Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Humble THQ Bundle  (Read 9130 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Humble THQ Bundle
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:01:52 pm »

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Darksiders, Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon, Company of Heroes (plus Tales of Valor and Opposing Fronts).  Pay more than the average, get Saints Row: The Third.

Do this thing.

There's a minimum bid of $1, but most people should be able to afford that.  Also, this isn't exactly "indie" anymore, but...  Yeah.  Tell me how much you care.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble THQ Bundle
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:10:15 pm »

Holy crap, that's amazing.  Well played, Humble Bundle, you have freed me of yet more of my semi-hard-earned cash.  I doff my cap to you.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:19:49 pm »

I wonder if anyone's how many people are going to buy the bundle and not give any to THQ.

I'm personally getting it just for Company of Heroes.
Nothing important here, move along.

anexiledone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 02:23:18 pm »

If only this pack had Dawn of War in it too.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 02:33:48 pm »

If only this pack had Dawn of War in it too.

You know, I thought pretty much the same thing (also in regards to Supreme Commander), but then I realized that I was saying "Oh wow, look at all this amazingly sweet and juicy deliciousness.  Why doesn't it have chocolate frosting?" and stopped.

Besides, I already have Dark Crusade, so...  Yeah.

No idea if they're going to sweeten the deal in a day or two like they usually do...  But, again, there's already a lot here to be happy about.  I'm certainly not complaining about either THQ or Humble Bundle for doing this.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 02:36:29 pm »

Holy crap, that's a lot of great games for PWW. And SR3 is probably worth paying more than the average price for. Hell yeah!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 02:40:37 pm »

This is amazingly awesome.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 02:48:05 pm »

I don't care for this bundle. I really don't. I bought Saints Row 3 already and nothing else appeals to me. Most of those games are samey rail shooters.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 02:54:28 pm »

Except CoH is one of the best WW2 RTS's and Darksiders is more of a DMC-esque game. Metro is slightly annoying with it's linearity (especially the sneaking parts, endless rage) while I haven't played Armageddon so I have no idea how that plays out.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 02:56:11 pm »

I don't care for this bundle. I really don't. I bought Saints Row 3 already and nothing else appeals to me. Most of those games are samey rail shooters.

Metro 2033 is actually pretty good on atmosphere, and although it's not very good at providing the requirements for alternative playstyles, it at least makes an attempt (but yes, it would have been so much better with a bit more freedom).  Can't say much about Armageddon, or how Red Faction Hulk-Smashy it is.

Beyond those two, nothing is a shooter.  Rail or otherwise.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 02:57:20 pm »

I seriously loved Red Faction:Armageddon, ofc I love all the red faction games so maybe i am biased hahaha.  I bought this already for the last 5$ in my paypal account.  :(  kinda would of liked to pay a bit more but whatever
Nom nom nom

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 02:59:44 pm »

I seriously loved Red Faction:Armageddon, ofc I love all the red faction games so maybe i am biased hahaha.  I bought this already for the last 5$ in my paypal account.  :(  kinda would of liked to pay a bit more but whatever

You can always add more at a later date.  And I think doing so even allows you to qualify for the SR3 bonus if the total goes over the average, but I'm not entirely sure.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 03:16:38 pm »

One reason I haven't bought Saints Row the Third is that every time I see it on sale somewhere, I see that there is also a ton of DLC and getting it all massively inflates the price, and not getting it would be getting an incomplete game. This bundle does not appear to include the DLC, so it too includes an incomplete game.

(Another is that I doubt I would even like it or ever play it :V)

As for the other games in the bundle, the only one I was interested in, I already bought from Steam during a sale months ago.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 03:18:11 pm »

You are on meth. None of these games are railshooters.

I hope THQ gets some much needed funding out of this, they've been on really hard times after the uPlay fiasco and the collapse of their UFC franchise (now lost to EA).  I want them to be able to survive to release their new games (like Company of Heroes 2, just on the horizon of next spring)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 03:22:40 pm »

Hrm. I received a payment confirmation from Amazon, but it hasn't been charged to my account, and Humble Bundle isn't even sending me emails to reactivate the account I didn't know I had. Is anyone else not receiving anything?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7