Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Game over!  (Read 54930 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 4 Looks bleak
« Reply #300 on: January 16, 2013, 08:53:25 am »

So why don't any of you claim anyway? I'm dead any which way the axe falls and have no idea why 2 out of 3 other people here are saying the same - wincon wise.

And nobody else wants to give their results. At all. Bluh.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 16, 2013, 10:15:43 am »

So why don't any of you claim anyway? I'm dead any which way the axe falls and have no idea why 2 out of 3 other people here are saying the same - wincon wise.

And nobody else wants to give their results. At all. Bluh.
Because you're a lying sack of garbage, and I'm not telling anyone what I actually did.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 16, 2013, 10:36:23 am »

..You use me to be the reason why you're not saying anything at all? I mean, the whole day you've been on about me = lying. Pandar = only way out, and you = not saying anything even at this crucial point in time. Because it would help one faction instead of the other despite you, if town, losing at that point maybe?

Yeah, you're with Toaster as the final scumbuddies.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 16, 2013, 10:43:58 am »

Toaster: Pandar's dopp game? Explain please. Shakerag got a Protect on him. Next, what do you believe we have here? A situation of a probable 1 town/1 third party/2 dopp, or 2/1/1?

I tend to have a good eye to pick out Pandar as scum (for example, I pegged him in P17), and he's doing it here.  He gets really quiet- more so than usual.  SK Pandar is more active. (Even considering everyone's poor activity- this read is based more on D1 than anything.)

Lastly, this is LYLO and nobody other than me have claimed anything at all. Other than criticize my claim, nothing else comes out.

Speaking of unhelpful claims, I'm a townie with an anti-tech field.

I guess I didn't put it in shiny flashy lights or anything.

Web:
Now, as to why I'm confused, what I'm confused about is Toaster voting Pandarsenic. I have to lynch a Dopp to have a chance, but I'm not sure who's a Dopp.

For the same reasons you're claiming- you think he's a Dopp, and you claim to want a dopp dead (which is probably true, seeing how you're an alien and all.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 16, 2013, 11:09:34 am »

..You use me to be the reason why you're not saying anything at all? I mean, the whole day you've been on about me = lying. Pandar = only way out, and you = not saying anything even at this crucial point in time. Because it would help one faction instead of the other despite you, if town, losing at that point maybe?

Yeah, you're with Toaster as the final scumbuddies.
I'm using everyone as the reason I'm not saying anything, moron. It's literally like all you want is the information. But, you can't lynch me if I don't give you it. If you do, you lose maybe.

So... the only way for me to win is to not give you that information. One, because I don't care what you think. Two, because there's no reason for me to divulge it.

Just a question, why did you pick zombie urist? I mean, come on. There's so many other good choices. Plus, I mentioned earlier that zombie urist can't be scum. He's a Kook. And this one is basically 100% confirmed. Is it so you'd have a reason to be visiting his house? That's why I've assumed you're the Exty. It makes sense, to a stupid degree, but you know, it's also dumb.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 16, 2013, 11:10:58 am »

Web:
Now, as to why I'm confused, what I'm confused about is Toaster voting Pandarsenic. I have to lynch a Dopp to have a chance, but I'm not sure who's a Dopp.

For the same reasons you're claiming- you think he's a Dopp, and you claim to want a dopp dead (which is probably true, seeing how you're an alien and all.)
Why assume alien and not Dopp?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 16, 2013, 11:20:11 am »

Web: I've said this already.

I think you and Tiruin have been attacking each other too much to be on the same team.  You're good at bussing, sure, but I don't think Tiruin has the stomach for it.  His unhelpful claim doesn't change anything, leading me to the conclusion that Tiruin is the other dopp and you are the alien.  You're not one to lurk it up when you have a third-party role- you'd take command instead.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 16, 2013, 11:25:02 am »

The Whiteboard
Pandarsenic: Toaster, webadict
webadict: Tiruin

You grab ahold of Pandarsenic and strap him down in the chair. He protests, but seems to realize the futility of it. Toaster picks up the pistol and blasts a bullet into Pandarsenic's head in a smooth motion.

The body stays human, as so many before it had. Rifling through his coat you find a lab book that details his experiments. Seems he was a Cutting Edge Scientist working in the labs.

You split up and head off to your rooms.

Sorry for the inadvertent extension again. Things have been a bit hectic around here and my normal schedule is completely out of whack.

In any case, Night has Fallen! Send in your Actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 17, 2013, 11:06:07 am »

Tiruin stands in his workshop, affixing a few of zombie urist’s limbs to his Abomination. It stirs to life, eyes swiveling and fingers jerking spasmodically.

“Yes, Fordageddon, it is time. Time for you to go forth and kill!” he grins.

The creature beings to move. It stretches its four arms out, testing its reach and strength. The doppelganger claws of one set scrape down across a cabinet with a horrible screeching sound. The beast winces,cupping hands over the ears of both it’s normal head and the doppelganger head attached to the middle of its chest.

"Good, good!" He laughs. "Now we need to get you dressed!" He pulls out a strange dress crudely sewn from a pink curtain. "Ridiculous, I know, but it'll do. It'll do."

