Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampiric aspirations  (Read 891 times)

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampiric aspirations
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:04:59 am »

So, I've created an adventurer (Or is it..adventuree?) "The Man With No Name", he resides in a world called Xesormon. Xesormon has a vampire problem, it would seem. TMWNN has slain 7 vampires thus far, and each time; under the guise of research--He has partaken in the blood of the enemy. Be it from the floor, his sword, his own body, etc etc.
However; He has yet to attain his secret goal of immortality.

tldr; Why am I not a goddamn vampire?

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Vampiric aspirations
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:22:39 am »

High disease resistance can sometimes interfere with vampirism, IIRC.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:31:22 am »

High disease resistance can sometimes interfere with vampirism, IIRC.
What he said, or maybe just bad luck. There's a few times I've drank vampire blood and not obtained vampirism.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 07:22:58 pm »

This has just happened to me seven times in a row, across the lives of two adventurers, both with average disease resistance. So annoying. I really wonder what causes it. The only thing I can think of is that the number of Vampire Curse Types (which should control how many random types/bloodlines of vampires a created at worldgen when Toady actually fleshes out vampires a bit more) does actually have a little bit of active code right now that occasionally throws up non-transmittable blood. Or some stupid bug.

I wonder, if disease resistance is a factor then would genning a adventurer with it turned down to the min eliminate the problem? I'll start doing this with future chars and report back.     
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 11:38:38 pm »

Yeah, I've run into the same problem.  Drinking all +20 blood splatters off of this mutilated vampire corpse and getting zilch in vampirism.  Same with multiple adventurers in this world. I'm running out of vampires.  Just one left that I know of, a real brute with ~7000 kills that lives all alone in an otherwise abandoned city. Was hoping for the stats boost before trying to take him on.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:50:48 pm by Skid »
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.