Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station  (Read 24816 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station
« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2013, 01:21:37 pm »

"That's what I thought, too," Isara said, walking up to Deniard and smiling at Zelnar. "But that's where friendship kicks in. He knows how to handle danger."

Inspect the Naval Officer's garments for any kinds of codes, signals, badges or medals and the like--mostly just for future loot/show, but currently to discern if he had anything useful on him.

Probably a map, hopefully.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2013, 04:14:11 pm »

Deniard furrowed his brow as he examined the garments.
"What, you two know each other? So where's he from? Don't see many space swordsmen around here, after all."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2013, 04:21:13 pm »

"What, you two know each other? So where's he from? Don't see many space swordsmen around here, after all."
"He's a childhood friend, someone I trust my life with."

Literally, I can't tell him where or how exactly he received his training. I should've...asked mother about it.

"Believe me when I say he's more than a swordsman."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 06, 2013, 05:10:31 pm »

"He's a childhood friend, someone I trust my life with."

Literally, I can't tell him where or how exactly he received his training. I should've...asked mother about it.

"Believe me when I say he's more than a swordsman."
"You're not from around here either then. Huh."
He frowned.
"Here I was thinking we were just a motley crew of scoundrels and brigands."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2013, 05:16:34 pm »

Isara blinked and glanced over the rest.

"But we are a motley crew. No structured uniform, rank or place or formal allegiance--we're working together because we all have a common goal, and basically trust each other on that part, is what I see."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2013, 05:54:04 pm »

Isara blinked and glanced over the rest.

"But we are a motley crew. No structured uniform, rank or place or formal allegiance--we're working together because we all have a common goal, and basically trust each other on that part, is what I see."
"Yes, we are a motley crew, but, c'mon. We've got a big ol' swordsman. Today's day n' age, I think that disqualifies us from being brigands and scoundrels, doesn't it?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2013, 12:17:30 am »

"I never received the note that we were brigands or scoundrels, or that I'd be working with them," Isara said with the slightest of hints that she had gotten the idea.

"But we can debate that later-time is of the essence. Robert, could you check where the armories or barracks are in this place-and suitable routes we could take if anything goes wrong? Ventilation shafts or whatnot?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station
« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2013, 08:45:14 pm »

Miniturn
Robert (10ebbor10)
You pull up the visuals for all the cameras the console has power over but you quickly notice that in the area the terminal controls its quite sparse coverage if the doors you see are any indication. You usher everyone over to look at the video feeds and then switch over to disabling alarms, and the like. Your attempts go extremely badly as you spend several minutes fighting the system for further access before it decides to fight back pushing you onto the defensive. Within ten minutes the system completely locks you out of everything but the camera feeds which you can only switch between now.

Jack Hansan (Tavik_Toth)
You take a rifle off of one of the dead soldiers along with four extra before turning your attention to the locker which you quickly pop open to find a rather small amount of supplies inside it.

Code: (Stuff in the Locker) [Select]
1 Unit of Medical Supplies [Weight: 4 Kg; Value - ~65 credits]
8 Clips for the XRZ Pistol [Value - ~16 Credits]
8 Clips for the Regitor Assault Rifle [Value - ~80 credits]
19 Shells for the UM Naval Shotgun [Value - ~50 credits]
Mk. II Yulrich Naval Shotgun [Atk: 8, Atk. Speed: 1, Ammo: 1/1, Weight: 3 Kg, [abbr=Roll a 1d10 if the result is a 7-10 then the gun jams and takes one turn to unjam]Unreliable[/abbr]]
3 XRZ Pistol Model 1 [Atk: 1, Atk. Speed: 4, Ammo: 12/12, Weight: 1 Kg]

With that done you head down the hallway to the south to find a completely empty room with another steel door built into the wall in front of you and above the door in dark black letters you see the words 'Defense Droids Bay'.

Isara Velias (Tiruin)
You search the Naval Officer's corpse for anything of use, but besides his weapon and uniform you only find a wallet that is empty except for an ID and forty-two credits.

Deniard Wilkins (Spinal_Taper)
You quickly check all of the soldiers for anything of value, finding a few wallets with credits in them, the soldiers' weapons, and their uniforms to be the only possessions they have. Of the uniforms you find that the uniform of the soldier Zelnar stabbed through the chest is fairly intact if you strapped your gun in the front you could cover the hole where the sword went through easily enough though whether the disguise would work is hard to tell.

