Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What will your adventure be?  (Read 986 times)

Lazerlatté

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What will your adventure be?
« on: November 27, 2012, 06:17:46 pm »

With the next updates comes more opportunities to carve out a more immersive experience in adventurer mode. What roles are you guys looking to play in DF? I'm gonna be focusing on being a criminal :P at least at first. If I fail at that I'll swap it out and try my luck as an... Well, an adventurer  :)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: What will your adventure be?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »

My adventurer is going to first explore each site as that race  (we are starting at darkfortresses, forest retreats, and mountain halls now, yes?) so no combat I hope.  Then I will play the psychopath.  If only an Elf adventurer could eat sentient corpes I'd play the Hannibal Lecter of DF...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »

Dwarf axelord who slays great beasts and eats their hearts, who will hopefully be able to wear some armor for a change now that small people sites are going in the game.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 09:43:14 pm »

I plan on first doing something awesome with fort retirement so my adventurer has even more insane strongholds to try to deal with. Along the way we'll find out how well the dwarven AI defends a fort without human intelligence to help understand the player's designs.

Or maybe I'll just take other people's megaprojects from DFFD and retire them and come challenge said projects as an adventurer.

Or... you know, start playing multi-fort succession games using the new retirement mechanics...
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 10:51:45 pm »

I will be a kobold thief(durrrr) that specializes in assassinations and thieving. I will kill all the great leaders and bring glory to koboldkind!

Then i'll go steal crap.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 12:17:06 am »

My first adventurer will walk up to a woman and slap her lower body (unarmed), and see if I still get murdered for it.
People don't take kindly to that currently. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 12:18:23 am »

My first adventurer will walk up to a woman and slap her lower body (unarmed), and see if I still get murdered for it.
Just remember to gouge.

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 10:51:14 am »

I'm probably going to try and find a run down city with a lot of chances for nonlethal combat, and be batman. As in fight crime as a batman... Can batmen fly?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 11:40:31 am »

Yes, they can fly. The AI won't fly across lakes with you, though, if you encounter a friendly tribe in the caverns and try to cross one.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 07:02:11 pm »

Na-na na-na na-na na-na, na-na na-na na-na na-na, na-na na-na na-na na-na, na-na na-na na-na na-na, !!Batman!!!
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 10:31:58 pm »

now if you the spar flag on yourself you can do that lightly and no one will mind, unless she counters it with a punch that is.
due to you didn't set her to spar as well
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 12:25:05 am »

Well, I'd have no idea how to do that, anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 12:31:38 am »

One of two things:

Badass wanderer, going around and cuttin' heads off of bad guys;
Goku. Always show mercy unless the person I'm fighting is truly evil and unrepentant. Fists only. Obviously, needs to be a saiyan.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 12:23:58 pm »

Snake-man bounty hunter w/ Genesis mod.
I just go around sucking blood out of animals and biting heads off sentient (they have [CAN_LEARN],[CAN_SPEAK] or just [INTELLIGENT] in their raw's) beings and then making trophy's out of the skulls.
The only rule is:only 1 skull trophy from 1 specie unless you are forced to fight.Very fun to do.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 05:08:53 pm »

I plan on reviving my first adventurer, MC Flickerfresh. A dwarven swords dwarf. I'll probably become a bad ass and then settle in a kobold camp or dwarf fortress.
Unf.
Pages: [1] 2