Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dealing with mummies  (Read 1328 times)

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dealing with mummies
« on: November 27, 2012, 04:09:00 pm »

So, I've decided to try my hand at adventure mode again, between forts, and I just saw a tomb and decided what I want to do is kill a mummy and take all his stuff.

Now, I've accidentally wandered into these things before gotten horribly murdered, so I need some advice on how to proceed. They only aggro when you steal their stuff and/or mess with their coffin, right? Would sneaking up to them and stabbing them in the face as they wake up be viable? Thoughts? 

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with mummies
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 04:17:58 pm »

That's a good way to get cursed.  Mummys know you are present if you trigger a trap/anything sees you in the tomb, or get too close to their sarcophogus.  Just avoid them if you can or don't feel up to it.  I typically stay out of tombs.

Edit:  Undead mummy ignores undead adventurer.  OPPOSED_TO_LIFE is in effect.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:20:49 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:46:15 pm »

the first thing to do is to move all there corpses away, and burn them.
then attack the mummie.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 04:29:01 am »

1: Become a Necromancer.

2: Enter the tomb and talk with the mummy while eating pastries. He will tell you interesting historical facts.

3:Invite him to come with you.

4:Decapite him with one treacherus stroke.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 12:31:32 pm »

That's a good way to get cursed.  Mummys know you are present if you trigger a trap/anything sees you in the tomb, or get too close to their sarcophogus.  Just avoid them if you can or don't feel up to it.  I typically stay out of tombs.

Indeed, which is why I'm seeking the wisdom of the forum on the matter. :D

Edit:  Undead mummy ignores undead adventurer.  OPPOSED_TO_LIFE is in effect.

1: Become a Necromancer.

2: Enter the tomb and talk with the mummy while eating pastries. He will tell you interesting historical facts.

3:Invite him to come with you.

4:Decapite him with one treacherus stroke.

Hah, I didn't even think of that. Now I just want a mummy BFF, though. :P

the first thing to do is to move all there corpses away, and burn them.
then attack the mummie.

Might try this too... won't it piss him off if you start dicking around with his dead peasants though? Don't want to get cursed or anything.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 03:53:31 pm »

Remove the corpses like Funk said and then go get companions to come with you.  The mummy wouldn't have any bodies to raise and I would think the companions would be able to kill him (or distract him) so he can't curse you.  Maybe throw stuff at the mummy while the followers attack it just to speed things along.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 03:56:39 pm »

This works until he kills your (and then resurrects) companions with his awesome mummy magic.  Bring many companions, enough to cover the spread.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 02:54:53 pm »

Contracted vampirism, killed a fuckton of dudes, found a tomb, stopped by and had a chat about the old days, didn't find any loot I liked, left.

Mummy kept begging me to take him with me on my glorious adventures though... maybe I will, just to see if the townsfolk react at all. Playing as a night creature in Dwarf Fortress is reasonably epic. :D