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)

Player Statuses
Spoiler: Jack's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Isara's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Robert's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deniard's Status (click to show/hide)

Allied NPC Statuses

Spoiler: Ursa, Mercenary Ally (click to show/hide)

-----

Enemy Statuses

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2013, 01:38:15 am »

Try the trick with wearing the uniform, check if it looks fine. If there's anything distinguishing, any medals of the sort, take them off. If there's an ID card, turn it around so the blank side faces out. Then onwards, for more gratuitous violence.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:49:16 am by Spinal_Taper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2013, 03:37:25 am »

Take the credits and ID, while saying a short prayer to the man and the rest.
Take all the credits!
Move along.

...So this is how looting feels. Either be apathetic, or do something about it.
..I'm using this for the better.

"Our surprise won't be that much of a surprise unless we make the most of it. Take whatever is needed-and quick, hit the cameras, and let's go!"

Also try to find some medical supplies along the way, just in case.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2013, 04:15:05 am »

The cameras are under our control.

Explore the door to the North. It might be a shortcut.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2013, 06:46:09 am »

"Hey guys, I've found this door that says 'Defence Drone bay.'

take medical supplies, 4 pistol ammo and one of the pistols then take a helmet if available and wear it. Then follow Robert.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station
« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2013, 11:32:07 am »

Miniturn
Robert (10ebbor10)
You move to the door to the north with your laser pistol in hand, raising it to chest height you press the open button on the control pad and prepare yourself as the steel plate hisses open and recedes into the wall. In the room beyond you find a storage room filled with sealed crates and neat white signs attached to the sides of the crates with small orderly words scribbled on them. Walking up one of the two isles in the midst of the crates you lean down to read the signs and find most of them seem to say things like 'barracks food' or ' dining hall food' or 'barracks munitions'. Not long after you see Jack waltz into the room and you ponder what to do as the room is in fact a dead end, no shortcut was to be found here.

Jack Hansan (Tavik_Toth)
You head back to the locker aiming to take the medical supplies you found and one of the pistols that was in there, but quickly find that the medical supplies aren't there anymore. Shrugging you take the pistol and four clips, slamming one into place, before turning and heading into the room Robert just recently entered. Inside you find piles of crates labelled 'food' and 'munitions', as you take the right alley however you spot a hover trolley towards the back. Could be useful for hauling stuff ...

Isara Velias (Tiruin)
You quickly loot all of the guards corpses, pulling out their wallets, grabbing the wads of cash, and trying to avoid looking at the pictures and IDs in all but the officer's whose ID you take. With a small pit forming in your stomach you walk over to the locker and start scrounging around inside it, you quickly spot the medical supplies and cram all of them into your backpack before turning and walking off down the hallway to the west. You quickly make it to the end of the hallway and an intersection with Zelnar, Terence, Ursa, and Deniard alongside you, the group stops there as you contemplate how to handle the pair of guards down the left hand path.

Deniard Wilkins (Spinal_Taper)
You put on the uniform and strap your Lynx across the chest where the cut is in the uniform, and it does well enough you think, while it might not hold up under close inspection it'll pass close enough from a distance or a short time up close but you'd rather not bet your life on it. With that done you follow Isara and the others down to the end of the hallway where you wait trying to work out some plan of action.

Spoiler: Area Map (click to show/hide)

Player Statuses
Spoiler: Jack's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Isara's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Robert's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deniard's Status (click to show/hide)

Allied NPC Statuses

Spoiler: Ursa, Mercenary Ally (click to show/hide)

-----

Enemy Statuses

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:07:06 pm by adwarf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 20, 2013, 11:48:45 pm »

((Bumping because the update might have been missed and I probably need to wait until these miniturns end to keep going with my character.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2013, 12:08:47 pm »

Isara glanced over as Deniard passed her and a thought struck her as her mind tussled with her most recent deed.

"...If we're meeting anymore soldiers, take me hostage. Send them this way, and get the others in a safer position to ambush and disable them. Maybe...given your outfit, we may slip through their lines."

She gripped her knife and shifted her hand to her pistol. Doubt was mostly with her in this idea, but she didn't know how many others were there in the facility.

Issue plan.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18