New Fort
- 12 (38.7%)
Use my old, 11 year fort so we can skip straight to the fun part
- 5 (16.1%)
Other (post)
- 6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)  (Read 13170 times)

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 06:30:23 pm »

And while I'm thinking on it, can we keep the hacking programs to a minimum?

Yeah, as a note, don't hack things. Stonesense is okay, as is Dwarf Therapist and whatever tileset you prefer, but unless the game crashes or corrupts, don't hack in anything else.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 07:40:00 pm »

Yeah, as a note, don't hack things. Stonesense is okay, as is Dwarf Therapist and whatever tileset you prefer, but unless the game crashes or corrupts, don't hack in anything else.

agreed, i only use DFhack for initial ore prospecting (5 forts straight w/o iron of any kind...) and cleanup of blood (if it REALLY impacts FPS, else i just leave it alone).

Also, dont use any of the "Dirty Cheater" settings in dwarf therapist (instantly see cursed dwarves/allow labors on children). Other than that, im cool with it
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 08:22:58 pm »

agreed, i only use DFhack for initial ore prospecting (5 forts straight w/o iron of any kind...) and cleanup of blood (if it REALLY impacts FPS, else i just leave it alone).

Also, dont use any of the "Dirty Cheater" settings in dwarf therapist (instantly see cursed dwarves/allow labors on children). Other than that, im cool with it
I had no idea that dwarves could even be cursed, yet alone adding labors to children. Lots of things I don't know. I only pierced the third cavern for the first time last week.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 09:24:05 pm »

So you've never seen vampires/werebeasts in your migrant wave;sneaky bastards
Children can only do certain jobs in vanilla DF, but dwarf therapist can "cheat" children into being useful

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 09:32:32 pm »

Remember, when you see a dwarf drained of blood, do not think it is the swarm of giant mosquitos outside, or louses
And be sure to euthanize secure a nice vacation for any of the unlucky bastards attacked(made bleeding by open wound) by weresheep/bison/gecko/lizard/giraffe

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 10:30:13 pm »

If it's a vampire use it to a special well for locking stats on legendary dwarves and making them immortal.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 02:53:59 pm »

UPDATE: Emoe has decided to be skipped. Noao is not the most comfortable with the game, so the turn goes to Shali8. Shall PM him now.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 03:29:36 pm »

alright ill grab the save. Anyway, what happened to you dad? He was in front of me on the list.
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 03:53:24 pm »

cool does this mean I'm next

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 04:38:25 pm »

alright ill grab the save. Anyway, what happened to you dad? He was in front of me on the list.
I haven't had time to teach him now to play. I'll move him down the queue somewhere.

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2012, 05:48:39 pm »

So I've got the save; I've opened dwarf fortress; an-HOLY SHIT I forgot about the tileset lol.
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2012, 07:34:52 pm »

Journal of the Miner Overseer Artimaus: Spring.

I must say the layout of this place is quite confusing. And the choice of location is questionable *cough*aquifer*cough*. Also there is a distinct lack of ESSENTIAL WOODCUTTING TOOLS. Without an axe to cut down trees; I DON'T HAVE FUEL TO MAKE A FREAKING AXE. I CAN'T EVEN MAKE A SCREW PUMP TO DRAIN THE AQUIFER WITHOUT FUEL OR METAL.

Thankfully, in the first migrant wave; there was a much needed woodcutter (axe included.) And now we are onto the business of conquering the aquifer. We also got a dwarf with the elusive diagnostician skill. I immediately appointed him doctor. Of course, the laziest of all those dwarves "working" here is the blacksmith. How I loathe him. He is halting progress. Forever may he be cursed to the depths of Armok's 12th HELL.

All of these animals Keep getting in the way of my construction projects. I shall put the butcher to work....

The screams of cavy pups echo through the halls. At least we are on schedule. Ah, I hear an elven caravan has arrived. I will attempt to sell them the Wolverine Man. If it offends them I can always seize anything I need. 

MinethatCrackers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2012, 09:12:52 pm »

Lol, sorry about the location. I was more than a little concerned about the wildlife around here when I started. Those wolverines looked quite hungry, and they started on the north of the map. Oddly enough, I was pretty sure we had an axe or two around here. I wonder what happened to it?

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 09:39:12 am »

The aquifer is my biggest worry. It is murdering my fps. I'm draining it off the map. Also the Wolverine man escaped his cage somehow; and killed three more guys. I can see how your friend lost the whole fort; between the aquifer and the wolverine men. lol

EDIT: Umm.. Minethatcrackers is miserable right now. The Wolverine man killed his friend or something...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:54:26 am by shali8 »

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 10:39:48 am »

Journal of the Overseer Artimaus: Summer

I woke up this morning, and to my surprise there was a lot of running and screaming going on. Somehow, the Wolverine man escaped. Luckily, we caught him again; but not before he had killed two dwarves.

Then some crazy dwarf- who wasn't even a resident of the fortress- goes berserk; he kills four and injures two. To make matters worse the former overseer comes and starts yelling and crying at me. He says something about his friend being dead, and his happiness is in the black or some such nonsense. I think we shall yet lose another dwarf to infection; from a wound gained in the great battle against berserkerdwarf crazyman.

Muahahahahahahaha. I have finally rid us of the aquifer, which will henceforth be called: The Futile Buttpains of Screeching. I came up with it myself. It was actually my second choice; the transcriber thought the other name was... well he just didn't like it. Anyway, here are some sketches of my masterful engineering and architecture.

Z-3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Z-2

Z-1

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:54:06 am by shali8 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15