Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Wacky Death Races 3: Turn 2  (Read 12956 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Races 3: Turn 2
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2013, 04:48:09 pm »

Roll 1:  [Dodge roll]  The Hovercat is as agile and streamlined as a cat.  It has the capabilities as such to duck, jump, roll, and deflect as necessary to avoid incoming attacks.  Also like a cat, it's a bit flimsy.  [-2hp for +1 to roll]

Roll 2:  [Armor roll]  The Hovercat's fur coating is actually quite damage resistant.  It is effective against all projectiles, but the outer fur makes electrical and explosive weapons especially ineffective.  It's a bit flammable, though.  [Standard armor with bonus to electrical and explosive resistance, but penalty to fire resistance.]

Roll 3:  The Concentrated Catsplosion:  The Hovercat's armor is almost... alive.  Using forbidden technology that Toaster learned on his alternate reality trip, the hull is able to exert effort to repair itself or any internal component.  This effort is taxing on its systems, so it can only be used every once in a while.  [Autorepair armor or component on activation- has cooldown]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2013, 10:58:16 pm »

((Edited my action, clarified the rules.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Wacky Death Races 3 (Starting next month)
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2013, 12:13:33 pm »

Turn 3:

Now, the most fun part. Weaponry. Lots and lots of weaponry.

Name contestant: Rick Jumper
   -Reason for joining: One of his friend dare him. The money may of be a factor as well
   -Biography: Leaving the Army left Rick with little to do so he modify his tank a little and enter it in a few races then modify it some more, repeat until he ended up with a tank to enter in the Wacky Death Races.
-Name Vehicle: Goliath
    -Description: A land crawler (picture but lot smaller and the hull look like a tiger tank hull). Uses a fusion engine.
Stats:
    - Land vehicle  HP: [10/10]
    - Fusion engine(+2) HP:[6/6]
    - Fuel tank [6/6] HP:[12/12]
    - Dodge d6 HP: [10/10]
    - Armour d8 HP:[10/10]
    - Cargo bay [0/60] HP: [10/10]
    - Crew space [1/1] HP: [10/10]

Abilities
   -Artillery attack
         -One time use (attack on self)
         -Splash damage
         -AOE: 4 tiles
         -Accuracy: d4
         -Damage: d8
    -Toolbox: +2 bonus to repair rolls

dodge: a system of hydraulic allow for multi-track drifting [4]
armour: Really heavy armor...for a race car, but this is a tank, speed wasn't a priority. [5]
other defenses: Box of tools, never leave home without it. [5]

Driver Name: Alexander Kyrby
Reason: He wants to prove he's the best driver around.
Biography: Alexander has always been a skilled driver. He took several road races in his career, including the 24h De La Mans, but to finish his career and cement his place in history, he needs to win the Wacky Death Race.
Vehicle name: The Rally Tank
Description: Imagine a red seven-seat family estate car. Now imagine most of the seats removed. Now imagine a V8 supercharged under the hood. Then imagine someone randomly sticking a tank cannon on top and the armour on the sides. That's the Rally Tank.
Parts:
      -Land vehicle. Switching cargo ability [8/8]
      -Supercharged V8 rocket engine Speed: 5 [6/6]
               -Hard to repair: -2 to repair
               -Fuel guzzling. On a 6 or 1 the engine uses double fuel.
      -Fuel tank [7/7] [HP:4/4]
      -Dodge system: d3
           -Can get a +2 bonus if you sacrifice 2 speed
      -Cargo bay [70/70] [6/6 HP]
      -Crew quarters [1/2] [HP:10/10]
Abilities:
     -Cargo/ passenger ability. 10 for 1. Up to 20/2.
         -Currently: Neutral
     -Armour plating (+2 to defense, always takes damage first unless the weapon crits/ special reason) [10/10]
         -Irrepairable
         --1 to speed
     -Toolbox: +3 repair. On a bad roll, the component takes damage instead.
     -Wheelspin
          -Can be used every 3 turns
          -Lowers everyone's accuracy by 3 in a d6+4 radius. On a 1, the car spins out of control, losing lot's of progress.

