Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station  (Read 24800 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2013, 02:18:23 pm »

((Thanks, it's been fun for me too. I guess Durand will buy fancy(ier) clothes with those credits.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station
« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2013, 08:57:31 am »

Miniturn
Durand Mondegan (Caellath)

The humanoid creature nods, and turns away from you to dig in the heaps of broken technology, parts, and scrap scattered about the room as if looking for things, soon enough he has three items laying at your feet each of them looking somewhat grimy but certainly still in a useable shape.

"Here, here, these trinkets good trinkets, you likes them I swear."

The creature says as he nervously checks the two tunnels that enter the small room, with your gun still in your hand you inspect the trio of items he laid out before you for something of use. The first thing you find is a datapad, looking it over you find it lists stellar coordinates for
several places, but it gives no hint as to what these things could even be. Secondly you find a cylinder with extremely intricate circuits all along the outside and around a dozen plug-ins, you can't manage to identify it quite yet but you get the feeling if you get access to the databanks in your quarters it'll be easy to figure out what it is. The last thing you pick up is the most important, you flip it over several times to make sure what you're seeing is for real, and grin as you turn it one last time, in your hands is a silver card that reads on the side 'Master Override Card for Phalanx'. Quite a find ... your concentration is broken as the creature speaks up,

"Oh! Beasts in the big tunnel, they hunters, they always hungry. No bother Rax tho', beasts no like Rax."

Spoiler: Durand's Status (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 27, 2013, 01:05:52 pm »

"Well, point me there, then. Also: do you like living here, Rax?" Durand asks, curious about the creature's outlook on life while living in such a crappy place.

To the "big tunnel" to hunt beasts.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2013, 06:11:13 pm »

Miniturn

Rax turns his head for a moment as he thinks about what you said, after a moment he shakes his head, and replies,

"No, I hate here, but here better home, other home only death."

With that he walks over to the hallway on the far side of the room from where you entered, and points down it, you take it that is where the 'big tunnel' is and head off down it. You walk the entire length of the hallway with the Regitor at the ready, and your finger on the trigger, but as you walk out into the 'big tunnel' which turns out to be the tramway you find nothing. You look around for some sign of beasts, but all you see is scraps of paper, pieces of rotting metal, and the like. Confused you start to head back towards the hallway, but you stop short and dive for the ground as a massive beast throws itself at you, it grows straight over your head and rolls upright a couple of feet away from you.

Looking at it the thing vaguely resembles a wolf, but its skin is pale, and instead of eyes it has nose slits across its face, its mouth is filled with razor sharp teeth the length of your hand and the thing has to come up to your waist height wise. Throwing yourself up and forward you take off at a full sprint for the tunnel entrance firing at the beast as you go, the burst tears into the beast's side leaving its left chest a bloody ruin, however the creature lets out a pained roar and shrugs it off. As the action slides back into place you feel it stick, and spare a glance down to find the next bullet half out keeping the action from sliding back into place. You watch as two more of the things slink from the shadows of the tunnel, and you start to back away thinking of a way to handle this ...

Enemy Statuses
Spoiler: Wolf Beast 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolf Beast 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolf Beast 3 (click to show/hide)

Elsewhere

Jack Hansan, and Robert (Tavik_Toth, 10ebbor10)
The two of you begin to sift through the munitions crates in the vicinity, there is far to many of them to check them all now, but you check all of those in the process of building the cover pile on the Hover Trolly. Two of the crates you two check in the process are filled with explosives, the first is a bunch of the standard issue UM frags, and the second is a much smaller crate filled with explosive rounds for the Regitor rifles. Robert takes ten of the frags while Jack takes four, and pockets four of the explosive clips for the Regitor, with that done the two of you admire your work for a moment as you look at the hover trolley now loaded with crates four across, three tall, and two deep, it'll be able to soak up some fire that is for sure but you doubt you want any explosives going off near it considering half the crate have unfired ammo in them.

Deniard Wilkins, and Isara Velias (Spinal_Taper, Tiruin)
Turning the corner you both see a pair of guards at the end of the hallway, and before they can notice either of you Deniard grabs Isara and points his gun in the vague direction of her head. Realizing the guards have now noticed him Deniard yells down the hallway,

"Hey you two, I got a hostage here, come help me get this one to a holding cell or something."

