New Fort
- 12 (38.7%)
Use my old, 11 year fort so we can skip straight to the fun part
- 5 (16.1%)
Other (post)
- 6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)  (Read 13174 times)

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 11:20:39 am »

Journal of the Overseer Artimaus: Still Summer

I think we need to change the aquifer's name. It is more than one level deep... How about: the Eternal Chafing of Agony. Just a thought... I hate this aquifer; it gave me hope only to make it dead one level later. I'll make it pay, it will pay; we will dump !!MAGMA!! into it if we have to. It will pay.

In other news; a group of LAZY-ASS migrants has arrived. I HOPE THEY DON'T THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH LOAFING AROUND think that this a group of nice people who are just ABSOLUTELY FREAKING CRAZY-ASS IDIOTS down on their luck. THEY BARGE IN HERE AND DEMAND BEDS AND FOOD WITHOUT DOING AN OUNCE OF WORK I hope they find some jobs that aren't horrible *cough*aquiferworker*cough* Anyway, summer has been filled with triumph then the horrible realization that I WAS OUT-SMARTED BY AN UNDERGROUND WATER CHAMBER.

I need to talk to the doctor about some anti-dwarfpressants.
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 11:32:44 am »

The LAZY blacksmith is on break again. how many times can a guy go on break before I am allowed to: "Make him an offer he can't refuse."
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 11:40:03 am »

You realize that those you put in cage traps are blocking any wagons from getting in the fort.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 03:09:15 pm by shali8 »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 12:12:22 pm »

You're handling of the aquifier is impressive. Hopefully, you'll be able to avoid a tantrum spiral...

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 03:08:48 pm »

Minethatcrackers is the only one that is miserable. everyone else's happiness is at least fine or above.

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 03:16:00 pm »

Minethatcrackers is the only one that is miserable. everyone else's happiness is at least fine or above.
Well thats awesome. Try giving me a better bedroom, or some actual food, instead of those "plump helmets" we always eat around here.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 03:21:18 pm »

You are my woodworker. And I stopped making wooden things for awhile. So you stood around making friends. Then the Wolverine man killed your pet, and the berserker dwarf killed two of your friends.
     I just found out that you were the one that landed the killing blow on the berserker dwarf.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »

the wolverine man probably escaped when you were taking  him to trade with the elves, trying to trade wild creatures/caged prisoners lets them out of the cage

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 04:07:31 pm »

Yeah, you gotta watch out when you're trading animals. Do you have to trade the cage instead? I can't recall.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 04:13:53 pm »

Journal of the Overseer Artimaus: Autumn

Well, not but a few days in to autumn and a werepig has already attacked the human caravan. At least it was not our meager military (as in... none) that had to deal with it. The werepig turned into a human child, and it was quickly slain. I suspect that one of the humans was bitten. I hope they leave before he becomes one of the beasts.

It is a sad day. A Goblin snatcher- may Armok curse him to the depths of acid and blood- has made off with a child. We shall weep later. The two kidnappers we caught will be tortured beyond anything before seen in an outpost of the Mountainhomes.

Well, I have finally gotten around to trading with the humans. I traded for some cloth and thread for the hospital. I took every barrel of booze they had and even some barrels that were empty. They had some picks that I bought; as well as some military equipment. The gems they had are now in my possession as well. And to think that all I had to give them was six iron trap components.

I can feel the aquifer mocking me in my sleep. It moans and groans and swishes and splashes. My sleep is disturbed. THE ARMOK BLASTED THING WON'T EVEN GIVE ME ENOUGH RESPITE TO SLEEP. ALRIGHT, I GET IT YOU STUPID BODY OF WATER YOU BEAT ME. But now its round two. I intend to win this time. Nothing shall stand in my way. YOU HERE ME AQUIFER YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED. Of course you can't hear me; this just my journal.

Seriously though, I need the doctor to give me some sort of herb or potion. I'm slowly losing my mind. And I don't know how to find it again.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2012, 04:19:01 pm »

Actually, he escaped before I took him to trade. I said I was going to trade with the elves, but I did it way later than I meant to.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2012, 04:29:45 pm »

I thought you had used a hacking program when you said you were draining the lake. I'm glad you used horrible, evil !!SCIENCE!! to solve the problem instead.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2012, 05:01:23 pm »

Nope, no hacks. But the stupid thing is two z levels. So I thought I had gotten it. But it was more clever than I.

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2012, 05:36:15 pm »

Ya know, the place covers two biomes, one of which shouldn't have an aquifer. The tunnel I dug far to left is supposed to be in that area. Try digging down at the end of it.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2012, 10:57:24 pm »

Captain Duck also mentioned an excellent way to get past a two-level aquifer. Basically, you plug, dig, use screw-pumps to remove the water from the first level, then replug. You'd have to find his youtube channel (which is linked to in the DF wiki) for a less complicated explanation.

P.S. How is the teaching of the game to DFdad going?
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15