Dodge: There's something that never fails to work in dodging things-turn and brake hard. This dodges most porjectiles and close range weapons, and reduces thhe hit of explosives, but obviously you have to slow down to use it. [1]
Armour: nope.avi. Instead, I will take a Box of Tools. It contains the tools needed to perform repairs on the go to the vehicle, as well as some pictures of some ex-girlfriends. Alex had consumed suspicious amounts of alcohol prior to naming it. [6]
Other: You know when you get a car on sand it kicks it up everywhere? That's the plan for Alex's Wheelspin. He rams on the handbrake and pulls up a shower of dirt, fudging everyone's vision in the process. [6]

Boni to go: +1

Name:  Toaster
Reason for joining:  An attempt to prove himself for the third time
Biography:  Toaster was a contestant in the previous race that was won by the Sky Lord.  He faded into obscurity for a while before returning to the racing scene just in time for the next race.
Parts:
    -Land vehicle
    -Buttered toast Cat array (+3) [8/8]
    -Invisible bike (+2 to dodge. 5 turn cooldown) [10/10]
    -Cargo bay [40/40] HP: 10/10
    -Fuel tanks: [5/5]
    -Crew quarters [5/5] HP: 10/10
    -Dodge system  [d7]  HP: [8/8]
       +2 dodge bonus when on fire
    -Cat fur armour d3
       --2 armour vs fire weaponry
Abilities:
    -Catsploitator: Counts as a free repair action. Warning, do not roll 1 (3 turns cooldown)

Roll 1:  [Dodge roll]  The Hovercat is as agile and streamlined as a cat.  It has the capabilities as such to duck, jump, roll, and deflect as necessary to avoid incoming attacks.  Also like a cat, it's a bit flimsy.  [-2hp for +1 to roll] [4+1]

Roll 2:  [Armor roll]  The Hovercat's fur coating is actually quite damage resistant.  It is effective against all projectiles, but the outer fur makes electrical and explosive weapons especially ineffective.  It's a bit flammable, though.  [Standard armor with bonus to electrical and explosive resistance, but penalty to fire resistance.]

Roll 3:  The Concentrated Catsplosion:  The Hovercat's armor is almost... alive.  Using forbidden technology that Toaster learned on his alternate reality trip, the hull is able to exert effort to repair itself or any internal component.  This effort is taxing on its systems, so it can only be used every once in a while.  [Autorepair armor or component on activation- has cooldown] [4]

Spoiler: Tyrin Ferric (click to show/hide)

Retcon Turn 1 - cargo space, fuel tank, and crew space.

"The Cargo would go along the lateral sides of the craft, as always. Crew space takes the midsection, and the fuel tanks go right in between the wings, with the auxiliary tanks at the rear."

{Fuel Tanks = -2 ; +1 [5+1, 2, 3]
Sacrifice 2 > Crew Space. Add that 1 towards [Defensive item = Ship AI].}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turn 2 - dodge, armour and other defenses.

"Next, add in the prototype phasing module right there, under the cockpit. Good.[5+2]
And the nanofiber weave as the armor...Yes, all over. [2]

"And lastly, I'd guess I need an Onboard Ship AI to aid me as a defensive Item...would need company in these times, as well as someone to help in the repairs or searching..." [6+1]

{Dodge = -4 ; +2}

Name contestant: Connor Hasbin
   -Reason for joining: Money, fame, prove his family name wrong!
   -Biography: Connor was present when the Sky Lord won that race. His creation hadn't really accomplished as much as he had hoped. But... well... he was also in the race with that crazy dude with the most randomly terrifying thing ever seen. Connor accidentally followed Toaster in the rift of space/time/stuff. Connor didn't keep up.
Suffice to say, he was brought to this timeline way in advance of Toaster. It's mostly similar, so Connor, in the end, didn't mind. Though he found his version of himself had died the day before trying to fix the engine's massive turbine. Lovely clean up job that.
Still fond of his Armadillo concept, he was flabberghasted to see the Goliath. Feeling like it'd look like he was copying it, Connor has gone to the drawing board, and decided to do the riskiest option.
They shall fear the power of his gunboat!
-Name Vehicle: Ark Royal
    -Description: Connor took a boat's hull from somewhere (scrapyard), armoured it to hell and added nice big guns and some technical gadgets. This is far more sophisticated than the Armadillo, but maybe a little less adventurous. Still goes by the ideal of letting nothing stop it's unstoppable, if a little slower than the others, advance. Ofcourse, this is definately going to require crew...
Parts:
    -Boat:  +2 crewspace [10/10]
    -Hydrogen engine (3 speed) [6/6]
    -Fuel tank [5/5] [10/10]
    -Dodging system: d6+1 [6/6]
    -Amour d8 [10/10] 
         +1 when attacked from the front
    -Cargo hold [0/70] [8/8]
    -Crew quarters [1/5] [8/8
Abilities:
    -Fishing gear: Double results when searching for food
    -Icebreaker hull: Obstacles are partly ignored. Instead of forcing a vehicle to stop, they reduce speed by 3.