The two stand stunned for a moment before coming running down the hallway only clumsily holding their rifles in their hand, when they draw closer one of them looks you up and down for a moment. His eyes fall on the tear in your uniform, and he begins to yell out when a round tears through his shoulder and into his chest killing him instantly before he could even make a sound. Zelnar is on the other guard right as the one Ursa shot goes down, the first slash only glances the soldiers wrist, but the second one hits with the sickening sound of metal on bone as Zelnar drags it through the soldiers midriff. Looking up, and down the hallway it seems no one heard anything, and the rest of the space appears to be vacant of other guards for the time being leaving your small group in peace as Robert and Jack meet up with you pushing a hastily constructed piece of cover formed of crates and a hover trolley. How to proceed ...

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)

Player Statuses
Spoiler: Jack's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Isara's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Robert's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deniard's Status (click to show/hide)

Allied NPC Statuses

Spoiler: Ursa, Mercenary Ally (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:14:39 pm by adwarf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 28, 2013, 07:21:43 pm »

((Forgot to add it to my turn, but Durand accepted and pocketed Rax's gifts.))

It is during these moments that Durand realizes how valuable a grenade capable of taking down enemies with little environmental damage is. "Chew on this." The seneschal decides brute force is more acceptable than any attempt at taking advantage of surroundings which work as home for his pursuers.

Toss the rifle at the beasts to distract them, then fire at their faces, first with the Yulrich shotgun and then with the MCS.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 28, 2013, 08:08:21 pm »

((Turn up, turnip! Yay! Yay!))

"That was...a bit stronger than I'd have liked Deniard." Isara said as he let go of her and checked the corpses for the...same thing I did before to the rest. "You're a good actor."

Spoiler: Anyway... (click to show/hide)

"I've got a print of the area from Robert and the two guards were the only ones down this whole corridor. Down that way is our objective, supposedly guarded in the interior. There's a path leading to another area and the only inhabitants are another two soldiers and an officer.

"Can someone fake a request for assistance down this lane? We could easily ambush them at the corner of our corridor. How's that sound?"

Propose plan.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2013, 12:28:03 am »

Miniturn

Letting the Regitor fall from your hands, you thrust your right hand forward and manipulate the MCS's trigger into the fire position, the small gun roars and tears the entire lower half of your uniform's sleeve to shreds in the process. The majority of the shot hits one of the creatures in the throat, and the monstrosity drops immediately as its head comes clear of its body, before either of the other two beasts can move you have your naval shotgun leveled at the remaining unwounded beast. The gun fires with almost zero recoil, and the shell cycles out of the airlock chamber to fall empty on the ground beside you, by the time the empty shell clatters against the floor the third wolf thing is convulsing as the last of its vital ichor seeps out onto the floor next to it. The remaining beast, now enraged by the loss of its pack and its wounds, leaps at you in a suicidal charge.

You manage to get the stock of your gun up in time and the beasts mouth snaps down on the reinforced metal, scratching it but doing nothing else, however trapped as it is the beast strikes out with its claws missing once before the other scrapes across your chest tearing the UM uniform to ribbons but quickly deflecting off your power armor. Letting go of the shotgun, and pushing the monster away you draw your knife, Drawing your cloak around you your shape fades out of sight leaving the monster unaware of where your location, thinking it hears you the thing leaps at a spot a few feet to your right spelling its own demise, fading out of the shadows you slam your dagger into the back of its skull where it buries up the hilt and stays. Looking around with a half-grin you admire your handiwork while thinking of how to proceed.

Enemy Statuses
Spoiler: Wolf Beast 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolf Beast 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolf Beast 3 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:29:54 am by adwarf »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2013, 01:27:23 am »

((Turn up, turnip! Yay! Yay!))

"That was...a bit stronger than I'd have liked Deniard." Isara said as he let go of her and checked the corpses for the...same thing I did before to the rest. "You're a good actor."
"Thanks. Think I could make a career in it?"
Check the bodies for a better disguise and for ammunition.
"Hey, you think we could go ahead and try and pass ourselves off as cargo haulers? Any crates around here?"
Look around for a box or a crate.
Onwards. Keep on the lookout.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:24:36 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2013, 03:47:13 am »

"Hey, you think we could go ahead and try and pass ourselves off as cargo haulers? Any crates around here?"
"I sincerely doubt it. Cargo haulers, deep in this station? It would be too out of place, and by knowledge I believe that those types are only seen near the maintenance areas or the docking ports. Both of which are far away from our objective.

"Since we're in this relative respite, I guess we're in the clear. Proceed with the objective and get out of here. I do not like the looks of whats in their wallets."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2013, 08:38:20 am »

"Lets just get to the objective."

cover Robert.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2013, 03:15:27 pm »

"Well, I can't go around with my disguise in tatters." The seneschal nudges a particularly large and bloody chunk of a pseudo-wolf's corpse with his armored boot as he takes an absent look around.