The Organ Harvester runs it through a few more exercises, getting it used to its new body. Satisfied, he is about to give it the kill orders for the night when the door opens.

Two doppelgangers step into the room.

“Damn you!” screams Tiruin, “Fordageddon, ATTACK!”

The Abomination lumbers forward towards Toaster who quickly rolls out of the way of a swipe. Webadict pulls out a pistol and empties 8 rounds into the monster in rapid succession. It screams and bellows, turning on him. Before he can react he is grabbed by the two human arms while doppelganger claws rip into him. Toaster leaps at the beast, claws shredding one side of it. With a great bellow of pain, the Abomination flings webadict away and punches Toaster square in the side of the head. He staggers backwards and sits heavily onto the ground.

While the doppelganger is stunned the Abomination moves forward. The strange sound of four booted feet echos through the chamber as it draws closer, grabbing up a heavy oxygen tank as it moves in for the kill. With a final burst of strength the mortally wounded Webadict leaps onto the beast’s back, claws dug in and teeth buried in its neck.

It roars in pain and staggers sideways, twisting and turning, trying to dislodge the doppelganger. But it has lost too much blood, sustained too much damage. With a final whimper it collapses to the ground, pinning its attacker beneath it.

Toaster gets up. Hurt, furious, with the bloodlust a red haze obscuring all else. He turns upon a cowering Tiruin. The Alien picks up a scalpel to defend itself, but the doppelganger is too fast. His claws nearly rip the hand holding the scalpel off as he moves in before ripping out Tiruin’s throat with his teeth.

The Alien’s body drops backwards, orange blood pooling on the floor.

The room is silent, now, except for the sound of dripping blood and the heavy breathing of the last survivor of the lab.

Toaster heaves the body of the Abomination off of webadict and gathers up the body of his fallen kin. It is time to leave this place and find better hunting grounds.

And that's that. Doppelgangers win!

I really hope the abysmal attendance of this game isn't a sign of things to come. This is by far the worst I've seen in a Paranormal.

In any case:

Here are the Role PMs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dopp Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/ZMxJBGHNqFZ3   
Dead Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/prDQugFGmPpi   

Night actions will follow in the next post.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 17, 2013, 11:08:03 am »

Night 1:

Night 2

Night 3
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 17, 2013, 11:11:08 am »

If only activity had been...

Err, more.

Can't say it was fun being the first OH, but it was fun writing it all down in thought. Best thing, I got a dopp kook. :P

Edit: I was dead by Day 4, and the huge number of guards...What kind of facility is this?!

Sad to hear that the OH can't do anything after [X] complete abductions, but yep. First time Doomspeaker.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:16:41 am by Tiruin »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 17, 2013, 11:32:56 am »

I really hope the abysmal attendance of this game isn't a sign of things to come. This is by far the worst I've seen in a Paranormal.
Worse than 19?

Also I totally called Toaster and web being the dopps.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Game over!
« Reply #312 on: January 17, 2013, 12:18:10 pm »

I'd like to apologize for my terrible activity.  I think I'm a bit burned out/too distracted by other things and need a little break.  Heck, I just now realized I totally forgot about my mind control ray!

The good parts of the game were good, though!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 17, 2013, 01:36:26 pm »

Well I was totally useless lol.

Organ harvester is pretty cool though.

Also Dariush was a dopp that claimed kook, which is interesting.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 17, 2013, 02:02:59 pm »

Well, the last day and night were completely pointless. The game was already over, since there wasn't anything that could lynch dopps (due to them being in the majority) and nothing could kill Toaster (due to him being guarded).

Now, about OH. The role is bad, to be concise. The 'no abductions after abomination' makes him quite weak, and, as we have seen here, a 'mere' omnikill is not enough if at least one of the dopps is guarded. Basically, he's an SK who can't kill whenever he wants to. Also, it is quite obvious by D3 that the abductions are carried out by an OH and not by Xeno. Tiruin, you're an idiot for trying to convince me otherwise. Xeno, my ass. Anyway, as is, OH is a weakened version of Exty with a delayed kill. Not good.

Also, three people for the abomination in a 13-player game with three deaths per day+night (one lynch, one vig'd and one NK'd) is nigh-unwinnable for the OH. If the vig isn't out of the picture ASAP (as he was this game) or if the OH makes a mistake even a single time (gets RB'd, for example), he lost. No way to complete the abomination in time, no way to win. Bad end.

What I think should be done is three things. Firstly, don't have the bodies being discovered. Have the people guessing to the end. If not feasible, delay the kill of the abducted people by one day and unify the flavor of OH abduction and a Xeno one. This way the type of the abductor won't be obvious until D4. Secondly, give him some way to not be a sack of meat once he releases the abomination and enters a face-off with the dopps. The most obvious way, IMO, would be to give him a one-shot morningkill (or maybe a daykill) the night he completes the abomination. This way, he can still win if one guard happens. And finally, most importantly, calibrate the number of deaths. Make him mutually exclusive with a vig. And, as a personal opinion, don't put an OH in games with less than 14 players, where you can give him a requirement of three corpses without it being impossible to fulfill.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:06:39 pm by Dariush »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23