Dodge: It's a ship! The only way a ship can dodge is by reducing enemy accuracy! So, Connor installed something complex again: Targeting Scramblers! Isn't particularly effective against dumb weaponry (weapons that don't need computers to shoot), but what can you do. Naturally, with anything complicated with Connor, it's a little fragile: (-4 hp +2 roll. Auto roll!)

Armour: It's a ship... caked in metal and ceramics. It's not going to sink in a hurry! (First re-roll and third weapon rolls suffer -1 each to give +2 here. Auto-roll.)

Icebreaker Hull: Obstacles? What obstacles! The Ark Royal stops for nothing! Obstacles are ignored, front armour is increased (enemies trying to shoot when in front of the Ark Royal.), and can ram other nautical opponants for fun (enemies count as obstacles in this case... with a good enough roll :P) (-2 hp for +1. Second re-roll suffers -1 for +1 here. Overall +2. Auto-roll.)

Yay! Taking advantage of my recent good luck by avoiding my notorious bad luck on important stuff by auto-rolling all my defense rolls :)

Minus stacked: -3

Nikolai Degyatrev
   -Nikolai got drunk. Way too drunk. Somehow, he woke up inside the racing pit of a would-be contestant of the Wacky Death Races, and snapped his neck for talking too loud during his hangover. He would have just went back to sleep, but he kinda looked like the racer and now he's been dragged into participating.

Red October
    -Nikolai imagines a classic "compensating-for-something" submarine design with monster tires. It's probably better armed than some current submarines on the planet.
Parts
   - (Land/water) form. Switching costs 1 fuel and turn [10/10]
   - Caterpillar engine (+4) [8/8]
        -Rare fuel (-1 to searches, fuel is more expensive)
   -Cargo room [0/50]
   -Fuel tank  [7/7] [6/6]
         -Nuclear Fuel (Fuel is only used when you roll a 5/6)
         -Explosive reactor (Damage to the reactor can cause chain reactions, and destroy fuel)
   -Dodge system d6 [10/10]
        -Ignores enemy aim boni
   -Armor d6
       -1 speed at land
   -Crew quarters [1/4]
   - Sub doors [10/10]
        -Prevents damage spread
        -Weapons that would normally do damage spread, do +1 damage
Abilities:
   -Vodka Science fair
        -One time use (detonated up to 4 tiles behind the ship)
        -d8 accurace, d6+2 damage
        -Aoe (4 tiles)
        -Splash damage
        -Pushes the ship forward by d6+2 tilesµ
        -All crew actions in the next turn suffer a -2 penalty

Dodge: The Caterpillar Engine allows for complete thermal and sonic stealth in all but the closest ranges. Also, it has jumpjets fueled by vodka. [5]

(Lock weapons are useless, can jump out of the way of incoming attacks or obstacles but drains on fuel/ has cooldown.)

Armor: Soviet-era sub armor plus a thicker layer of newer stuff. In other words, it's thick and hydrodynamic, but is heavy and isn't so performance-designed for land. [2+1]

No penalty to speed in water, penalty of -1 to land speed for better armor.)

Other defenses: Sub Doors: Damage such as fire and the like can be compartmentalized to stop spread of damage. [6]

