Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Indie Face Kick bundle over permanently, article inside  (Read 3573 times)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Indie Face Kick bundle over permanently, article inside
« on: November 27, 2012, 03:17:17 pm »

Hey there everyone. I'm currently hosting the indiefort bundle and came across this sad bit of news.

http://site.gamingallthetime.com/gamerx-stories/ifk-the-end-aftermath-espionage-and-whats-next

It seems like a rather drastic case of dev bullying, and I can attest to the existance of such behavior, as I have been bullied personally by devs on two seperate occasions.

It's a sad state of affairs when the people you try to help turn around and extort you. I'm lucky, any of you who know me know that in BOTH cases I landed on my feet and

didn't lost anything, but my hat comes off to these guys.

Sorry to see them go
Poysky Productions

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Indie Face Kick bundle over permanently, article inside
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:54:36 pm »

It is a very sad piece of news but it also appears that BOTH were at fault for breach of contract. Just another lesson that one area you should never neglect is legal expertise.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:06:20 pm »

I had absolutely no idea bundles could be such a legal nightmare. Perhaps that's just optimism from someone who does not work in the games industry. But regardless of the industry, this kind of unprofessional behavior is hard to believe.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 04:17:00 pm »

I've been in the business for a year now in one form or another and I have to say theres a LOT more unprofesionality than one would consider. I'm not talking about my employers mind you, they are great with me, but I have been stiffed by DEVS more than once when working solo.

My best story is with the indiefort championship bundle I hosted a few months back. One of the devs on there was the same one who tried extorting me of 10 k euros 2 years back, ahhh that felt good in a sort of petty "small world isn't it" way.
Poysky Productions

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 06:27:06 pm »

I find it sad that some Indy developers are utter cunts. I still try to believe that developers make games for the love of games but that is slowly starting to fade, it's sad to see how money centric this industry has become
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 06:49:05 pm »

I find it sad that some Indy developers are utter cunts. I still try to believe that developers make games for the love of games but that is slowly starting to fade, it's sad to see how money centric this industry has become

Well the thing people sort of forgot about Indie games because stars were in their eyes is that Indie games are just like any other kind of game.

A lot of the indie games we see now are clearly games that would have been free otherwise but the creator went "wait, I could earn cash on this near flash game quality stuff. Lets merchandise" and no one filters because the game is indie.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 06:55:32 pm »

People can still be jerks even with the indie sparkle showered on them, good to know. (Yes, I know that oversimplified it. Simple is helpful sometimes, though)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 06:58:19 pm »

Keeping it simple as well. Major digital distributors can be good guys as well. I won't mention names or anything but let's just say that A major digital distributor has just taken down that guy's game on the basis of integrity for this guy who has been extorted, YES this major distributing platform is sacrificing money, but what good is money without integrity right?

In any case I hope others take suit and don't let people like him step all over the little guys.

Even though IFK was a competitor I hate what they've done to them.
Poysky Productions

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 07:05:02 pm »

Now that I've read it a bit more, it sounds like a much more complicated, more law-involved (and much less mysterious) version of what I've been hearing on Totalbiscuit's twitter about a singular Sega employee seemingly going on a crusade against Shining Force (and related) LP videos.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 07:06:05 pm »

People can still be jerks even with the indie sparkle showered on them, good to know. (Yes, I know that oversimplified it. Simple is helpful sometimes, though)

Thank you, you have now created a word I shall use for now on: Indie Spice

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 07:08:55 pm »

But I didn't say spice?
I'd said sparkle. Spice works too though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 07:10:32 pm »

But I didn't say spice?
I'd said sparkle. Spice works too though.

Basically Indie Spice doesn't really add anything to a game, it just somehow makes it taste better.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 07:26:02 pm »

Or smell better?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 07:41:20 pm »

Or smell better?

Indeed

I do find it odd that two of my made up terms involve food...

Indie Spice and Parody Cake.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 07:44:10 pm »

Indie spice parody cake.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2