Get tokens from the corpses to validate the kills, then go to Rax and check if he has pieces of an uniform to replace the destroyed ones.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2013, 05:10:54 pm »

Yeah, I doubt they'll let cargo haulers into their database rooms. Additionally, we don't have the right uniforms or anything. Besides, we need to move quickly, it's only a matter of time before we're detected one way or another.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2013, 08:13:41 pm »

"Lets just get to the objective."
"Brevity, then."

((ebbor, your action is missing! :P))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 02, 2013, 02:27:14 am »

((I know, there's no action.))

Continue onwards to the objective. Watch out for enemies coming from the left. They might have heard the shots. Keep the cart, it provides decent cover.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2013, 04:59:44 pm »

Miniturn

You spend a good minute pulling your dagger from the beast's skull, wiping it off on some scraps of cloth you set to work cutting the most prominent fangs from each of the creatures, by the time you're done you have seven of the fangs gathered in a small bag made of strips of cloth from your shredded uniform. Your work done you head back the way you came, and stop in Rax's home where he quickly turns his attention to you when you ask for a uniform or pieces to fix/repair what you're wearing, turning his head to the side he sets to work digging through more scrap piles. A few minutes later he pulls a slightly crumpled UM Private's uniform from the pile, and hands it to you with a short nod before turning to a small niche in the corner of the room, walking over he pulls a long and weathered black case from within.

Turning to you the hunched figure speaks,

"Can I ... come with you, I want better life, I want purpose, maybe you give me that. If you let me course ..."

Elsewhere

Isara Velias (Tiruin)

With your plan being set into motion you move on towards the doors the lead to database, moving into position on the closest side of the massive door next to the keypad you ready your pistol and get settled into wait. Not long after your in place Zelnar takes his place on the far side of the door and the pair of you prepare to take down anyone that comes out of the door, while the others handle the guys in the lower hallway enemies coming in from behind could result in the deaths of your allies.

Deniard Wilkins (Spinal_Taper)
You follow close behind Isara as you draw your rifle, check the chamber, and slide into your position on the upper corner of the left hallway just as Robert pushes his piece of mobile trolley cover into place smack in the middle of the hallway. You smirk slightly and set the sights of your gun further down the hallway focusing on the far end as Ursa begins to sneak her way down towards the end with her custom Peacemaker gripped tightly in hand. As she gets closer to the far end you get a growing feeling that whatever she's about to drag out of those hallways into your trap might be more then you can chew, taking a nervous breath you double check the scope on your gun and prepare for whatever surprise is about to flip this mission on its head ...

Skill Discovered: Sixth Sense - Danger

Robert (10ebbor10)

You take you place in the middle of the hallway behind the shield of the crate covered hover trolley, you check to ensure that all the explosives you are carrying are safely tucked away before settling you rifle on the edge of a crate. Settling in to wait for the coming fight you cover Ursa as she proceeds down the hallway to lure the other UM soldiers in the area into a trap, you just hope that everything goes alright since any screw-up right now would result in a likely lethal retreating firefight to get back aboard Jack's shuttle and off this hellhole of a station.

Jack Hansan (Tavik Toth)

Hefting your looted Regitor you give it a quick check over before ensuring the clip is solidly in place, pressing your back against the corner on the nearest part of the tunnel you nod to Terence as he joins you. You notice the old man is fairly nervous as he keeps ducking out from behind cover to check the hallway despite Robert, and Deniard covering it, when you try to reassure the man that everything is going to be fine he shushes you into silence and soon the only sound you can here is the light tap of Ursa's feet and clicking vent fans.

Everyone
When Ursa reaches the end of the hallway, stopping just before a pair of reinforced airlock doors, she yells out telling the nearby UM troops of intruders coming up the elevator shaft. She doesn't stick around to wait for the UM soldiers and begins to pelt down the hallway towards you the moment she finishes, its not long before you hear hurried footsteps, and not long after that before you see three men come from the right side hallway, and a single guard from the left. You are quite surprised to find that the officer that accompanies the right hand group has a massive belt-fed autocannon in his hands while the three soldiers are wielding the standard Regitors, within moments all hell breaks loose as both sides open fire ...

Issue actions for what you want to do during this fight, things are certainly getting fun now :3

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Player Statuses
Spoiler: Jack's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Isara's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Robert's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deniard's Status (click to show/hide)

Allied NPC Statuses

Spoiler: Ursa, Mercenary Ally (click to show/hide)

Enemy Statuses
Spoiler: UM Soldier #6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: UM Soldier #7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: UM Soldier #8 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: UM Support Officer (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18