Name contestant: Charles Barkelo
   -Reason for joining: Money! Charles is the stereotypical greedy guy you see in every Western movie, and he definitely looks the part. He heard that there was a large cash prize involved, and while he is a bit old-fashioned, he believes he's the only one here fit to win. 
   -Biography: Charles lived a delusional life. He always thought it was the late 1700s to the 1800s. He would always wear an open, brown, tattered trench coat and cowboy hat, and was delighted whenever thee was just enough wind for him to stand there and look badass. He was born into a poor family, but one his delusions set in, he saved up enough money to buy a horse and he began robbing banks. On his first run, he ended up stealing a cop's gun, so he used that as his main weapon for the majority of his heists. The police department though he was high the first two times, but after he successfully robbed the first national bank, they realized it was serious. They found him one day, standing in the middle of a street looking badass, and they chased after him. He leaped on his horse and rode. And rode. And rode. He came across a large billboard advertising the race.
And the prize money. He was instantly hooked, and rode all the way to [REDACTED] just to participate.
-Name Vehicle: Charlene.
    -Description: A large train cab-like vehicle. It's completely steam and coal-powered, but has an electrical motor just in case. It has a luxurious seating area, a Fuel station, and a seat at the front to steer. Despite LOOKING like a train, is steers and stops on a dime.
-Parts:
      -Land/water: Switching costs 1 fuel, but is otherwise a free action [10/10]
      -Coal engine(+2) [8/8]
      -Cargo [40/40]
      -Fuel tank [5/5] [12/12]
      -Crew quarters [1/3]
      -Dodge d6 [8/8]
      -Armour d5
Abilities:
      -Barrel of explosives (Propels the train d14+2 tiles. Train will take damage if forced to stop)
      -Weapon repulsion magnet.
             -When active: -3 to dodge, will repulse any shot that is dodged.

Dodge: Charlene comes with a strange mechanical thruster underneath both the Main and Cargo cars. It can toss it straight into the air with the push of a button. They even provide a cushion-y landing. Unless there's another car underneath. Then THAT provides the cushion. [-2 heath for +1] [3+1]

Armour: It's...a train. It's made of metal. A lot of it. It' pretty damn well armoured. But for extra protection, he welded on a bunch of sheet metal. [-2 for +1] [2]

Other defences: While he was welding on the metal, he decided it would be bright to place some sliding de-polarized magnets. Or something. Whatever they are, they will send any metal projectiles back at the person who shot/threw them. Quite handy in a pinch. [1]

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2013, 12:45:54 pm »

First weapon is a sniper railgun, long range and accurate. However the ammo is large steel beams, it only fired forward and for a railgun that fires steel poles, it causes little damage. However it has one trick, if a car hit, they now have a steel rod pinning them to the ground which isn't helpful for racing. Named Rain.

Second weapon is two missile rack with a lot(small) ammo that hit hard and far(AOE) but is hard to aim. Named Hail.

final weapon is a battening ram at the front. Melee it is but is the middle ground of power and accuracy. Named Frost.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2013, 01:07:22 pm »

Weapon 1: The Smoke Stack on the top of the train car has been modified to bend in any direction and shoot Flaming Balls of Junk at opponents!

Weapon 2: Some of his money went to getting some REAL guns for this machine. The main control center can rise up out of the roof of the train, quickly turning into a large Gatling Gun. There's a thin shield around it, but only enough to protect the user. [-2 for +1]

Weapon 3: Everyone loves monkeys. Charles managed to pick one up during his travels, and keeps it as a pet. But he eats a lot, so he has a lot of refuge. With the push of a button, a large mound of Banana peels will shoot out of the roof, scattering around the vehicle to the sides and back, which can both block vision, and skid out opponents.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2013, 01:16:24 pm »

What'd I roll for armor?  I assume it was a bad roll.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2013, 01:24:14 pm »

[1]

Did I forget to note it?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2013, 01:27:03 pm »

[1]

Did I forget to note it?
Yes you said [Standard armor with bonus to electrical and explosive resistance, but penalty to fire resistance.] but not roll.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2013, 12:18:13 am »

I love how you did my AI. XD

Also, pre-Weapon requests. What does a number higher than 6 do? Like my 7s over there? Compared to someone who had a 5...why does it seem to be relatively worse (or is the d7+1 not factor in the bonus stated by the Shroud?)? But with lower life?

Alsoalso, redistributable +1 bonus?

And that d8 armor...O_o

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2013, 02:03:03 pm »

Weapon 1: Hrm... I don't know. How about the BIG FUCKING TANK CANNON ON TOP OF THE RALLY TANK. It fires kick ass large cannon rounds towards enemy targets, and comes in Armour Piercing and Incendiary flavours. Both are rigged to explode. Of course, the aim on it isn't all that good, and shots tend to miss, but the explosives... damn the explosives. (Remember that +1? Cashing it in.)

Weapon 2: A .40 Caliber Revolver. What is a revolver going to do against a huge armoured behemoth? Nothing. But a steady hand and a good shot tends to be the finishing blow to most systems. Obviously, they need to have a huge dent in them first, and if it doesn't it'll be just a pea shooter, but hey, the ammo is small and it's a quick shot. (-6Hp-It's a fucking revolver of course it's weak as shit.)

