New Fort
- 12 (38.7%)
Use my old, 11 year fort so we can skip straight to the fun part
- 5 (16.1%)
Other (post)
- 6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)  (Read 13189 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2012, 07:47:25 pm »

TIME TO PLAY THE MAP!!!!

shali8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2012, 08:32:05 pm »

I believe that sackhead did get past the aquifer even with my utter failing still in effect. Props to him for overcoming my incompetence.
If the majority is insane, the sane must will go to the hospital - Horace Mann Urist McDoctordwarf

The neurotic builds castles in the sky. The psychotic lives in them. The psychiatrist collects the rent - Anonymous

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2012, 08:52:27 pm »

Excerpt from Javier's Journal
(spring)
My work in the hellhole only known as ancient bushes has only just begun, and I am receiving reports from the east, "WereSkink!!!" they say.
I immediately stationed all of our troops at the gates, yet all they saw was a lowly human sitting on the ground. who proceeded to run away.

I immediately surveyed the fortress, it was very strangely layed out, and had only the necessities.
So i began work on a wall,and a corridor for both traps and the merchants.

On the 23rd of Felsite, I also recieved reports of a goblin lasher party raping eviscerating fishermen. I stationed all our troops again, yet only the markdwarfs went out, and thanks to their intelligence of not knowing how to shoot, we lost 3 good military dwarfs. After sending a direct kill command the warriors repaid the goblins in full.
Luckily afterwards, a migrant wave appeared giving us much needed morale and man power.

In order to secure the fort i prepared some defenses, such as removing the ramps in our vicinity, and finishing the wall.
At the end of spring, our dwarfs finished our weapon traps.
They are filled with:
    10 Iron axes blades
    10 Iron discs
    Random siege weapons

(I'll be working on the fortress again tomorrow)

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2012, 12:00:03 am »

Yeah, the pierced the aquifer. And apparently couldn't plug it.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2012, 10:35:15 pm »

yeah the layouts weird because i didn't like the original, the workshops were too far away from the stockpiles and fairly messy. So i moved the wood metal and stone industries and there stockpiles to the top of the fort and trade goods to the bottom including the cloths of the dead which are great to sell to the caravans.. you probably nead more bins, How is the mine cart route working by the way?

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2012, 11:02:08 pm »

How does that make sense? should you put your metal industry closer to the bottom? In case you strike magma, it'd be easier to move everything that way when you make magmaforges.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2012, 02:35:57 am »

by top i mean north, and i just did it there because there was empty space

this was also before i went round the aquifer

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2012, 05:26:44 am »

Everything is pretty weird, and dying

At least I made traction benches
The minecart is working pretty well, but not enough organization

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2012, 01:03:58 pm »

Everything is pretty weird, and dying

At least I made traction benches
The minecart is working pretty well, but not enough organization

Quantum storage ftw?

skullking

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2012, 01:15:42 pm »

If this is still going can i be added to the turn list and dorfed? 

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2012, 02:49:39 pm »

Dorfing yes, preferences?

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2012, 04:21:00 pm »

Don't worry about dorfing me. I'll dorf myself on my turn.

skullking

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2012, 04:24:13 pm »

No prefrence. just what ever is needed works for me. just go with my username please. Thanks.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2012, 07:26:52 pm »

Update will be up soon

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2012, 09:11:02 pm »

Ch.2 Summer
 On the first of malachite, another migrant wave came to the fort, this one was used strictly for hauling and other random jobs which needed filling in.
 On the eighth of malachite however,  our exploratory miners breached the caverns, this one without trees.
On the seventeenth of malachite, I offered about 40 or so stone traps to be made in front of the main entrance, so our enemies would be weakened and the fights would be easier

In other news, our people are happy, I fixed part of the well problem( It was not a designated water zone), and a new farm plot was installed(with pigtails)

Grim news, on the 17th of Galena, a vile force of darkness arrived to the fort. Ten or so goblin axe-men and the general a flashers, sitting upon his Giant toad mount.I ordered everyone inside, and the drawbridge closed.We shall deal with them in the fall.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15