Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: ~The Mist: OOC Thread~  (Read 8618 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: ~The Mist: OOC Thread~
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 10:55:05 pm »

Ah, I see. I was misreading how that worked.

Which also complicates using them as a "finisher" somewhat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 10:58:38 pm »

Ah, I see. I was misreading how that worked.

Which also complicates using them as a "finisher" somewhat.

Well once you get a higher spellpower or Light skill, it'll pretty much be able to one-shot a lot of enemies unless you're on the unlucky side.

The problem is of course, that it also aggro's everything in the area - making it very dangerous to use in areas populated with zombies.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 10:59:44 pm »

Welcome to Mdieval games, Irony and Caellath. I always thought it was weird that you two never joined one until now.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 11:04:48 pm »

Welcome to Mdieval games, Irony and Caellath. I always thought it was weird that you two never joined one until now.

Thanks, it's good to be here tonight, Tom. And answering your question, I don't like joining anything which has already started a good time ago - it feels like I'll never ever be able to catch up to the other players.

I believe the Modieval Games started at a time I limited my forum-crawling to the Roll to Dodge board.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 11:08:26 pm »

Thanks, it's good to be here tonight, Tom. And answering your question, I don't like joining anything which has already started a good time ago - it feels like I'll never ever be able to catch up to the other players.

I believe the Modieval Games started at a time I limited my forum-crawling to the Roll to Dodge board.

There was Medieval before Modieval, (I'm guessing that's why Lillipad keeps leaving out the e/o whenever he says it now.).
This isn't really too much like a M<InsertLetterHere>dieval game though, it has similar systems - And Medieval was pretty much the same setting minus the zombies - But otherwise, not really. Those games are only optionally played with a group of other players, (Though that's always more fun.) and don't have any sort of end goal.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 11:15:40 pm »

I was actually entertaining the idea of submitting a sheet at Modieval the day before and then the same day this game was posted, so I can consider myself lucky. Especially because this game has the crafting skills I needed for an Artificer-type character. :P
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2012, 11:16:02 pm »

I wasn't too much a fan of the open-ended political RP thing they were sort of described as, and they were way too massive to read and get a better grasp on. Concept was still somewhat interesting, though.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2012, 11:26:54 pm »

In Modieval you just give yourself those kinds of skills in your history.

I wasn't too much a fan of the open-ended political RP thing they were sort of described as, and they were way too massive to read and get a better grasp on. Concept was still somewhat interesting, though.

Open-ended political RP is more like Runners. The Mdieval games are only really political if that's what you want to pursue. Like in Modieval, I plan on having my character Number One(mark three) open up a faction, but until he gets there, he's just some absurdly huge guy running around killing government employed soldiers. While on the other hand, my character Number Two just wants to run around free, and not starving or nearly dying of dehydration like he currently is.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 11:28:37 pm »

Lilli sort of ninja'd me, but I don't care:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'Open-ended political RP'.
What they are, is basically this game here: But you aren't part of a group of players by Default, and there is no specific goal you're supposed to be working towards. You can pretty much do whatever you want, so long as you can figure out how to go about doing it.
You aren't forced to become a political power or anything.

Though one of the major drawbacks of the Mdieval games are that they progress really slowly until someone manages to get themselves into the Big-Bad seat, or that takes too long and I let loose an NPC Big-Bad for everyone to fight.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2012, 11:51:39 pm »

Am I thinking of You Are King or something then?

Yeah, seems so. I remember that CYOR-style introduction thingy now. Don't really remember why I never got in on either of them, though Modieval was probably because I'm not particularly fond of modern-ish stuff.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 12:02:18 am »

@IronyOwl: That is probably You Are King.

Yeah, I noticed by the sheet, but that'd have its constraints and as I said, I'd be there far behind everyone else whenever I got spat into the world. If I sought an objective like turning into the Big Bad, for example, I'd probably be ground into paste by any higher-level character (not saying I'd want to become the Big Bad...Maybe).

I'm glad I have this one to be a part of, though.
>Yes?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2012, 12:05:48 am »

@IronyOwl: That is probably You Are King.

Yeah, I noticed by the sheet, but that'd have its constraints and as I said, I'd be there far behind everyone else whenever I got spat into the world. If I sought an objective like turning into the Big Bad, for example, I'd probably be ground into paste by all the higher-level characters (not saying I'd want to become the Big Bad...Maybe).

I'm glad I have this one to be a part of, though.

Despite the really high reply count, there isn't really anyone that could ground you into paste yet. Except maybe Lucia & Sonim (Because they're a team), Nathan (Only if he got the drop on you.), or Drash/Andrew. (and that's only because they have a few NPC Teammates/Followers.)

And if you were going to be a Big Bad, you'd probably have followers of your own by the time anyone would want to mess with you.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2012, 01:03:18 am »

I think the highest level anyone is even at yet is 3. So you really wouldn't be that far behind at all.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2012, 04:33:49 am »

Yeah, I noticed by the sheet, but that'd have its constraints and as I said, I'd be there far behind everyone else whenever I got spat into the world. If I sought an objective like turning into the Big Bad, for example, I'd probably be ground into paste by any higher-level character (not saying I'd want to become the Big Bad...Maybe).
...you wanna make matching characters and take over the world together?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2012, 07:04:44 am »

...you wanna make matching characters and take over the world together?

Why not? Sounds like a good idea. :D
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11