Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kill All Bogeymen  (Read 3101 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Kill All Bogeymen
« on: November 29, 2012, 04:50:03 pm »

Can you kill all of them or are they limitless?  I've slaughtered a lot of them in adventure mode and I'm kind of getting sick of them, so I was just wondering if they'll eventually all die out or if I should start disabling them from future world gens.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Kill All Bogeymen
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 05:06:34 pm »

I believe they are infinite. Randomly generated each time they spawn.
Unf.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:14:01 pm »

Bogeymen aren't normal creatures, they are some kind of otherworldly beings, a bit like demons in a way.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 05:16:02 pm »

Either bring a companion for night, or turn them off.  They are infinite.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 07:34:21 pm »

They are figments of the adventurer's imagination, and as such will continue coming as long as you are in dark forests alone and thus scared shitless, paranoid, and delusional.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 09:58:04 pm »

They are figments of the adventurer's imagination, and as such will continue coming as long as you are in dark forests alone and thus scared shitless, paranoid, and delusional.
That is the most sensible way i've seen bogeymen portrayed.
Thank you.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 10:58:07 pm »

I'll see if that holds true after I lure them into a bandit camp and start sneaking.  :P
Anyway thanks for all the replies.  I like my world too much to get rid of it, and companions are as useless as potato sacks filled with pudding at my current point in game.  So yeah, I'm rather unlikely to recruit any.  Hell even if they were particularly useful, they run after animals and get lost too quickly in normal travel and with all the ambushes in fast travel their help is probably outweighed by the inconvenience.  Too bad being a necromancer locks attributes or I would do that.
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 11:01:50 pm »

Isn't it being a vampire that locks attributes?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 11:19:50 pm »

Isn't it being a vampire that locks attributes?

I've heard that both lock physical attributes, although I believe the non physical attributes can still be raised.  Some personal experience points to the contrary though.  I had at one point a weremonitor human necromancer.  I was infected with the weremonitor(ism) fairly early on in the game and continued to be able to raise all my attributes.  I got quite a few to superhuman in my normal form, but changing to a weremonitor would lower a couple of them (strength and agility if I recall) down a few levels.  Eventually I became a necromancer as well, and I can't speak for my attributes in normal form but as a weremonitor I was still able to raise my physical attributes.
Sure thing peanut man!

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 02:53:26 am »

During world gen using adv gen. turning night creatures to 0 makes them poof away,but that also removes the other night creatures that come with the game unless you mod your own.
Being inside a building at dusk gets rid of em,being just outside doesn't stop them from lucky shotting your nerve system.
Bogeymen come  with worldgen so you cant delete them once they are made and are pretty much useless kills because you cant even pick up their corpses.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 08:17:16 am »

You can get rid of all the bogeyman by making the "Number of Bogeyman Types" zero in advanced generation.

That doesn't remove all night creatures, if I remember correctly.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 06:21:51 pm »

You can get rid of all the bogeyman by making the "Number of Bogeyman Types" zero in advanced generation.

That doesn't remove all night creatures, if I remember correctly.

It doesn't, just boogeymen

I always turn boogeymen off because of how often unnavigatable the land is due to rivers.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 06:26:16 pm »

Oddly, even a night-creaturesque, nearly omnipotent adventurer will get assaulted by bogeymen, even if you have the capability to kill them all at once in a near instant attack. Which makes one wonder... Are they really hallucinations covering up forest animals of doom?
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 06:32:58 pm »

In order to wander the wilds with the adavanced iq of a player, one must sign a pact that enables the god of caverns, deformity, and transformation to send his minions after you.  They take your soul to  the 31/4 cavern layer to husk it and turn you into one of them.  They do this most effectively by using the same power that corrupts the dark nights or Sauron, namely a ring and a hatred for individuality.

When they die the soul gets released from service, and the malignent energies of its construction dissipate like smoke.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 06:37:25 pm »

In order to wander the wilds with the adavanced iq of a player, one must sign a pact that enables the god of caverns, deformity, and transformation to send his minions after you.  They take your soul to  the 31/4 cavern layer to husk it and turn you into one of them.  They do this most effectively by using the same power that corrupts the dark nights or Sauron, namely a ring and a hatred for individuality.

When they die the soul gets released from service, and the malignent energies of its construction dissipate like smoke.

But my adventurer no longer can has soul.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"
Pages: [1] 2