Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon and armour material modification question  (Read 608 times)

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weapon and armour material modification question
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:07:28 am »

I would like some way of generating random weapons and armour out of atypical materials for encounters in Adventure Mode.

So you might find Lead Mace, Aluminium Arrows, or Tin Helmet on a bandit or in a fortress.

Where would be a good place to start?

Thanks in advance,
:) Snake_Eyes

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon and armour material modification question
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:09:05 am »

It can be done... I know I had to fight elves with titanium weapons and fire bows before...

I think the setting is in the material.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:21:04 am »

hi, you can do that by opening inorganic_metal.txt and manually searching each metal you're interested in and make sure to add
[ITEMS_WEAPON][ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED][ITEMS_AMMO][ITEMS_DIGGER][ITEMS_ARMOR] to them
then those materials will be used to forge weapons, bows, picks, ammo and armors in the new worlds
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 01:52:15 pm »

Thank you Krantz86!

That seems like a very simple solution to my query and problem.

I will have a go at adding those tags you mentioned to the metals and gen a new world.

Tyvm,
:D Snake_Eyes