New Fort
- 12 (38.7%)
Use my old, 11 year fort so we can skip straight to the fun part
- 5 (16.1%)
Other (post)
- 6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)  (Read 13164 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2013, 03:44:55 pm »

I am so done with this game.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2013, 04:22:02 pm »

I just was to the question thread to see your post and now here

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2013, 01:07:19 pm »

[ugh, I had to restart, losing a vampire successfully caught and a siege broken with no dwarven deaths]

Extract from Beyond Plump Helmets: Adventures in Dwarven Cuisine

In order to prepare the cerebral ganglia of the apidae bombus, make a light incision in the epicranium and carefully remove the antennae, ocellus, maxilla, labium, hypopharynx. Then, with your felted scooping tool, remove the cerebral ganglia...

Extract from Dungeons & Drapes: The Definitive Fortress Care Bible

As pretty as they may be, hives are not recommended bedroom furniture.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2013, 01:28:26 pm »

Extract from Mistakes in Aquifer Breaching: A History of Ancientbushes

...who withdrew from society, promising an iron hammer for Captain N. Q. T. of the newly created Bearded Judges hammersquad...

(Alas, this was lost in the reboot.)

...but instead built a much nicer adorned toy hammer.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2013, 01:35:33 pm »

Extract from Mistakes in Aquifer Breaching: A History of Ancientbushes

In the Autumn of 255 many wagons came from the mountain halls. This was no mere trade mission.

They offered to make Ancientbushes a Barony. The word went out across the fort for candidates to step forward for the position.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2013, 02:39:42 am »

This game took so long to play.

Achievements:

- All dwarves have a bedroom, most of royal quality. This is very good for happiness.
- We're now a Barony. I made the existing mayor the Baron, as he merely has a penchant for traction benches, which is easy to accommodate
- The fort is siege proof: on receiving a siege: get all inside. Wait. Send the troops to mop up unconscious enemies.
- There's a vampire locked up, due out in autumn. Do something to him first, okay?

THE SAVE: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7352

Finally, werepigs are endemic in these parts:

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2013, 12:42:26 pm »

Another one?
At least our defenses are nice!

Did the dwarves finish the ceiling above the trap corridor?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2013, 01:22:53 pm »

Yep, the ceiling is 100% airtight.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2013, 07:57:40 pm »

ok, ill start within the next few days (a little over halfway on my current turn at Gateivory). So far, things look like !!Fun!!
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Raptorstorm

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Proficient Metalsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2013, 04:46:38 pm »

After all Belgium broke loose, I have returned.

Oh, my turn got skipped, might aswell get back in the queue, and read up on what happened.
Anything that happens, happens. Anthing that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though

Manze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2013, 04:48:40 pm »

well bp never returned with his turn, and I'm next on the list, but it'll definitely be better to just skip me. This week's going to be very busy - putting down flooring in my house and SC2 expansion.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »

I cannae wait!

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2013, 10:38:08 pm »

It's getting around to me too. I don't want to say skip my turn, but a busted computer made me say otherwise, so I'll have to bow out for now.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Manze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2013, 05:18:49 pm »

Okay, I've got some time now, so I'll take the fort and work on it. I'll be removing the tileset, so long as nobody minds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Journal of Manze, Digger of Holes

So it turns out that it's my turn to run this hole in the ground for a year. I don't know whose decision that was, but I can't say I'm pleased with it.

After looking at the books, it turns out that ou food and booze are both at low levels. They're safe for now, but will be gone in short order.

There's also a "werepig weaver" running around babbling. What the heck. [[He's apparently also set to hotkey 3. What.]]

There's also about a billion dwarves clustered in two small rooms right below him. How did this seem safe? I've spent most of my time in the bowels of the fort, digging tunnels to nowhere, so I don't have any idea what's going on up here.

There are also some dwarves in cages for some godforsaken reason. I don't know what's been going on here, but it ain't right.

The baroness says she's got a royal room, but I don't know where it is. I'm trying to find it and having zero luck.

There's a giant hole in the ceiling that needs to be covered soon, too, or anything with wings will have a straight path into the fort.

Looks like I've got a heck of a job ahead of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, this fort is extremely confusing. I can't find anyone's rooms (and it seems there actually are none), there are something like two dozen paths that lead to nowhere, and the only units we have with the job title "miner" are all enlisted. What the heck is going on in this fort.

If you'd like to be dorfed, post below. I don't know who has and hasn't been dorfed yet.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:57:30 pm by Manze »

Manze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2013, 07:28:08 pm »

[[The dwarf I picked is apparently captain of the guard. I have no idea when or why this happened. He wasn't when I picked him. What is going on.]]

Journal of Manze, Digger of Holes

Okay. Let's get this started. First off, there's a massive dug-out area just below the current stockpiles with nothing in it. That's going to be our new workshop area, since all the current ones are smack-dab in the middle of the fort. The area's also been smoothed over.

The Masons are being told to make a bunch of doors, so that the area can be insured against any dwarves who lose it.

A baby died of thirst. No idea whose it was. Oh well.

The Werepig Weaver has finally been dealt with. He changed into his evil beast form, and our Marksdwarves in The Winds of Change took care of him. The kill is credited to Ducim Ustuthekir.

I discovered that our Chief Medical Dwarf was enlisted. And had been injured, and was resting said injury. Waiting for the Chief Medical Dwarf to come diagnose him. Idiot. He's been relieved of his post temporarily. Sorry, sackhead.

It turns out all of our stockpiles were multipurpose. Useful early on, to be sure, but I certainly don't want my food in with those traction benches. The food stockpile's been moved down a floor.

It turns out we have no carpenters. I ordered a pile of barrels and bins to be made, and nobody's seen fit to make them. This has been fixed. Okay, we have carpenters, they're just also masons.

...I found the baroness' room. Someone got lazy. This will need to be fixed, and dwarves will need their own individual rooms. I will start carving them out myself.

Since I'm the Captain of the Guard, for some reason, I've taken an empty room and re-purposed it into a bedroom / office. It's not quite up to the standards required of my position, but once it's smoothed out and given some engravings it should do just fine.

I've just been informed that one of the dwarves in the cage is our mayor, and is suspected of being a vampire. I'll need to relocate him soon - he's due out in 116 days.

A forgotten beast appeared in the caverns. As long as he can't get in, we should be fine. Hm. I should make sure he can't get in.

Migrants. Great. Just what we needed.

The hole in the roof is sealed, for what it's worth. So any invaders have to come in the front entrance. I need a damn drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whoever designed the rooms as one giant room with a bunch of designations, that's both brilliant and extremely annoying. Once I figure out another way below the aquifer, I'll be designating a bunch of rooms dug out. Won't have time to fill them, though. There's something like 190 dwarves in this damn fort.

I'm also working on a dining hall. I'll try to get to the medical suite in my turn, but can't guarantee it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15