Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playable humans have blank noble screen.  (Read 1827 times)

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
Playable humans have blank noble screen.
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:30:48 am »

Hey, so I started a human roadside tavern town, but I found that when I tried to create a militia commander and a manager that my noble screen was totally blank.

I did the whole raw modification bid'ness myself, so I may have screwed up. I changed the race_controllable token to go to the humies, and I copied all of the noble position stuff to the humans. However, no nobles, which means that I'll get no paper-pushers, suspicious-salesmen, and especially nobody to save us from a particularly aggressive crocodile. Anything obvious that I may have missed?
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Playable humans have blank noble screen.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 07:52:36 am »

Consider posting the raws you copy-pasted? You may have missed something like expedition leader that appoints everyone else.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 01:25:01 pm »

Sure thing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think that's all I copied. The only thing I changed was the name of the Hammerer to Executioner, and make him use an axe.
Do you need more of the raws?

CrzyMonkeyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • He strikes from above...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 06:28:14 pm »

I think the question is: did you copy-paste them before or after you genned the world you are playing in? IIRC edits to the entity raws need a new world to be genned for them to work.
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 03:17:32 am »

I think the question is: did you copy-paste them before or after you genned the world you are playing in? IIRC edits to the entity raws need a new world to be genned for them to work.

I don't think so. If they were relevant to the gen of the civ, and modify how it would be, maybe. But the nobles are only for the player game. He can simply replace the raws in the save.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 08:43:09 am »

I don't think so. If they were relevant to the gen of the civ, and modify how it would be, maybe. But the nobles are only for the player game. He can simply replace the raws in the save.

The nobles file is called upon during world gen, as the queens, administrators etc in legends mode demonstrate. So you can't edit an entity's nobles after world gen.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 11:05:51 am »

The nobles file is called upon during world gen, as the queens, administrators etc in legends mode demonstrate. So you can't edit an entity's nobles after world gen.
Even if it wasn't there is only a very tiny portion of the entity_default.txt file that doesn't require a new world to be generated (namely enabling/disabling reaction use). Everything else requires a regen.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 08:19:13 pm »

So I need to do a worldgen, then, huh? I had a feeling. Thanks for the help, guys.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 05:13:52 am »

Think something might need a regen? Regen. Think something might not need a regen? Put the world back on the anvil of Armok and regen that bitch.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 05:17:37 am »

Nobles cannot be changed because the save file includes titles like kings, barons and the like which participate in the wars, transformation into night creatures etc., so you cannot change them after the world is made.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 12:24:43 pm »

You clearly didn't read the raws very well. You still have a "chief medical dwarf" other dwarven variants. Rename them for Gods sake! :P Haha so you'd be playing as humans with militia dwarves and CM dwarves :)