Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Game over!  (Read 54966 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 22 - Day 1 - Terror Underground
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 06:18:31 pm »

Captain Ford:  You have a stun bomb.  When would you use it?
Depends on my role and the circumstances. If I was exterminator, I'd keep it in store for the endgame. If I was an organ harvester (which seems a lot like the watcher from Paranormal 10), I would wait to fire it off until the second night at least. No need to telegraph my presence so early on. I suppose I'd wait until I could cause maximum confusion and paranoia.

Pandersenic: If you were a doppelganger psychic warden, how would you pick your target?

Nerjin: If you were a guard, which of the three types (Heroic, Observant, Vengeful) would you most prefer to be? Why?

Hapah: Do war vets scare you? Why or why not?

Ottofar: Random.org rolled your number three times in a row. Why does it hate you so much?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 06:21:12 pm »

Shakerag:
Deathsword:  Why did I choose to not vote anyone in my first post of the game?
Probably because you are tired of doing the same thing in RVS over and over again and wanted to do something different.

Nerjin:
Shakerag Same question.
Why didn't you make your own question?

Captain Ford:
How important do you think original questions are in RVS?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 06:25:13 pm »

Nerjin:
Shakerag Same question.
Why didn't you make your own question?

Because I'm honestly just curious at this point. I find it beneficial to see other players perspectives on similar questions.

Nerjin: If you were a guard, which of the three types (Heroic, Observant, Vengeful) would you most prefer to be? Why?

Observant. It would pass along vital information to the night kill target. While I'd still die I'd be able to at least help town [most likely anyway.]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 07:04:14 pm »

Bookthras. Ehhh... Are you scum?
No. Are you?

Toaster: are you a kook?

Ottofar:  do you plan to be active this game, or to lurk uselessly for days on end?

Pandarsenic: Long time no see. Please answer the same three questions as above. How's the midterm situation? How long does it take to make it through typing school these days anyway?

Ford: slight correction: there are four types of guards, those three plus Guardian, who doesn't die if he successfully protects. Also, if you were a reporter, when would you choose to watch instead of following your target?

Meph:
Player List:
  • Pandarsenic
  • webadict
  • Dariush
  • Hapah
  • Nerjin
  • Toaster
  • Jack A T
  • Bookthras
  • Deathsword
  • Tiruin
  • Captain Ford
  • Ottofar
  • Shakerag
4 Pods were discovered and brought to this facility. One was opened and dissected. The other three lay, awaiting their turn.  They did not wait. They opened. And now there are Three Doppelgangers amongst you. [...]

Now, it is just the 12 of you left.

1) Please confirm whether there are twelve or thirteen players in this game.
2) Is there any significance about the fourth pod, opened and dissected? Can we take this to mean there's an organ harvester about or somesuch?
3) "There are Three Doppelgangers amongst you", is that three dopps in the game, total? Or may there be a fourth dopp that is somehow not "amongst us" due to being abducted or something?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 07:09:49 pm »

There are 13 players. 12 was a mistype.

The 4th pod is just flavor. It was dissected by researchers at the facility. There are only 3 Doppelgangers.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 07:18:18 pm »

Jack:  With thirteen players and three dopps, how many aliens are you expecting to see?
Toaster: I'm guessing 1 or 2 aliens, based on glances at the roles in prior Paranormals with similar numbers of players and dopps.

Mephansteras: In the Paranormal rules thread, you said you think you'll leave Spore Spreaders out for Paranormal 22.  In the Paranormal 22 role list, you list the game-ending Spore Spreader.  Can a Spore Spreader potentially be in this game?

Dariush: As town, which of the following would you consider the highest priority lynch target: an exterminator, an organ harvester, or a dopp?

Webadict: If you were a dopp, which role would you most fear in the hands of the town?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 07:21:55 pm »

Mephansteras: In the Paranormal rules thread, you said you think you'll leave Spore Spreaders out for Paranormal 22.  In the Paranormal 22 role list, you list the game-ending Spore Spreader.  Can a Spore Spreader potentially be in this game?

No, Spore Spreader is not in this game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 07:26:09 pm »

Oh, good.

Bookthras: How will the lack of spore spreaders influence your day game, compared to previous Paranormals?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 07:54:35 pm »

First things first: I am a Kook.

Hapah: Do war vets scare you? Why or why not?
They do. I don't know that I've played in a game with one at Bay12, but in my experience they can cause lots of "accidents". The best I every saw was 5 deaths in one night via War Vet in a StarCraft Mafia.

Jack AT:
What would your Survivor small tech pick be? Why?

