, this will give the workers a chance to fix my error. Hmm... it seems EVERYONE that had any skill in masonry is dead. I will issue an order that the newest (most stable) migrant wave will have scheduled masonry shifts.

Oh, Armok we are all doomed; a farmer has gone berserk. In the Meeting Area! A raging dwarf in an enclosed space with little room is a recipe for DEATH and DESTRUCTION.

I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.
I'm not going to die.

I AM GOING TO DIE!!!!!

I have decided to leave the fort. A small group of dwarves- who's sanity remains intact- are going with me. We shall camp on the surface until all of the insane dwarves have died. I have locked them in a room with no food. We shall have to fend for ourselves under the open sky. I do not know whether I am glad or disappointed that Minethatcrackers is one of the few who is still sane.

EDIT: OOC every dwarf in the fortress is Miserable or Insane. 

I say go back to the previous save, and say it was a dream or something.

Anyway, if you want me to upload the save I will but otherwise...

It all fell apart so quickly
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:32:29 am by shali8 »
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 12:14:53 pm »

I say just continue isolating the most unstable, and focus on cheering up core of miserable dorfs (can you make a waterfall quickly? Would that be good enough to cheer them up?) And wait until there's a migrant wave, and use the migrants to set up a new sub-camp. In a year or two things'll be back to normal.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 12:27:52 pm »

Their is no way to save it. I guess I could wait for a migration wave. But they would probably be killed by the four berserk dwarves.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:30:06 pm by shali8 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 01:49:50 pm »

Can you lock the beserkers away? It'd be a shame to reboot the fort two goes in a row.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 02:52:12 pm »

Fine I'll attempt to salvage it. But i'm in winter remember so not much I can do before someone else gets it. And they are gonna have a tough time.

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 03:09:53 pm »

It makes me wonder whether I did something wrong with the initial fortress... on a happier note, I'M ALIVE!. I was almost sure our charismatic first leader would be claimed by the madness.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 03:30:37 pm »

I am afraid you won't be alive for much longer. Pretty much everyone in the fort is miserable.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 04:18:37 pm »

I am just saying this out loud... but umm... ive lost 30 dwarves.

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 04:20:44 pm »

I am afraid you won't be alive for much longer. Pretty much everyone in the fort is miserable.
But at least... idk, there's no silver lining here. Two utter failures in succession. This is harder than playin in a terrifying biome, which I did once.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 04:51:15 pm »

It all went south when I walled of the aquifer and accidentally blocked the pumps.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 05:13:10 pm »

Here is how it is going down. Only 26 dwarves are left and half of those are children. Dwarves are going berserk and stark raving mad left and right. I can't even get them to make food or anything because they are tantruming, in a fist fight, or insane.

So basically every dwarf is insane or on a short steep slope off the insanity cliff.

Oh yeah, Minethatcrackers you died of insanity driven dehydration.

I'll upload the save if anybody wants it, but if not I won't go to the trouble 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:15:25 pm by shali8 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 05:24:22 pm »

Well how does Sackhead feel about it? They're next, after all...

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 05:46:55 pm »

I don't believe this. This is the second game I've been apart of where a tantrum spiral started. If you can, try to drive the tantruming and mad dwarves into a sealed room. When they finally do stop tantruming Killing each other in a bloody red rage die Killing each other in a bloody red rage, let them back in. if there's anyone still alive.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15