Weapon 3: I LIED. Instead, reroll that dodge roll thing! (With one of the +1s I just gained?)
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2013, 08:59:51 pm »

Weapon 1: Molotov Storm: Hundreds of lit molotovs are ejected from the missile launching bays, spraying anyone behind the Red October in napalm and glass. (+1 if less than 4, if I have a +1. I think I do?)

Weapon 2: Hyperdreadnaught: A large missile system. It can fire up to 3 missiles at a time, and each missile bursts into 12 warheads. Capable of hitting anyone in front of the Red October but it's likely that only a few of the warheads will actually hit- this is the buckshot of missile (6d6, requires a 5 or 6 to hit, can target three enemies, recharge of 3 turns)

Weapon 3: Professional Russian Weapons Liscenses: (Fancy name for dice mods) Up to two +1s, if the weapons above aren't at least 4 each. (if one is 2 and one is 5, then bump the 2 +2, if one is 3 and one is 4, +1 to the 3 and save the +1. If both completely suck then make them equal, if that's not possible, increase roll for the Hyperdreadnaught higher)

If both are 4 or higher, and this is useless, just give me a reroll ticket.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2013, 05:57:47 pm »

Weaponry! Connor does like good ol' strong weaponry!

Weapon 1: Front mounted turreted 8 inch triple cannons! What else on a ship? Can only target ahead and besides itself. Minor aoe -4 hp for a +2, auto-roll.

Weapon 2: Rear mounted turreted 8 inch triple cannons! Imagine someone broadside of us now! Can only target behind and beside itself. -4 hp for +2. Auto-roll.

Problem with both weapons: Cannot target air units.

Weapon 3: Sorry, it's not a weapon. It's an ability: Broadside Barrage. Anyone within a certain range of tiles (if it's close enough for a ship to quickly turn to fire broadside... you know, that kind of thing), then both cannons can fire on the same unit and gets bonuses in accuracy, damage and aoe. -6 hp for +3. Had a -1 to give something else a boost earlier, so overall +2 boost. Auto-roll.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2013, 10:53:31 am »

Weapon Roll 1:  Gauss Hairball Launcher:  A highly accurate midrange launcher of weaponized hairballs.  These are quite capable of piercing armor and damaging the juicy components inside.  Also, the projectiles are really gross.

[Midrange, average damage, high accuracy, can it be armor piercing?]  -4 HP for +2 roll.

Weapon Roll 2:  The Catsplosion Device:  Tapping into his vast knowledge of paradoxical behavior and how to bend physics as far as it will go, Toaster has created The Catsplosion Device.  This weapon can target any nearby spot on the track and focus a beam of cat-like particles, which rapidly begin multiplying.  They reach near-singularity status before the static cling attraction breaks down and blasts outward, engulfing anyone nearby in a firestorm of explosion and burning cat particles.

No actual cats are harmed in the use of this device.

[Midrange, heavy damage, AOE, splash damage on a high roll]  -4 HP for +2 roll.

Weapon Roll 3:  If either of the above are below 3, reroll, priority to the first.  Otherwise, reroll armor.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2013, 01:51:02 pm »

((Er, ok, waiting on me :/))

Weapon I: Boarding Drones

- Sharing the same analytical chip and integrated with the Draugr, these drones are manufactured for short range combat, provided with high base and total accuracy, but low initial damage. Its ammunition takes much space though, and the materials making it are rare and expensive. Hopefully, according to the schematics, these things prove worthwhile in the long run...Probably acting as a sort of counter-measure if done correctly...and if nothing else is available.

[-4 ; +2]

Weapon II: Nix Guns

- Utilizing speed to deliver quick attacks, as well as having a persistent projectile modifier into its built in AI if done correctly, this weapon array located along the anterior ports of the Draugr are made for mid-long range combat, primarily the latter, aiming for increased accuracy and low damage, saving ammunition space; the Nix guns are aptly named by their source. Shapeshifters in the folklore of the ages.

[-2 ; +1]

Weapon III: Sacrifice the slot//space for enough points to allocate into the previous weapons.

If failure of comprehension of this player, this slot will be used as a re-roll of any [or both if possible] of the above and taking the higher number for either, prioritizing Weapon II if it falls below or at 4.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 01:53:39 pm by Tiruin »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 04:54:42 pm »

Yeah sorry, I was going to update but a 504 ate it  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6