Toaster: Would you take Holdout Blaster as an Exty? You took DMB in the last Paranormal, and you nearly won.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 08:05:04 pm »

Hapah how can we trust that you really are just a harmless Kook? Seems to me like a decent enough way to pretend to be town when you're really a Dopp. So I have just 2 questions for you:

1) Why did you claim Kook already?
2) What can you say that would convince us you really are a Kook and not a Dopp?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 08:18:48 pm »

Hapah how can we trust that you really are just a harmless Kook? Seems to me like a decent enough way to pretend to be town when you're really a Dopp. So I have just 2 questions for you:
I'm not that gutsy, lol.

1) Why did you claim Kook already?
I think the point has been talked to death already (and I hope we can avoid running into the ground again), but I haven't been the speaker in those discussions. There's no single "best" way to go about claiming Kook, but I feel like I've got to claim it Day 1. I can tell you I'd be deader than dead if I waited until D3 or so to volunteer the information, or claimed it after being inspected. I just saved our Cop a night action!
2) What can you say that would convince us you really are a Kook and not a Dopp?
If there was something one could say to convincingly claim Kook early D1, you can best your ass Dopps would do it every time. There isn't any magic word I can say that convinces you. Everyone just has to decide if I'm being upfront, or if I'm a Dopp will balls of steel.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 08:26:07 pm »

Justification.

It seems safer to me to just off you today then just in case. Here's what you're probably trying.

1. You roll dopp. All is not lost.
2. You decide to play the odds that no one actually rolled Kook.
3. You claim and then paint this picture of trying to save our cop a night action.

Equally likely? You're doing what you said you're doing.

However herein lies an issue. Either option is likely. You've admitted we can't trust your claim. Maybe you're town or maybe you're dopp. But right now you're the biggest visible threat. If it inspects dopp like a dopp, and it claims town like a dopp, it's probably a dopp. My vote stands.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2012, 08:31:30 pm »

I don't follow point 1.

Point 2, Meph's game don't have strict limits on how many of each thing there can be, as people used to figure out what roles were left (I don't know what game that happened, it was before my time here). It's in the OP right under the kill definitions.

Point 3: That was a joke. I was trying to be lighthearted. Last time I try that!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2012, 08:37:16 pm »

I don't follow point 1.
Basically I'm only saying you rolled dopp and you figured "I can turn this to my advantage."

Point 2, Meph's game don't have strict limits on how many of each thing there can be, as people used to figure out what roles were left (I don't know what game that happened, it was before my time here). It's in the OP right under the kill definitions.

Ah but here's the thing my dear friend: The odds of you being dopp are a confirmed 1/4. Odds of being a Kook? Much much lower. Odds of there being multiple Kooks? Comparatively Astronomical! While it is possible for there to be multiple kooks the liklihood is low enough that we'd be safer playing the odds that you are just a straight up dopp.

Point 3: That was a joke. I was trying to be lighthearted. Last time I try that!

Jokes are fine when you haven't basically admitted to having symptoms of being one of the Dopps! I'm comfortable with the odds of you being a Dopp vs. you being a kook.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2012, 08:48:07 pm »

Captain Ford:
How important do you think original questions are in RVS?
Not as important as original answers.

Ford: slight correction: there are four types of guards, those three plus Guardian, who doesn't die if he successfully protects. Also, if you were a reporter, when would you choose to watch instead of following your target?
1. That's the reason I spelled out which three types I meant in the question. I debated whether or not to specify that the guardian was left out, but decided to leave it out for brevity.
2. That's easy. Whenever I trust the target and am more interested in who would want to do him harm than who he is targeting. It's also capable of identifying multiple night actions, whereas following someone can only identify one.

First things first: I am a Kook.
Hapah how can we trust that you really are just a harmless Kook? Seems to me like a decent enough way to pretend to be town when you're really a Dopp.
(emphasis mine)

...I really hope you're not a doppleganger war vet. Because that would be a great way for wiping out a lot of town roles.

On the other hand, I kind of hope you're a town war vet, since the dopples are likely to target a confirmed townie.

PPE: Responding to 2 new posts:

It seems safer to me to just off you today then just in case. Here's what you're probably trying.
-snip-

I disagree, because we'll have more information overall if we lynch somebody else. He's an easy lynch right now, and if he does flip dopple, we'll have less to go on for picking tomorrow's targets.

The most dangerous scenario is that he's a doppelganger war vet, and he's encouraging us to night action him. But I think that's a long shot. He could just as easily be a town war vet, and he's trying to save town while encouraging the dopples to night-kill him.

Anyways, if we don't lynch him, and he survives the night, then I think he's worth some more attention. Unvote.

I would, however, view anyone pushing for his lynch with an ounce of suspicion, considering he's confirmed town if he's telling the truth.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23